2,949 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Omega said:

hey please whats your timeline, any RFE? PF?... Im July 2017 filler, nothing yet, very anxious and can't wait. Lord have mercy

June 2017: Filed I-360 

July 2017: Received PF and then got renewed every 6 months automatically (3 in total)

Oct 12, 2018: I-360 Approved 

No RFE.

My I-485 is with the local office already because it was put on hold before I filed VAWA, I wonder if that makes the process faster?

You will hear back soon, stay positive! 

Good luck to everyone and God bless!

Edited by staypositive

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, shayona said:

Hi @Sandranj

can you please help me to understand the situation I explained in previous post ? 

I know you asked Sandra but I read this in this forum :

C9 category is issued while VAWA is pending so that petitioners whose abuser is a US Citizen can work while their application is being reviewed

( the reasoning behind this is such that the petitioner can be put in the same situation he/she would have been if there was no VAWA).

c31 is issued AFTER the approval of VAWA so that the person can now start to work before the adjustment 485 goes through and the green card is issued. 

Edited by Czzr

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Favoured Queen👑 said:

I remember you said you never applied for category c31..so they just send it anyways upon approval?😕😕

yea i shared a link what category means in uscis on work permit

EAD_Code_Table.pdf

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 10/11/2018 at 12:46 PM, Angelica123 said:

Hello,
I am new to this forum, I do not know much about Vawa, but I have read and apparently there are many collaborators that may be able to help me with this situation that worries me:
After archiving my complete package (I-360, I-485, I-765), I recently noticed that my attorney apparently mistakenly sent Form I-765 under category C31 instead of category C09, so that I will not get my work permit before my I-360 is approved. Before asking my lawyer to explain how she could correct this error, I would like to know how it might be possible to make such a correction, either by sending a new Form I-765 under the category C09 or in some other way possible.
Thank you all for helping me …

The attorney has to submit a new l765 using the right category.

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
13 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

You can either send along a copy of the fee waiver from the first time or just fill out another one and send it with form I-765. You always have to file form G-28 when you have an attorney sending your forms. Your attorney should know about this. This form can be printed from the USCIS website just like every other form. Since you are a VAWA filer, all your correspondence goes through Vermont. Chicago does not deal with VAWA petitioners, so if your attorney is sending stuff there, he has no idea what he is doing. 

Thanks so much. 

2 hours ago, escape said:

@staypositive Big congrats on your approval! So happy for you! 🎊

I know mine is coming soon too (June 15, 2017 filer). So ready to put this in my past. 

Yes I filed 6 days before you, you should hear very soon!

22 hours ago, i-need-help-pls said:

After I-130,I-485 and {Renewal  I-765 } denied in May, My Attorney filed VAWA petition for me including; I-360, I-485 and EAD cat C31. When i told him that i can apply under cat C09, He sent form

I-765 to Chicago USCIS Office with renewal and no filling fee. Today, i got rejection notice because of Filling fee and Valid G-28 form was not received. 

My questions are 

{1} Can i request for fee waiver form I-912 because i did for I-360, I-485.

{2} Do i need to send back to Chicago or Vermont Center

{3} How can he get valid G-28

Thanks in advance. 

G 28 is for the lawyer becouse he is the one representing you,. Fee waiver you need to give valid reasons that you cant afford to pay filling fee.. They returned my  forms for 3times Becouse of fee waiver ,, then idecided to pay the fee,, i

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.