2,949 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Par.Hast said:

Hello everyone, 

I have checked my money order status that I sent for my petition. 

Does anyone know what it means when the status is "Cashed on ....(date)".

One of my applications fee has been cashed but one of them has not been cashed yet. 

Just be patient. If it’s been more than 6 weeks, I would get worried and follow up but not before then. 

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dejoy said:

Congrats!!! Pls where is your field office and when did you file i 485? Thanks 

Thanks.  My field office is Newark NJ.

5 hours ago, Kleenex12 said:

congratulations,please can you share ur timeline and when did you file for I-485 in particular?thanks

I was approved for my i360 october 31 2017.  2 weeks after that I filed for the I-485 along with the medical and the 912.  The mail was delivered the day before thanksgiving.  My pd was december 04 and biometrics january 23.  Since then nothing until last week, the interview. letter  I didn't apply for an ead this time, since I had one as a "dreamer", It's going to expire next april. And I'm not working right now (full time student).

4 hours ago, sandranj said:

They ask if you are working but you don't have to show W2. Don't forget to bring your valid passport and EAD, some officers ask the EAD back. Probably they will not approve you on the spot because you have a Court Disposition because they will need some time to review your case.

Thank you Sandra, you helped many people like me, even without you realizing it.   Funny thing after I lost my faith in lawyers, you come along and make me remember there are still good ones, that actually care.

5 hours ago, gramercy said:

@81soalk This is my post regarding the interview experience, I hope you find it helpful.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/679733-vawa-part-11/?page=173&tab=comments#comment-9464423

Thank you so much this was really helpful.

On 11/25/2018 at 5:07 PM, sandranj said:

Hi Folks. Let me explain something here about the RFE. USCIS will issue RFE  if the officer wants more proof of the abuse and/or bonafide marriage. It's not mandatory that the IO issues the RFE. USCIS decision is discretionary. But if someone forgets to submit documents that are mandatory when filing AOS/VAWA they will deny without issuing RFE, documents such as a copy of birth certificate, copy of marriage certificate, divorce decree, if any, etc.

Thanks for detrimention and clarification this issue .. I understood now .. Thank you Sandra , Much appreciate it .

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, Behuman said:

Thanks @Sandranj. My district congressperson is getting retired this year. So his office is not accepting any requests. Can I go ahead with senator's office. 

Yes you can contact your Senator.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ilo said:

@sandra please I would like to know if  I must have an unexpired passport at the time of interview? I am asking because mine recently expired, someone also told me they went for marriage based interview with an expired passport, but valid state I'd card for identification purpose.

Thank you!

You can use a valid photo ID for your interview, but bring the old passport with you ok.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, aquila said:

Hello everyone,

which of these offices is best to contact to inquire about the status of my case beyond normal processing times?

Ombudsman, Congressman or Both.

Thanks

You can try both but the Ombudsman is useless in my opinion. With the Congressman you will get updated on your case within 1-2 weeks. That is my experience.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Hi @sandranj

Please can someone guide me what will I do if my husband’s lawyer write a letter to USCIS to deny my VAWA case? 

I filed a protection order against my husband but the Judge denied the order due lack of evidence. I only had written declaration from me and family regarding domestic violence. He has a lawyer to defend him. My husband’s lawyer knew that I am applying for VAWA.

Thank you so much.

42 minutes ago, Charlotte18 said:

Hello everyone,

Hi @sandranj

Please can someone guide me what will I do if my husband’s lawyer write a letter to USCIS to deny my VAWA case? 

I filed a protection order against my husband but the Judge denied the order due lack of evidence. I only had written declaration from me and family regarding domestic violence. He has a lawyer to defend him. My husband’s lawyer knew that I am applying for VAWA.

Thank you so much.

@Charlotte18 hello.

First, VAWA applications are regarded as sensitive information so information about your case will not released to your abuser or his lawyer, only to the safe address that you put down on your application. Second, USCIS officers that handle VAWA cases will only rely on information that you provide, not on information submitted to them by your abuser or his lawyer.

Quick question: how did your abuser's lawyer know that you were filing for VAWA?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Gogetter18 said:

@Charlotte18 hello.

First, VAWA applications are regarded as sensitive information so information about your case will not released to your abuser or his lawyer, only to the safe address that you put down on your application. Second, USCIS officers that handle VAWA cases will only rely on information that you provide, not on information submitted to them by your abuser or his lawyer.

Quick question: how did your abuser's lawyer know that you were filing for VAWA?

In his written declaration filed in the court, he said that I just filed this protection order because I am doing a self-petition and because I am currently overstayed. His lawyer will probably send this court denial letter to USCIS and request to deny my case.

I just got I-797 but still no prima facie.

I appreciate your response @Gogetter18

On 11/17/2018 at 4:14 PM, Jan88 said:

HI Sandranj

But i did not have every proof. I only have my baby's birth certificate,it has his name on it ..pls help..thank you!

If you lived together for a short time either a day, a week or a month explain it in your statement and state why you don't have proof.

I dated my husband for a while and after marriage we didn't last a month and he took everything, all I had was a single price of mail so I put that in my statement... I was kicked out with nothing

Timeline: 

May 2016 retained an attorney and started to prepare my VAWA petition. 

11/08/2016 mailed my packet

11/28/2016 USCIS rejected my packet (expired forms) :(((  

11/29/2016 Mailed my packet again Via ExpressMail (I-360, I-485, I-864w, I-765, I-912, G-325A) with previous rejection notice on top & a request to expedite EAD

12/14/2016 Date on the NOA  

12/31/2016 Attorney emailed my Prima Facie (Notice date 12/19/2018)   (180 days)

01/14/2017 Mailed my husband’s birth certificate with the blue receipt that came with my Prima Facie

01/17/2018 I-360 online Update (correspondence received)

12/25/2016 Notice for Biometrics

01/12/2017 Biometrics completed

01/31/2017 EAD update (Ordered my new card)

02/04/2017 My first EAD delivered.

02/06/2017 Picked my EAD & applied for SSN

02/14/2017 Applied for state ID

02/15/2017 Applied for Medicaid

06/03/2017 Received my Prima Facie (180 days)

10/22/2017 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912) and request to extend PF

11/21/2017 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

12/13/2017 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

03/08/2018 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

05/03/2018 Received my 5th Prima Facie (180 days)

05/08/2018   VAWA approved (online Update)

05/14/2018  Case moved to NBC 

05/15/2018 Approval notice & Deferred Action delivered 

07/26/2018 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912)

09/05/2018 update (ِِAfter responding to the senator's inquiry USCIS stated my file was mailed 08/14/2018 and received by NYC field office 08/23/2018) 

9/22/2018 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

10/24/2018  Attorney emailed my interview notice

11/05/2018 Completed the medical (I-693)

11/08/2018  interview for I-485    (took I-693, W2 & Employment verification letter)     Details in this link https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/679733-vawa-part-11/?page=173&tab=comments#comment-9464423

11/16/2018 Received my GC

08/10/2021 Submitted form N-400 Online and received the receipt notice

08/18/2021 Received notice for biometric reuse

01/18/2022 Notice of interview

02/15/2022 Interview for N-400 and test 

02/22/2022 N-400 approved

02/23/2022 Oath Ceremony Scheduled 

03/17/2022 Oath Ceremony

Hello everyone, 

I filed I360 , on August 27,2018 , based on physical and psychological abuse from my wife, I recently checked the status of my application, and now shows that on November 21st, USCIS sent a RFE , my lawyer and I didn't receive anything yet , 

Let say after we receive the RFE , we submit everything needed , how long does it usually take to receive a decision ? 

Thank you.

4 hours ago, Touna said:

Hello everyone, 

I filed I360 , on August 27,2018 , based on physical and psychological abuse from my wife, I recently checked the status of my application, and now shows that on November 21st, USCIS sent a RFE , my lawyer and I didn't receive anything yet , 

Let say after we receive the RFE , we submit everything needed , how long does it usually take to receive a decision ? 

Thank you.

Since you just filed in August of this year, this will be more like an initial RFE, processing times are still 16-20 months from your receipt date, so expect a decision end of 2019/beginning of 2020. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.