1,212 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Sciencedaan said:

Yes, she marked on 221(g) and my wife went on 19th while my interview was on 17th, I think this is why she said you cannot go with your wife right now. Yes, they kept my passport and my case got updated yesterday too but its still AP. 

Be patient😊 InshaAllah you will get visa soon , AP is 2 name of torture😁🤕  one person got his visa 1 day of AP after interview hopefully you hear goodnews soon inshaAllah 

Just now, paki-guy said:

I need more answerers before I give you estimate date of visa. Did CO said everything looks fine but we need more time to review? Do you have a simple Pakistani name? Any specific wired question CO asked ? or just routine questions? 

Just simple questions for 2/3 minutes.

She asked me about when you got married? I told her the date
How did you guys meet? (through someone we know)
Your families knew each other before your marriage? No

What does your wife do? she works

What do you do? I work 

When your wife came to Pakistan (as she was with me)? I told her the date and we delayed the flight for the interview.

Then she said you cannot go with your wife right now and you will get to know in a month and then she gave me this and I wasn't sure what exactly it is and I asked what I need to do with this, she said just keep it with yourself and I asked again that I will get the passport in a month she said yes can be sooner or later. And then I said Thank you and left.

She didn't mention anything about more time to review or anything. Yes, I have a simple Pakistani name. No weird questions.

** She didn't ask me for any pictures, W2 of my wife, nothing except the Nikkah Nama, Passport, birth certificate and picture that I submitted before the interview and CO returned me everything and kept my passport.

2 minutes ago, paki-guy said:

Keep checking your status on website. If you see frequent updates.....AP....Ready.....AP.........Ready........... in next 7 days then you will see ......Issued .......on ........Jan 31, 2019 or before IA.

If you don't see above frequent updates then you will get visa on March 15, 2019 or before IA.

But keep praying that you don't get any e-mail from them asking your privies traveling history or social media account DS-5535

Allah Kareem--InshAllah.

Also, my case got updated yesterday for the first time but the status remained the same i-e AP. the previous date was 18th Jan and now its 23rd Jan. 

IA May it will get issued before 31st :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
23 hours ago, Sciencedaan said:

Allah Kareem--InshAllah.

Also, my case got updated yesterday for the first time but the status remained the same i-e AP. the previous date was 18th Jan and now its 23rd Jan. 

IA May it will get issued before 31st :)

my intrview also was in 17 january and it was approved hmd :) I got my passport with the visa but as I noticed my case status in the online application remained the same like it was before the interview.. it means your case can not be updated at the same time yr visa is issued

also when I went to have my passport I met with 3 applicants who passed their interviews in December and the embassy kept their passports without saying anything for them. these applicants   waited for a call from the embassy untill they went by themselves and they had their visas the same day

U may go to the embassy and try to ask them if u wasn't asked to submit any document

It confusing the way they treat applicants realy from my self experience they give me my visa without any sealed packet and they didn't even explain why untill I got some answers from this site

good luck for u :)

Timeline
On 1/21/2019 at 8:53 AM, Hamza Sufi said:

Hello every, 
Hope all of the delays you guys are facing get done asap and you guys unite with your loved ones, I had my interview on the 16th Jan 19 in islamabad, and everything went great in the interview, was not handed any kinds of paper, the CO said to me that my visa was approved and i shall get my passport within 1-2 weeks and everything looks great. Upon reading forums here , i have stumbled upon quite a few cases where they delay cases like that for no reason at all, my case has been in ap since the day of the interview and has been updated once but still in AP? 
do any of you guys have an idea why is that ? and do they actually delay cases for no reason at all ? i really want to be in the US for our first baby girls birth, it is expected to be born end of march. i really hope i can make it and im getting really anxious by the day, can any body please explain why is my case in AP when she clearly said approved and even told me the timeline. 

Thank you somuch in advance 

yes many applicants are in the same situation like you .. you can go to the embassy and ask them directly because I saw 3 applicants in the embassy of Tunisia who were delayed for no reasons and they called the embassy without any answers so they just went there and they had their visas the same day

34 minutes ago, LAMIS said:

yes many applicants are in the same situation like you .. you can go to the embassy and ask them directly because I saw 3 applicants in the embassy of Tunisia who were delayed for no reasons and they called the embassy without any answers so they just went there and they had their visas the same day

@LAMISThank you for writing. I think the cases in Pakistan are totally different from Tunisia. Here we cannot go directly to the embassy and I don't think the people here are cooperative or they will tell me anything, They will just say that write an email or check your status online. 
Pakistani's what do you think can we go to the embassy and inquire like this??

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sciencedaan said:

@LAMISThank you for writing. I think the cases in Pakistan are totally different from Tunisia. Here we cannot go directly to the embassy and I don't think the people here are cooperative or they will tell me anything, They will just say that write an email or check your status online. 

in fact they were waiting without any answers .. they called the embassy and sended email so it stills to go there and see what's going on . it may work 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sciencedaan said:

No without an appointment letter you won't even be allowed a token for the shuttle.   Only an American (and for certain reasons i.e. regarding US passport) can enter the embassy without an appointment.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, LAMIS said:

Alhamdolillah got my visa today , just like someone predicted over here , right on the money !! I hope you guys get yours asap as well 

Hey everyone! So i'm waiting for my CR-1 visa. My interview was on 11th Dec 2018 at the Isb US embassy and the officer who interviewed me was super nice and said that my visa has been approved and kept the passport. In the end she handed me the white paper that was ticked for Admin Processing as most of the applicants. I asked her about it and she said it's just something they have in the system and i should not worry. My update dates only changed when my lawyer requested for an inquiry and then after the request was sent from the local senator's office. 

Any chances of getting my visa by the second week of Feb? This whole process is very frustrating. I know, no one can tell how long will this AP take but still, it'll be good to hear something if someone is or has been in the same situation.

Edited by Leenz

9 hours ago, Leenz said:

Hey everyone! So i'm waiting for my CR-1 visa. My interview was on 11th Dec 2018 at the Isb US embassy and the officer who interviewed me was super nice and said that my visa has been approved and kept the passport. In the end she handed me the white paper that was ticked for Admin Processing as most of the applicants. I asked her about it and she said it's just something they have in the system and i should not worry. My update dates only changed when my lawyer requested for an inquiry and then after the request was sent from the local senator's office. 

Any chances of getting my visa by the second week of Feb? This whole process is very frustrating. I know, no one can tell how long will this AP take but still, it'll be good to hear something if someone is or has been in the same situation.

Someone help please

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Leenz said:

Someone help please

Sorry no one can help but just give you hope. this time shall pass. Just think that you are not alone, so many are waiting to meet their love ones without knowing the time frame. I pray that you and all of us get visa soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.