2,949 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, TOVE said:

hello Yollande, what documents did you use and what did you tell them? could you please explain more, I have been without a DL since my EAD expired last year, and they told me that I can not use the prima facia to renew! I live in California

I suggest you contact your dps, I also live in Texas, here you only need to take your expired license along with your recipt notice for either i-360 or i-485 which shows you have a pending case, then the dps verify lawful presence with uscis using your A# and receipt, they usually get back with an approval within 2weeks to get the license renewed. Contact your dps to know if they accept recipt notice.

Filed: Other Country: Marshall Islands
Timeline

Hello guys.

I got an I485 interview in 06/26/18 based on VAWA approval.

However, Since then, I didn't get any of update. I already contacted local Congressman and Senator. USCIS replied from them that my case is still pending. 

The problem is my parents are sick so that I need to visit my country in December. 

I don't know whether any of you guys has similat situation. But, please be adviced.

Sanranj, If I visit my country without receiving GC and I have to visit my parents, what you would advice for me? 

Please... desperate now.. 

Thanks.

Edited by GodBlessYou

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
12 hours ago, gramercy said:

It is normal procedure to sign a waiver when you attend an interview without a legal representative.... It's merely to state that you agree to be interviewed alone!

It is also normal to be given a paper stating that your case will be reviewed, it can be an instant approval or within few days or can take up to 4-6 months in very few situations.

Sometimes officers cross the line questioning the VAWA specially if there is no lawyer present to stop them  in their tracks, but the applicant may also state that it has already been adjudicated at VSC if it gets too uncomfortable or invasive (I hope it wasn't that bad for you) , but generally there is no harm in giving truthful answers if it doesn't cause you severe anxiety to do so.

Don't worry and be strong, and I hope you receive an approval notice and share your great news with us very soon :) best of luck

Thanks @gramercy that relieves some pressure. I will surely update if I hear back anything. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, GodBlessYou said:

Hello guys.

I got an I485 interview in 06/26/18 based on VAWA approval.

However, Since then, I didn't get any of update. I already contacted local Congressman and Senator. USCIS replied from them that my case is still pending. 

The problem is my parents are sick so that I need to visit my country in December. 

I don't know whether any of you guys has similat situation. But, please be adviced.

Sanranj, If I visit my country without receiving GC and I have to visit my parents, what you would advice for me? 

Please... desperate now.. 

Thanks.

You need to travel with advance parole, don't go without AP. In case your AOS is denied when you are abroad you will not be able to reenter.

Contact your congress person to inquire on your behalf about your GC.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
11 hours ago, Yollande said:

I have always check my own case via the uscis check status online. How come I'm not receiving emails like others? I'm a June flier too and received ere for GMC

Did you signed in the box for emails and texts notifications?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ilo said:

You are right, some IO are almost forced to re adjundicate Vawa when the applicant appears alone for an interview, with the presence of a lawyer, they know they have a limit on what to ask.I would definitely get a lawyer to go with me when I finally gets my interview date.

Your assumption is not correct. Uscis officers are not allowed to ask about the abuse at all, if the person feels confident to disclose the abuse then the person can disclose otherwise the person has to say to the officer that he/she doesn't want to talk about the abuse anymore and that the abuse was already adjudicated by  VSC.

We have here on VJ  at least 5 people that their attorneys attended the interview and they asked about abuse and their attorneys objected the question,  and in 2 occasions the supervisors were called, and all cases USCIS took 4/7  months to approve the interview after the interview. Usually who asks about the abuse are new officers and for sure they are not following the USCIS manual guidelines when adjudicating the AOS.

20 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Your assumption is not correct. Uscis officers are not allowed to ask about the abuse at all, if the person feels confident to disclose the abuse then the person can disclose otherwise the person has to say to the officer that he/she doesn't want to talk about the abuse anymore and that the abuse was already adjudicated by  VSC.

We have here on VJ  at least 5 people that their attorneys attended the interview and they asked about abuse and their attorneys objected the question,  and in 2 occasions the supervisors were called, and all cases USCIS took 4/7  months to approve the interview after the interview. Usually who asks about the abuse are new officers and for sure they are not following the USCIS manual guidelines when adjudicating the AOS.

Thank you @sandra for the clarification, I am better prepared now with this information.

Edited by Ilo

44 minutes ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

Did you signed in the box for emails and texts notifications?

The last email notification I received was when they received my response to rfe, I had to login manual to find out my case status has changed to card production and card mailed, even today I logged in again and it says on Nov 13 we approved your i-360 and will mail notice, never got email notifications for recent activities. Has yours changed yet?

Edited by Ilo

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Ilo said:

The last email notification I received was when they received my response to rfe, I had to login manual to find out my case status has changed to card production and card mailed, even today I logged in again and it says on Nov 13 we approved your i-360 and will mail notice, never got email notifications for recent activities. Has yours changed yet?

How long after you sent your RFE did they take to give a decision???

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Ilo said:

It takes 3-10 days to get it, I got my notification on 10/29/2018 Card In Production, on 10/31/2018 we mailed your Card, finally it arrived 11/5/2018 so you can get and idea...I haven’t  received the approval notification yet but @iwillsurvive said it is approved, it takes 2-4 weeks to get it if not I will send an info-pass.I hope it helps!

May I ask your timeline?

I am May 25th 2017 filler packet

10 hours ago, TOVE said:

hello Yollande, what documents did you use and what did you tell them? could you please explain more, I have been without a DL since my EAD expired last year, and they told me that I can not use the prima facia to renew! I live in California

Check documents needed for a DL from your states Dps website. Scrool down to vawa applicant and check which document will qualify you.

14 minutes ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

It takes 3-10 days to get it, I got my notification on 10/29/2018 Card In Production, on 10/31/2018 we mailed your Card, finally it arrived 11/5/2018 so you can get and idea...I haven’t  received the approval notification yet but @iwillsurvive said it is approved, it takes 2-4 weeks to get it if not I will send an info-pass.I hope it helps!

May I ask your timeline?

I am May 25th 2017 filler packet

Yes it approved and you will get it soon, I filled April 25th 2017.

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ilo said:

They recieved response 10/02/2018 and status went into card production 10/31/2018,

Received ead (c31) 11/6/2018,

Status change to approved 11/13/2018

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.