Itssimons

Norfolk Local Office AOS Filers

137 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 3/22/2019 at 8:12 PM, AffableAndy said:

I'm going to have my interview at Norfolk, though probably not very soon. I just wanted to ask about how far in advance you got a notice for your interview, and if there was any trouble with finding a doctor in the area. I'm also wondering what the medical exam cost - I'd be happy to discuss it over PM if that's more comfortable. Thanks!

All the best for those with upcoming interviews. :)

I received my notice about 5 weeks in advance - so plenty of time to prepare ;) I am not sure about the medical costs but mine won't be expire before the Green card interview so I won't do another exam!

Timeline
On 3/24/2019 at 12:01 AM, Ermin&Zijada said:

Hi, we had our interview last month. We got the notice about 5 weeks before the interview date. We are from Richmond and had plenty of options to choose from in terms of doctors. The medical exam was between 200-300 dollars (cannot remember exactly). 

Maybe you can tell us a little about your interview? What did they ask? What proof did you bring etc :)

3 minutes ago, Bianca89 said:

Maybe you can tell us a little about your interview? What did they ask? What proof did you bring etc :)

Honestly our interview was rough. The woman was very serious and meant business. She did not ask anything about our relationship. I had handed her some proof (vet bills, concert tickets,etc.) She asked my husband what our dogs name is which he of course knew. And she asked when did we go to ny (for the concert) but he did not have that date memorized nor did she specify which ny trip she meant since we had been twice. I had attempted to answer for him, but she strictly told me not to tell him answers and I apologized and explained that we had been multiple times and that he did not know which time she was referring to. She then asked basic questions like where I was born and the date of my birthday. She told us at the end we were approved. I would reccommend knowing the information about all the documents you are bringing. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 4/1/2019 at 1:10 PM, j.valente said:

Thanks for the info. Looks like you are one month ahead of me - please let us all know when you get your interview notification. I'd think you will receive it some time in mid-May.

When I did my biometrics, there was barely anyone there, how strange.

I hope I receive it soon, but who knows what’s on their mind 🤷‍♀️

Will keep you informed on any updates 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 4/23/2019 at 4:58 PM, j.valente said:

How is everyone doing - any updates? @Bianca89, how did the interview go?

Hey guys,

our interview went really well. Unfortunately, we had to wait for about an hour in the waiting room. As soon as it was our turn the officer went through all the YES/NO questions on the application. After that, he asked us how we meet and if I brought any proof for our relationship. We showed him a bunch of pics + our car insurance, joint bank accounts, etc, etc. After that, he gave us a document which said that he recommended us for approval. We haven't gotten any status update yet tho - I am a little concerned right now (even though everything went so well & he was so nice to us). How long did it take you guys to get a notification?

1 hour ago, Bianca89 said:

Hey guys,

our interview went really well. Unfortunately, we had to wait for about an hour in the waiting room. As soon as it was our turn the officer went through all the YES/NO questions on the application. After that, he asked us how we meet and if I brought any proof for our relationship. We showed him a bunch of pics + our car insurance, joint bank accounts, etc, etc. After that, he gave us a document which said that he recommended us for approval. We haven't gotten any status update yet tho - I am a little concerned right now (even though everything went so well & he was so nice to us). How long did it take you guys to get a notification?

I haven't had the interview yet, so can't comment, but I've seen people wait as long as 2 weeks for the notification. Note that the system was also down a couple of days ago, so maybe it just didn't update.

Now we're waiting for Alisa to get her interview notice. Based on what I have seen in the Norfolk timelines, I'd expect it to come through in the next 2-3 weeks. Let us know!

Timeline

@Bianca89 congrats on your green card! Now you can forget about USCIS for 2 years :)

@j.valente my status is still “Fingerprint Review Was Completed”, looks like my case is still in Missouri ( or they just haven’t updated it in online system. What’s yours saying?

20 hours ago, Alisa_ said:

@Bianca89 congrats on your green card! Now you can forget about USCIS for 2 years :)

@j.valente my status is still “Fingerprint Review Was Completed”, looks like my case is still in Missouri ( or they just haven’t updated it in online system. What’s yours saying?

Mine is saying "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" and it's been like this since mid-December, i.e. since I completed by biometrics. I think yours just hasn't updated on the system.

Based on other Norfolk timelines, I see that people get their interview notices anywhere between 6.5 - 7.5 months after filing. Not meaning to give you false hopes, but hopefully it's right around the corner. :)

Timeline

Guys ! We got our card lol the status changed after 3 days already but I just now got the notification through the case tracker app. And now it also shows it on USCIS but I didn’t get any email notification (weird!). It’s all good now ! So happy I don’t have to worry about all this stuff for 2 years now 🤪

Timeline
On 4/29/2019 at 11:34 AM, j.valente said:

Based on other Norfolk timelines, I see that people get their interview notices anywhere between 6.5 - 7.5 months after filing. Not meaning to give you false hopes, but hopefully it's right around the corner. :)

Hey you were sooo right!! 

Our interview is scheduled for June 6th, online status changed a week ago

For some reason USCIS sent the interview notice to my previous address (we moved a few  months ago), even though I did change of address online, and I got my EAD card to the new one 🤦‍♀️

Now it’s time to get all the documents and pictures  together !!

On 5/6/2019 at 1:47 PM, Alisa_ said:

Hey you were sooo right!! 

Our interview is scheduled for June 6th, online status changed a week ago

For some reason USCIS sent the interview notice to my previous address (we moved a few  months ago), even though I did change of address online, and I got my EAD card to the new one 🤦‍♀️

Now it’s time to get all the documents and pictures  together !!

This is wonderful news. Congratulations! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Ninta said:

Hi everyone,

Which month of filling currently are being interview in norfolk uscis office.

My status "case is resdy for interview" since March 13,2019.

Thank you

Have gotten your AP or EAD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.