2,949 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Ilo said:

Maybe he should check on the status of the request.

Supposedly she verified it less than a month ago and said that it is still a long time before they give me the FOIA record.
On the other hand, I went to DMV with my Prima Facie and applied for a driver's license, but currently in the status of that license it says that they are verifying my legal presence "We are currently verifying your legal presence".
In case I have been sent an NTA letter that I could not receive, could DMV deny me my driver's license and put me at a higher risk of deportation?

13 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Supposedly she verified it less than a month ago and said that it is still a long time before they give me the FOIA record.
On the other hand, I went to DMV with my Prima Facie and applied for a driver's license, but currently in the status of that license it says that they are verifying my legal presence "We are currently verifying your legal presence".
In case I have been sent an NTA letter that I could not receive, could DMV deny me my driver's license and put me at a higher risk of deportation?

Well, honestly I do not know the right answer to that question maybe @sandra can help, but I know they ought to verify legal presence.I suggest you always remain positive and pray, because that's the only way to move forward.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 hours ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Sandra suggested sending a letter to NBC requesting that they not issue an NTA since one has a new I-485 based on the I-360 pending approval, but someone in the forum yesterday asked Sandra an interesting question, she asked been answered yet; someone asked if sending a letter requesting what the NTA does not issue would cause NBC to send it rather than send it.
I would like to know how many months after the I-485 is denied is that USCIS sends the NTA letter?
For example, I have been 8 months and thank God I have not received any NTA.
I hope someone with more experience can help us with this topic.
Thank you all….

I did not say NBC,the person has to ask the local office not to issue the NTA.

On 10/31/2018 at 11:30 AM, shayona said:

My attorney has submitted my VAWA packet with all required documents and evidences  on 5th October and Vermont office has received it on 9th October. It's been more than 3 weeks now but still I haven't received Receipt from USCIS. I am seriously worried why they are taking so long issuing receipt. Is there anything wrong with my VAWA documents ?  

Taken So long .. Did you receive your receipt Regarding the case or still waiting ?

10 hours ago, Hopenyc said:

My abusive husband withdrawn I130 cause i485 denied. (Even I had valid F1)

but the officer list those thing on NTA like...

overstay

130 withdrawn (no criminal)

While waiting for court date.,,, which takes more than a yearssss., (don’t know when)

My lawyer prefer to submit i360 to uscis

But can’t apply for work permit.

Once I received NTA, I’m in removal proceedings. Not many choice I have, It hard to understand,and  explain but only immigration (judge)court can decide. 

How did you get inform that he withdrawn your I-130? 

Hey guys, in your opinion, should I worry about having a NTA?

2016 applied for 130 485 765

jun 2017 applied for 360

july 2017 evil husband withdraw 130, got an email 485 was denied. 

Ago 2017 applied for another 485 and 765, new fingerprints

Dec 2017 new EAD approved

i never received physical letters from my old 485, because I moved out, and stop all contact with evil husband. 

@Florecita_Bella 😅 phew. Thank you.

It makes sense. I had my vawa receipt on hands when he withdrew the 130. And my A# was kept the same. 

To this day it still baffles me how could we have found ourselves these evil husbands and wives... Luckily  it doesn’t hurt me anymore. 

Edited by escape

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 hours ago, Psquare said:

It’s been that way for so many years ...if your application is denied they probably usually send NTA...

12 hours ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Thanks for the info!
I submitted both applications in the same state, but then I moved to another state and despite my new lawyer has sent 3 G-28 and two AR-11 Vermont has not changed the address of my first lawyer, as USCIS continues to send documents to the first lawyer.
I thank you in advance if you can please help me with the following question:
1. If my I-485 based on the marriage was filed in the same local office where I sent the I-360, do I not need to send the letter requesting that they not send me the NTA?
2. Where can I check which are the local offices of each state?
Thanks again for your help!

You need to send a letter to the local office that denied your l485.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.