Itssimons

Norfolk Local Office AOS Filers

137 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi all,

My NOA1 is Aug 13, 2019 and the interview will be in Norfolk, VA. (AOS, EAD, AP - from K1)

I have a few questions here,

1) What documents will you guys suggest that we have to prepare and bring to the interview? I'm wondering if I have to bring join bank account, we don't have one now because I'm not sure if we can get join bank account since I don't have SSN yet.

2) I booked the flight back to my home country in April 2020

Should I be worried if I get advance parole or green card by that time?

Should I request for AP expedite?

Cheers,

On 9/11/2019 at 6:15 PM, AJHBs said:

Hi all,

My NOA1 is Aug 13, 2019 and the interview will be in Norfolk, VA. (AOS, EAD, AP - from K1)

I have a few questions here,

1) What documents will you guys suggest that we have to prepare and bring to the interview? I'm wondering if I have to bring join bank account, we don't have one now because I'm not sure if we can get join bank account since I don't have SSN yet.

2) I booked the flight back to my home country in April 2020

Should I be worried if I get advance parole or green card by that time?

Should I request for AP expedite?

Cheers,

You wil get notice interview appointment just follow that list doc requirement.

I got my ead ap combo around 3 months. Once you have your ead ap combo you can travel back to your home country and apply for ssn .

Hooe you will get it at soon.

• 5 weeks later...

My husband and I had our interview yesterday, Oct 16th at the Norfolk Office.  We had 2 IO's in the office, a man and woman.  We walked in, the woman looked serious but was not mean!  Very professional.  We signed a paper stating we waived having our lawyer present.  She took photos and fingerprints of my husband.  Then she moved onto the I130 questions, cross questioning us things off the form such as name,  address, birthday, parents names, place of birth, and work.  She then asked for new evidence; Lease, joint utilities, joint CC, etc. We offered our photo album and she said to choose 4 pictures.  She then moved on to how we met, how we progressed, and how our families felt about each other.  We found out we were missing actual photos of passport style photos(our lawyer sent paper copies), she told us that she will give us a comeback pass to go and get them and bring them back so she could approve us that day(instead of an RFE) and we did!  Later that night, status changed to "New card is being produced". Sorry if story was scattered but that was our experience.  It is important to notate that I have been freaking out with fear ever since we got the date of the interview. All the "what ifs" went through my mind and I had to seriously pray for God's peace.  Which he delivered to me.  He came through(as he always does) so have faith<3 .  Good luck to everyone waiting, keep the faith and God bless!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
On 9/11/2019 at 6:15 PM, AJHBs said:

I opened a joint bank account with my USC wife without SSN at Bank of America without a problem. I am on an L1 visa at the moment. I had to wait for my SSN to apply for a credit card though but I could be added as an authorized user my wife's in the meantime.

For our story, look at my profile.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We had our AOS interview 11/7. received notification of approval 11/10, but dated 11/8.

interview was at 8, we were there at 7 30 and first ones in, didnt have interview until shortly after 9 (this was concerning since i had a 10:30 hair appointment LMAO) 😕

questions... pretty easy/standard. basically verifying info on the forms submitted. Asked paul some of my family members names and info about my kids (some he knew, some he didnt lol). asked me his parents names and kids birthdays (aside from month i didnt know- they are grown lol). My financial situation has changed, she did not want updated affidavit of support (i did have updated version), but did take hubbys pay stubs and employment verification letter. She did ask about pauls criminal background (bar fight 20 some years ago and DUI in 2016- assault charge was expunged and DUI resolved that same year while he was still in canada). The only other thing she wanted was relationship evidence (photos, joint car insurance, wills and power of attorney, few misc small items) and the sealed packet from his physical. interview took probably 30 minutes. for the record we have separate bank account and most likely will continue to do so for some time. They did not have a problem with this. Plenty of other evidence to be had.

As far as what we took - EVERYTHING. every original document (birth certificates, death/divorce/marriage certs), criminal background checks, everything submitted in the original packet we took the original forms for. took our wedding album, which she looked through. she laughed when paul said she could keep it and i said no she can not - that it was expensive! LOL I did let her keep all the other photos we provided (most of which were just printed a few to a page on printer paper) . Asked why 2 weddings (we married on 12/24 legally in our home, but since originally we had filed for k1, we also had wedding plans for this past july- so we had that wedding too since that was the one with all our friends and family). she asked for none of the other info (10 pound accordion file LMAO) I had with us aside from any new relationship evidence (i think the car insurance was new since we filed (maybe, i dont recall), and paystubs)

WE ARE DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!!! 😁

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

• 3 months later...
Timeline

I received NOA 1 on January 27 but still waiting for biometrics appointment letter. I see it usually comes within a couple of weeks after NOA 1 so getting a little worried. Has anyone had to wait longer for theirs with Norfolk office? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!!

Just found this topic about Norfolk filers.

Currently waiting for my interview to be scheduled. Can you share how long did it take to go from “ready to be scheduled” to “interview scheduled”?

Here’s my timeline (AoS Marriage based - USC petitioner)

Priority date: Aug 05 2019

Fingerprints: Sept 05 2019

RFE: Sept 30 2019

USCIS received RFE: Oct 11 2019

Ready for interview: Feb 27 2020

N400

Submitted: 08/07/2023 (Online)

Receipt Notice + Biometric Reuse Notice: 08/07/2023

ROC

Submitted: 08/08/2022 (Phoenix Lockbox)

Received by USCIS (UPS Delivery): 08/09/2022

Text Message w Receipt #: 08/12/2022 (YSC)

NOA/Extension Letter: 08/18/2022

AOS

Submitted: 08/05/2019

RFE: 09/30/2019

RFE Received by USCIS: 10/11/2019

Interview: 10/22/2020

Case Approved: 11/05/2020

• 1 month later...

Any Norfolk filers in the forum had their interview cancelled due to the pandemic? Would you share your timeline?

Mine has been a little roller coaster...

Ready to schedule: Feb 27

Interview scheduled: Mar 6

Interview date: Apr 22

Interview cancelled: Apr 1

Ready to schedule: Apr 2

Interview was scheduled: Apr 6

New interview date: May 15

Interview cancelled and notice ordered: Apr 15

Ready to schedule: TODAY, Apr 16

N400

Submitted: 08/07/2023 (Online)

Receipt Notice + Biometric Reuse Notice: 08/07/2023

ROC

Submitted: 08/08/2022 (Phoenix Lockbox)

Received by USCIS (UPS Delivery): 08/09/2022

Text Message w Receipt #: 08/12/2022 (YSC)

NOA/Extension Letter: 08/18/2022

AOS

Submitted: 08/05/2019

RFE: 09/30/2019

RFE Received by USCIS: 10/11/2019

Interview: 10/22/2020

Case Approved: 11/05/2020

Timeline

My biometrics appointment was scheduled for March 25th, the office closed March 18th, haven't heard anything since then.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 4/16/2020 at 11:49 AM, stephbd said:

Any Norfolk filers in the forum had their interview cancelled due to the pandemic? Would you share your timeline?

Mine has been a little roller coaster...

Ready to schedule: Feb 27

Interview scheduled: Mar 6

Interview date: Apr 22

Interview cancelled: Apr 1

Ready to schedule: Apr 2

Interview was scheduled: Apr 6

New interview date: May 15

Interview cancelled and notice ordered: Apr 15

Ready to schedule: TODAY, Apr 16

Seen more and more cases approved without interviews, maybe you will see an updated approval status in one or two weeks. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Does anyone know if there's been movement with interviews / interviews waived for the Norfolk office? I've been sitting on "Ready to Schedule Interview" since Jan. 10, 2020.

My K1 Visa Timeline:                                                                 My AOS Timeline:

NOA1 - June 15, 2018                                                                NOA - Nov. 8, 2019

My K1 visa interview - April 3, 2019 = APPROVED!! :D       EAD & AP approved - Feb. 6, 2020

Visa on hand - April 8, 2019                                                      EAD/AP combo card & SSN card in married name received - Feb. 13, 2020

US entry - July 31, 2019                                                             Green card interview scheduled - August 11, 2020

Our wedding day - Oct. 14, 2019 ❤️                                        Green card interview - September 10, 2020 = APPROVED! :D

Green card received - September 16, 2020

My ROC Timeline

NOA - July 14, 2022

Fingerprints Were Taken NOA - August 2, 2022

• 3 months later...
Timeline

Does anyone know if they are doing biometrics in Norfolk? I have heard a lot of ASC have reopened. I had an appointment for March 25 but they shut everything down March 18. The USCIS website says that the appointments will be automatically rescheduled but I haven't heard anything yet...I though I would be among the firsts to be rescheduled. Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.