2,949 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Just now, SUicidaL-3876 said:

So which card is being produced EAD or green card. 

i think its card under cat c31 they send u once ur vawa is approved but i never applied for any card i already had my ead under c9

1 hour ago, rza said:

i applied under c9 never under c31 :)

Didn't realize you replied..well that explains clearly that as long as ur vawa is approved you will get the card being produced notification! Rest easy it just gets better..🌟🎀💃 it's a good thing however u look at it..I've seen folks on here with same notification soon as approval shows up..start celebrating dear..u won!😁😁😁👍🌟🌟🎀🎀💃💃

Edited by Favoured Queen👑

1 hour ago, Ylx said:

Hi folks! Hope you guys are having a good and blessing day.Im a vawa applicant. Married with a USC. Last wednesday My pro bono lawyer file i864,but not i864W.. What should I do? Will my application be denied for this mistake?

How did your attorney file I-864 with your husband’s information and signature when  you are filing VAWA, which your husband isn’t supposed to know?

seems weird to me

5 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

How did your attorney file I-864 with your husband’s information and signature when  you are filing VAWA, which your husband isn’t supposed to know?

seems weird to me

That is interesting.... No he doesn't know nothing! Oh I will have to ask her then what exactly does my lawyer file.. I'm more worry now

15 hours ago, Ylx said:

That is interesting.... No he doesn't know nothing! Oh I will have to ask her then what exactly does my lawyer file.. I'm more worry now

Well the purpose of the affidavit of support (I-864) is for the immigrant’s sponsor to fill out to vouch for sponsoring the immigrant financially for 10 years in case the immigrant has financial issues. 

Since VAWA petitioners are self-petitioning, they are exempt from having to have a sponsor, this is what form I-864W is for as it waives the need for a sponsor

On 10/6/2018 at 8:48 AM, xoxox said:
Naperi said:

How many papers are we supposed to fill iknow 1 485, 1765 and 1864 for affidavit. What else am i missing please help i need to submit the collect forms

I am not sure Exactly but I also heard need to submit form G 325a I don't know if this form is necessary or not !! Maybe someone can give us better answer about our questions .

On 10/7/2018 at 7:40 AM, iwillsurvive said:

Well the purpose of the affidavit of support (I-864) is for the immigrant’s sponsor to fill out to vouch for sponsoring the immigrant financially for 10 years in case the immigrant has financial issues. 

Since VAWA petitioners are self-petitioning, they are exempt from having to have a sponsor, this is what form I-864W is for as it waives the need for a sponsor

Called the lawyer she said she filed I-864w ... Was my mistake... I panicked for nothing.. Thanks everybody!

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 10/7/2018 at 10:40 AM, iwillsurvive said:

Hey @iwillsurvive I asked a question earlier about the I-864W.

I think it got overlooked.

Could you please advice me if you have the answer please please please.

Do all VAWA recipients qualify for the I-864w (Request for Exemption for Intending Immigrant's Affidavit of Support) 

My vawa will be based as a battered parent of a USA citizen son.

2 hours ago, MariFD said:

Hey @iwillsurvive I asked a question earlier about the I-864W.

I think it got overlooked.

Could you please advice me if you have the answer please please please.

Do all VAWA recipients qualify for the I-864w (Request for Exemption for Intending Immigrant's Affidavit of Support) 

My vawa will be based as a battered parent of a USA citizen son.

Yes, as a VAWA filer you don’t need a sponsor since you are a self petitioner

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

Yes, as a VAWA filer you don’t need a sponsor since you are a self petitioner

Thank you for your reply @iwillsurvive

The confusion is that on the I-864W form none of the options apply to me.

There is no option for a battered parent.. just spouse / child / widower / amerasian / or special immigrant

I don't know which option to select. 

image.png.e5eaf38d8cd7bfa926eb8367c83527e8.png

Hello everyone,

I applied for EAD at the end of May

receipt date june/6

biometrics done at the beginning of July

should I inquire or wait? 

i360 filed- August 2017

prima facia- September 2017

EAD+AOS- June 2018 

is there any new approvals from July/August 2017 filers?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.