Itssimons

Norfolk Local Office AOS Filers

137 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, AffableAndy said:

Hey - sorry, have been travelling. Our congresswoman's office told us that they could not not communicate with USCIS until 60+ days after we put in our expedite request. They also said that they were not able to file a request on my behalf under any circumstances, and that i should just go to my local office and speak to an officer there. The lady also said that i could just work as the spouse of a US citizen - I guess work is forgiven, but I have no desire to break the law, and I work at a state university that uses e-verify.

It all worked out though, because we got the card in the mail today (no help from our congresswoman)! :)

Wow.... You what's your timeline please? Did you get status update? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I posted it on anbother topic in more detail, but here you go: 

- 2/12: Our PD for I-485 and I-765.

- 5/29: Request expedite over the phone (job offer beginning August 5th).

- 6/10: No follow up for 11 days. I call again, agent says there was some kind of error.

- 6/14: I get an email around noon asking me to fax evidence. I couldn't get back to them during their office hours (I wasn't home, this was a friday), so I decide to send everything over on Monday.

-  6/17: I send them everything by 8:15 AM. No follow up. We were on a trip to MN where we are moving soon.

- 6/23: Get back home to discover an approval notice in the mail. No status change online. I797A is dated starting 6/17/19.

- 6/24: Card in the mailbox!

No updates at all through the online system, where it just says "we have received your case".

Timeline
1 hour ago, AffableAndy said:

I posted it on anbother topic in more detail, but here you go: 

- 2/12: Our PD for I-485 and I-765.

- 5/29: Request expedite over the phone (job offer beginning August 5th).

- 6/10: No follow up for 11 days. I call again, agent says there was some kind of error.

- 6/14: I get an email around noon asking me to fax evidence. I couldn't get back to them during their office hours (I wasn't home, this was a friday), so I decide to send everything over on Monday.

-  6/17: I send them everything by 8:15 AM. No follow up. We were on a trip to MN where we are moving soon.

- 6/23: Get back home to discover an approval notice in the mail. No status change online. I797A is dated starting 6/17/19.

- 6/24: Card in the mailbox!

No updates at all through the online system, where it just says "we have received your case".

Congratulations! 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

I'm in a bit of a pickle now! Just got an interview saying that my interview was scheduled.... but I'm due to move on August 1st.

Going to call USCIS first thing on Monday! Glad to see them take action on my case, but as with all things immigration, life is complicated!

Timeline
7 hours ago, AffableAndy said:

I'm in a bit of a pickle now! Just got an interview saying that my interview was scheduled.... but I'm due to move on August 1st.

Going to call USCIS first thing on Monday! Glad to see them take action on my case, but as with all things immigration, life is complicated!

When and what is the date for your interview? 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Ninta said:

Hi all, I will have my interview on august 22, 2019.My status has been change since july 17 and i recieved the letter on july 22, 2019.

Hi, please what's your timeline? And Norfolk is your place of interview? 

8 hours ago, Jacobson said:

Hi, please what's your timeline? And Norfolk is your place of interview? 

AOS K1 Fiance visa

NOA 1 Feb 14, 2019

Biometric March 7, 2019

Ready to be schedule f interview  March 13, 2019

EAD /AP approved April 25, 2019

EAD /AP  card received May 1, 2019

Interview was schedule July  17, 2019

Interview August 22, 2019 at norfolk uscis 

Timeline

Just got the letter this afternoon - interview scheduled for August 26th at 11 AM (PD: 2/12/19). However, we are moving out of state on Monday, so this complicates matters.

Waiting for a call back from USCIS to see if we can fly back to attend this interview or if our case is going to have to be moved to the Minneapolis office. Changing our move date isn’t an option as my partner and I both start new jobs in MN on August 5th.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Sorry for the double post - but the address change worked out quite well. The officer told us to send a packet of information to the Norfolk field office, which we did. The interview was cancelled and our address was changed without much fuss. Enjoying MN but I miss my in-laws quite a bit!

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 7:48 AM, Ninta said:

Hi all, I will have my interview on august 22, 2019.My status has been change since july 17 and i recieved the letter on july 22, 2019.

Hey! How did your interview go? My husband and I just got our “scheduled for an interview” at the Norfolk Location! Excited but nervous!

4 hours ago, Dorian93 said:

Hey! How did your interview go? My husband and I just got our “scheduled for an interview” at the Norfolk Location! Excited but nervous!

Hi , the interview when well. It took 45 minutes and the officer [He] approved my GC and said no additional docs need. I received my green card 6 days after the interview.

He asked :Yes /No questions form I 485 , your spouse parents name, when and where do you get marry, how do you meet, when do you engaged, who attend the wedding, what do you have in common with your spouse, what are your parents response when you get marry, have you been to us before, when is your spouse birthday. Lots of detail questions.

At the end I gave him our docs such as bank statement joint acc, car ,health insuramce and gym membership stated me as spouse.

Thats all.

18 minutes ago, Ninta said:

Hi , the interview when well. It took 45 minutes and the officer [He] approved my GC and said no additional docs need. I received my green card 6 days after the interview.

He asked :Yes /No questions form I 485 , your spouse parents name, when and where do you get marry, how do you meet, when do you engaged, who attend the wedding, what do you have in common with your spouse, what are your parents response when you get marry, have you been to us before, when is your spouse birthday. Lots of detail questions.

At the end I gave him our docs such as bank statement joint acc, car ,health insuramce and gym membership stated me as spouse.

Thats all.

Congratulations! We have to have a nice outcome as well!:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.