2,949 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, nap_o said:

Per USCIS: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/home

11.5 Months to 29 Months

I'm not sure how accurate this is for us as VAWA applicants... It may be different on a case by case basis. 

I am in the same boat, waiting for I-485 to get transfer, my I-360 was approved on 10/29/2018. My WP valid for 1 year and processing my I-131.

I hope I get my approval letter and I-485 answer sooner vs later...

Good Luck to US 🍀🙌🏼

18 minutes ago, Bryan12 said:

This is really getting me scared.

Have been in the US for 2 years and I only submitted police clearance from the US and not from my home country .

my question is that should I get one ASAP and should I sent it to Vermont if  RFE is issued or not .

Thanks for your help @all @iwillsurvive@sandraj

When you submit VAWA, in the instructions it states that you need to submit police clearance from 3 years prior to filing I-360 for every place (country or US state) you have lived in for 6 months or more. 

What date is your I-360 receipt date?

Filed: Other Timeline
5 hours ago, aquila said:

Renew it asap with copies of the current 180 day extension. In your cover letter please state that you never received your ead card and you only had 180 days extension notice of which you have included a copy.

@aquila Are you saying i should submit another application for renewal or Do a cover letter explaining the situation and attach the I797C showing the 180-days automatic extension? 

Thanks again.

1 hour ago, Bryan12 said:

May2018 

To prove that you are a person of good moral character, you need police clearance from all places you lived for 6+ months starting May 2015. 

I suggest you start getting the ones you didn’t submit as every country has a different process that takes a different amount of time. 

I had to gather it from 4 different countries, so I know how lengthy this can be. 

7 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

To prove that you are a person of good moral character, you need police clearance from all places you lived for 6+ months starting May 2015. 

I suggest you start getting the ones you didn’t submit as every country has a different process that takes a different amount of time. 

I had to gather it from 4 different countries, so I know how lengthy this can be. 

Thanks I will start that ASAP.

Also do you suggest I send the police clearance before they send RFE requesting for it or I should wait for the RFE

15 hours ago, Islanderk said:

Hello everyone.. hope all is well and pray everyone (,including myself) receive some good news soon. I have a question does anyone know of any place in Newport News Virginia who offer free therapy sessions for people with our case. I am mentally having an extremely hard time with everything that I've went through and is going through.. I can't afford to pay as I haven't gotten my ead yet. I really need someone to talk to..

Dial 211 and they will help you to find free counseling center at your area. 

2 hours ago, TeaCee said:

@aquila Are you saying i should submit another application for renewal or Do a cover letter explaining the situation and attach the I797C showing the 180-days automatic extension? 

Thanks again.

Yes submit another application for renewal(passport pics, copy of pending 485, copy of previous expired EAD card), attach the 797c showing the 180 days extension and add a cover letter explaining the situation that you didn't receive your EAD card.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 hours ago, Bryan12 said:

This is really getting me scared.

Have been in the US for 2 years and I only submitted police clearance from the US and not from my home country .

my question is that should I get one ASAP and should I sent it to Vermont if  RFE is issued or not .

Thanks for your help @all @iwillsurvive@sandraj

If you are here less than 3 years then ask the  police clearance from ypur Country and  submit to USCIS as soon you receive the clearance ok.

18 minutes ago, sandranj said:

If you are here less than 3 years then ask the  police clearance from ypur Country and  submit to USCIS as soon you receive the clearance ok.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

i will get the police clearance ASAP,

When sending this document,should I just attached only the receipt for my i360,i485 and i765 ?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bolivia
Timeline
1 minute ago, escape said:

Guys, I have had the best news today:

I-360 card is being produced

My case was approved!!!! God is amazing!!! 🙏🏼❤️

June 15, 2017 filer no RFE, but I sent more evidence with the blue paper. 

Rushing to work, will post a better timeline later. Keep praying, don’t let fear and anxiety get to you. Yours will be approved too. 

Sending my my love to all of you. 

Congratulations!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bolivia
Timeline

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
11 minutes ago, escape said:

Guys, I have had the best news today:

I-360 card is being produced

My case was approved!!!! God is amazing!!! 🙏🏼❤️

June 15, 2017 filer no RFE, but I sent more evidence with the blue paper. 

Rushing to work, will post a better timeline later. Keep praying, don’t let fear and anxiety get to you. Yours will be approved too. 

Sending my my love to all of you. 

Congratulations! 

I-360 doesn’t issue a card , it must be your Work Permit card, I just got mine too! Now the next step is the I-485 for the GC.

Enjoy the moment, getting closer to finish this long process 🎉🍾 

Edited by FridayGirl@69

12 hours ago, aquila said:

Yes submit another application for renewal(passport pics, copy of pending 485, copy of previous expired EAD card), attach the 797c showing the 180 days extension and add a cover letter explaining the situation that you didn't receive your EAD card.

Thanks. I will send it out today. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.