2,949 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
23 hours ago, Naperi said:

G 28 is for the lawyer becouse he is the one representing you,. Fee waiver you need to give valid reasons that you cant afford to pay filling fee.. They returned my  forms for 3times Becouse of fee waiver ,, then idecided to pay the fee,, i

Thnaks@NAPERI

4 hours ago, sandranj said:

I never told you that she has to close the I-765 category C31.I said she filed with wrong category and she has to file category C 9.Category C31 is just issued after VAWA approval. 

Dear Sandranj,  I am apologize about misunderstood . No,you did not told me closed pervious case which the  I765 sent in. 

I checked my notifications again, it was iwillsurive  did answered me about it. 

I apologized for both of you. 

4 hours ago, sandranj said:

You can file the I-824 along with your I-485,or after your I-485 approval, but NVC will forward  to the U.S Consulate the form I-824 just after your green card is approved. I prefer to file form I-824 with USCIS after the AOS approval because I saw many cases that USCIS forgot  that the I-824 was submitted and they didn't ship the file to the Consulate and people were waiting for several months and found out that USCIS didn't even initiate the I-824 process.

Thanh you so much for your help. I will do as you suggest.

Love you so much Sandranj. God always bless you dear.

Hi guys, does anyone know if it the interview gets scheduled faster if the I-485 was put on hold at the local office until VAWA approval? Faster than if I was to file I-485 after approval since it is already with them? Was just wondering if that makes any difference. Thank you!

58 minutes ago, staypositive said:

Hi guys, does anyone know if it the interview gets scheduled faster if the I-485 was put on hold at the local office until VAWA approval? Faster than if I was to file I-485 after approval since it is already with them? Was just wondering if that makes any difference. Thank you!

In theory it makes sense that it goes faster  if it was put on hold. It doesn’t need to be looked over and transferred from NBC to local office. 

Filed: Other Country: Marshall Islands
Timeline

Hello, 

I had an i485 interview in June,2018 after VAWA approved in March,2018. 

When I got an Interview, the Officer said he will make a decision in a few days. I didnot get any of paper.

However, since then, I didn't get any GC approval letter. It already passed 3 and half months now. I contacted local congressman and Senator and got an answer from USCIS that my case is still pending. 

Even my USCIS website doesn't update anything since VAWA approved. I tired to make an appointment with infopass, there is no spot. 

Any of you guys have similar case like me? 

Sandranj, do u have similar case like mine? 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 hours ago, staypositive said:

It will be 7/10 days maximum  of difference if you have the l485 put on hold.

Timeline
10 hours ago, GodBlessYou said:

Hello, 

I had an i485 interview in June,2018 after VAWA approved in March,2018. 

When I got an Interview, the Officer said he will make a decision in a few days. I didnot get any of paper.

However, since then, I didn't get any GC approval letter. It already passed 3 and half months now. I contacted local congressman and Senator and got an answer from USCIS that my case is still pending. 

Even my USCIS website doesn't update anything since VAWA approved. I tired to make an appointment with infopass, there is no spot. 

Any of you guys have similar case like me? 

Sandranj, do u have similar case like mine? 

YES I had a few cases that took between 3/ 7 months after the interview to receive the green card.

Filed: Other Timeline
On 10/13/2018 at 12:18 AM, sandranj said:

Another bad attorney. She filed with wrong category,  you will get work permit after VAWA approval using category C31, it's taking 16/20months. You filed AOS then she has to file form I-765 category C 9 and within 3 months you should receive the work permit. Because you will submit form I-765 after filing I-485 YOU have to pay the USCIS fees or to submit the I-912 to waive the fees.

HI Sandranj

Thanks for quick reply. My husband never filed AOS for my greencard, this may be the reason why my attorney filed I-765 under C-09 category.  Am I correct ? 

Or if we file I-485 with VAWA then we can also choose C-09 category for I-765 requesting EAD before VAWA approval ? 

Filed: Timeline
7 minutes ago, shayona said:

HI Sandranj

Thanks for quick reply. My husband never filed AOS for my greencard, this may be the reason why my attorney filed I-765 under C-09 category.  Am I correct ? 

Or if we file I-485 with VAWA then we can also choose C-09 category for I-765 requesting EAD before VAWA approval ? 

Please re-read what Sandra posted (and take a look at previous VAWA threads)
You first said your attny filed 765 under c31 and now you are saying they filed 765 under c9. Check your copies and make sure you have the correct info.
Anyway- there are different ways of filing for VAWA/AOS depending on your specific situation. IF you only file the 360 then you have to wait for it to be approved to get an EAD (c31 12-16 months to get) IF you have a 485 on hold (from filing with spouse) or file a 485 with your 360 then you can apply for EAD under c9 and it will be processed immediately (you will get 3-6 months from filing)

Filed: Other Timeline
1 minute ago, Damara said:

Please re-read what Sandra posted (and take a look at previous VAWA threads)
You first said your attny filed 765 under c31 and now you are saying they filed 765 under c9. Check your copies and make sure you have the correct info.
Anyway- there are different ways of filing for VAWA/AOS depending on your specific situation. IF you only file the 360 then you have to wait for it to be approved to get an EAD (c31 12-16 months to get) IF you have a 485 on hold (from filing with spouse) or file a 485 with your 360 then you can apply for EAD under c9 and it will be processed immediately (you will get 3-6 months from filing)

I really apologize for this mistake. Thank you so much for answering me. 

On 10/11/2018 at 10:47 AM, sandranj said:

Certified Court deposition is not the same thing of a dismissal notice. The dismissal notice states that the case was dismissed, that is it,but the Court deposition creates a written transcript of your testimony,and you need to get a CERTIFIED DEPOSITION.People think the dismissal is what matters but for immigration what matters besides the sentence is what the parts said in Court.

I think It’s a fair attorney fee $900 

@sandranjif you handle all state case , can you help me handle remove  this criminal history record ?

thank you so much .

Timeline
10 hours ago, Claudia16049 said:

@sandranjif you handle all state case , can you help me handle remove  this criminal history record ?

thank you so much .

I handle in all States  just immigration cases.

Edited by sandranj

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.