2,949 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, Philly7 said:

Hi there. 

I just have have a quick question. 

I applied to VAWA a while back (in 2017) and thankfully it got approved a few days ago:) so I’m very grateful for that. 

However, I filed my i130 and i485 back in 2016 (through marriage to a US citizen) and it was put on hold while my vawa was adjudicated. 

A couple of months ago, I moved to a different state so I changed my address as instructed by USCIS. Is this gonna affect how fast they are gonna process my adjustment of status? Because I understand that if you change your address it may affect the processing time of your case.  What’s next? What’s my timeline gonna look like now that I’m in a different state? What approximate date am I looking to be interviewed? 

Thanks in advance!! 

👋😁 hey Philly7 someone is gonna get to you real soon..lots of very efficient and knowledgeable folks on here..but i wanted to quickly ask you what month in 2017 you filed..I'm march 2017😊🎀🎀🌟 congrats on your approval💃

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Philly7 said:

Hi there. 

I just have have a quick question. 

I applied to VAWA a while back (in 2017) and thankfully it got approved a few days ago:) so I’m very grateful for that. 

However, I filed my i130 and i485 back in 2016 (through marriage to a US citizen) and it was put on hold while my vawa was adjudicated. 

A couple of months ago, I moved to a different state so I changed my address as instructed by USCIS. Is this gonna affect how fast they are gonna process my adjustment of status? Because I understand that if you change your address it may affect the processing time of your case.  What’s next? What’s my timeline gonna look like now that I’m in a different state? What approximate date am I looking to be interviewed? 

Thanks in advance!! 

It depends on the workload of your local office. Local offices in NYC and CA, for example, take a long time to set up an interview.

59 minutes ago, Favoured Queen👑 said:

👋😁 hey Philly7 someone is gonna get to you real soon..lots of very efficient and knowledgeable folks on here..but i wanted to quickly ask you what month in 2017 you filed..I'm march 2017😊🎀🎀🌟 congrats on your approval💃

Hi!!! Sorry I didn’t know how this works.

i applied at the same time than you, keep your head up:) 

16 minutes ago, sandranj said:

It depends on the workload of your local office. Local offices in NYC and CA, for example, take a long time to set up an interview.

thank you Sandra. I guess I was just wondering if they’d do it faster since I filed two years ago.

Is it true that a change of address affects your waiting period? 

Thanks in advance!:)

2 minutes ago, Philly7 said:

Hi!!! Sorry I didn’t know how this works.

i applied at the same time than you, keep your head up:) 

No worries dear😊 did you get any RFEs..also did they update the USCIS status online about your approval? Been hearing that the online updates are not entirely reliable😕

1 minute ago, Favoured Queen👑 said:

No worries dear😊 did you get any RFEs..also did they update the USCIS status online about your approval? Been hearing that the online updates are not entirely reliable😕

Yes. They did send me RFE’s at least twice. 

I am not sure about the online status to be honest but they updated mine! 

9 minutes ago, Philly7 said:

Yes. They did send me RFE’s at least twice. 

I am not sure about the online status to be honest but they updated mine! 

Great🌟🌟🌟 for me no RFEs so far..makes me wonder..just wanna hear something...anything...😊😊😊 just want this to be over with...I'm sure you are familiar with the feeling😊

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello Folk, I have a friend that married to US Citizen in September 2013 and was Abused {Financial, Emotion , Physical , emotion .} by his deceased wife. She died in October 2,2016 and he didn't divorce yet.   Can he file for VAWA with lot of evidences on ground ? including letters from his Mother and Father in-laws. ? Thanks 

Filled for VAWA

Aug 28 2018 PD

Biometrics done on Sept 24th 2018

RFE good moral character (police clearance) on October 1st

Patiently waiting for my EAD and AP combo card. 

I just thank the universe I’m not suffering anymore and that I live in peace now, still traumatized from the past year and a half of constant hell with my husband. 

Putting the last piece of faith that things will get better

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
14 hours ago, Florecita_Bella said:

You mean that if a person has been denied an I-485 (marriage) in the past and then submits I-360 and I-485 through Vawa, USCIS will not send you an NTA policy memorandum because it has a new I-485 pending approval?
Thanks in advance for your reply!

I have the same question 😮

2 hours ago, ahmad- said:

Did any April 2017 filers for vawa got anything yet? I am still waiting.......

Filled April 25th 2017, got RFE August 4, 2018 , mailed response Sept 25th, response delivered Sept 28, online update, on Oct 2 we received your response to our request for additional evidence, we will resume working on your case again. Have you heard anything yet?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, i-need-help-pls said:

Hello Folk, I have a friend that married to US Citizen in September 2013 and was Abused {Financial, Emotion , Physical , emotion .} by his deceased wife. She died in October 2,2016 and he didn't divorce yet.   Can he file for VAWA with lot of evidences on ground ? including letters from his Mother and Father in-laws. ? Thanks 

He lost the chance to file l360 as widow,the person can file within 2 years of the  Citizen’S death.

Yes he can file   VAWA based on abuse.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.