1,939 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, Lou Camp said:

Mine updated to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled" on August 27th. Still haven't heard anything from them, but I don't think there's anything to worry about. 🙂

Personally, I would just love to have my EAD already. So close yet so far. Not working is driving me nuts. LOL

you will get it soon. we received on 10/22.  yours is coming.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello guys.. how’s is everyone doing? Hope all is well. 

So this is my AOS transition since I came in the US.

May 16, 2018: Arrived in the State of Minnesota, in the City of Saint Paul with ZIPCODE 55105. 

Waited for few days for my I-94 Form information to be available online. It is needed to get SSN(it depends, some states don’t)

June 01, 2018: SSN arrived with my maiden name.
June 05, 2018: Got Married
June 25, 2018: submitted AOS with EAD & AP
July 05, 2018: Received rejection notice, packet got returned. The reason is I filled up an old form. Resubmitted corrected packet the next day.
July 12, 2018: NOA1 for AOS EAD AP and Biometrics schedule arrived.

Service Center: NBC (National Benefits Center)
July 30, 2018: Biometrics done
July 31, 2018: Biometrics review was completed
August 06, 2018: Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview 
Nov 07, 2018: New Card is Being Produced
Nov 08, 2018: AED & AP got Approved 
Nov 09, 2018: Card Was Mailed to me
Nov 13, 2018: NOA2 for AED, AP and new SSN  (same number but in my married name) came.
Nov 14, 2018: EAD-AP Combo Card came in the mail.

Now waiting for international schedule 

To be continued...

03/30/17: I-129F sent USCIS Dallas Lockbox

04/03/17: Delivered to USCIS

04/06/17: NOA1 date, assigned to CSC

04/07/17: Received a text from USCIS

04/12/17: Received our NOA1 hardcopy via mail.

11/21/17: NOA2 Date and email received
01/11/18: NVC Received I-129F 
xx/xx/18: Case Status Ready

xx/xx/18: Embassy Received. 
xx/xx/18: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
xx/xx/18: Medical

xx/xx/18: Interview 
xx/xx/18: APPROVED!
xx/xx/18: Visa in Hand =)

xx/xx/18: CFO
xx/xx/18: Bound to my Fiance's Arms

xx/xx/18: Marriage Day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
10 hours ago, Daniel P said:

Congrats! Could you tell us, was it a RFE or a RFIE?

Thank you! It was an RFE

Edited by mcgee201

9/1/2015: Met at London Uni

10/18/2015: Started dating :)

6/24/2017: Got engaged!

7/14/2017: Sent i-129F

7/17/2017: NOA1

1/26/2018: NOA2

1/30/2018: Notified of NOA2 on website

2/2/2018: Received NOA2 in the mail

2/6/2018: NVC Recieved

2/6/2018: NVC Case # Assigned

2/9/2018: NVC left for Mumbai Consulate

2/12/2018: Mumbai Consulate Received Case

3/29/2018: Medical in Mumbai

4/3/2018: OFC Appointment (Biometrics)

4/6/2018: Interview: APPROVED

4/13/2018: Visa Status: "Issued"

4/16/2018: POE

6/15/2018: Wedding

7/9/2018: Sent in AP, EAD and AOS

7/16/2018: Fingerprint Recieved

7/17/2018: NOA1

8/1/2018: RFE

9/4/2018: USCIS Recieved RFE

9/13/2018: Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/15/2018: New Card Is Being Produced (EAD)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 hours ago, Lisa & Jorge said:

Hey guys, 

i havent been on here for MONTHS, im a July I-485 filer, no time to read three as I’m working full time , have a toddler, and I’m pregnant with twins. 

I need some peace of mind . I received my update August 13th that our interview is ready to be scheduled and they’d send a letter..... I’m still waiting 3 months later. My sister got hers 2 weeks after her update.... ( she filed I-485 May 2018) 

am I missing something here? 

Obv USCIS customer service reps don’t know anything, my husband doesn’t speak fluent English, they won’t talk to me, they just tell him that the update says they WILL send the interview notice and it’s not time specific and our case is still within normal processing time. Our twins our due January - February and I’m kinda stressing out from everything .

Is is there anything we can do ?

please and thank you 🙏🏼 

Ps: We did just get work permit for him end of October.  

Okay- for clarification, there are typically two statuses in regards to interviews 1) "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" or 2) "interview is scheduled?"
those are two very different things.

The first one means NBC is done with your case- they see no need for RFEs and case will go to your local office. How quickly your local office gives you an interview depends on their backlog which can be days to a year.

So if this is the case for you, then you are FINE. They're not sending you anything yet. Your sister (if you guys have the same local office) is lucky. 

The second status actually means that your local office has scheduled your interview.

If this applies to you, then yes- there's a problem. Because you should get the notice in roughly 2 weeks or less from when you got the notification.

However, based on what you said, am more likely to lean to the first one.
take a deep breath. Take care of yourself and your local office will get to you eventually. 
congrats on the upcoming baby!

Edited by emekus94

Timeline
15 hours ago, MKM said:

Hello everyone, 

Please help! 

I got a notification today that says USCIS ordered a new card under my EAD application but AP status still the same "Application Received". 

Am I going to get my AP card/approved later or it will come together? I really want my AP approved. 

Thank you, guys. 

11 hours ago, Gn&Ln said:

I got same notifications last week but I received my card after 5days as combo ead/ap, nothing to worry ☺️ congrats!

Gn&Ln is correct

IF you mailed EAD/AP at the same time and none of them were rejected, then you get a combo card.

AP from my understanding, will most likely not update.

Congratulations on the EAD/AP approval!! 

Today it hit home. We are so ready to get his EAD and move forward to Indiana. I'm burnt out at work and this constantly weighs on us. I hope we get good news soon.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jaquelly said:

Today it hit home. We are so ready to get his EAD and move forward to Indiana. I'm burnt out at work and this constantly weighs on us. I hope we get good news soon.

When are you and Andy moving?
and is your move DEPENDENT on when you get EAD??

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
5 hours ago, mcgee201 said:

Thank you! It was an RFE

Ok, thanks. For what I read, it seems that EAD/AP processing time doesn't get as affected by and RFE than it can by a RFIE, at least in some cases. I got a RFIE a while ago, so we'll see.

4 hours ago, emekus94 said:

Gn&Ln is correct

IF you mailed EAD/AP at the same time and none of them were rejected, then you get a combo card.

AP from my understanding, will most likely not update.

Congratulations on the EAD/AP approval!! 

Thank you guys for the help. This morning, the status changed to approved. Hopefully, the card will be here next week. 

47 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

When are you and Andy moving?
and is your move DEPENDENT on when you get EAD??

March. We would have moved sooner, but we just bought concert tickets. We had hoped to move in February, so we still have time, but we're getting uneasy. There's a difference between having it and knowing we can move and moving while we wait. You know?

3 hours ago, Jaquelly said:

Please stay strong! I feel ya. My husband is the sole breadwinner right now and we just have enough every month for everything. I feel so bad coz if I was working and contributing even if it was just an hourly part time, our finances would be waaay better but I’m thankful he is so understanding. It’s a test of marriage indeed and I know we will all come out stronger. Hats off to you for being so patient with your hubby, too. 😊 Hope we all get good news soon. I’ve actually given up on checking online and the USCIS website just locked me out last night coz I’ve had too many log ins. 😭😭😂😂

22 hours ago, Lisa & Jorge said:

I received my update August 13th that our interview is ready to be scheduled and they’d send a letter..... I’m still waiting 3 months later. 

A lot of us here have the same update. Just means they don’t need any more documents from you and there’s just a lot of people ahead of you who have their interviews to be scheduled too. Some take weeks of waiting, others take months. There’s no telling coz it all depends on how busy your office is. Hang in there! 😊

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jaquelly said:

March. We would have moved sooner, but we just bought concert tickets. We had hoped to move in February, so we still have time, but we're getting uneasy. There's a difference between having it and knowing we can move and moving while we wait. You know?

I know.
Well I have every confidence that we hopefully jump off this waiting wagon by month end.
hang in there with me!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I randomly decided to check my case status online yesterday... And there I spotted my EAD and AP had been approved that same day! I hadn't received any notification at all  yesterday (and still haven't) via text or email. Regardless, I'm glad to have spotted it so coincidentally! So now I anticipate receiving my card(s) at some point in the next two weeks, with the expectation that Thanksgiving will slow down the processing and delivery. All in all it took 121 days from receipt to approval. Fingers crossed for everyone else waiting for their approval! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica said:

I randomly decided to check my case status online yesterday... And there I spotted my EAD and AP had been approved that same day! I hadn't received any notification at all  yesterday (and still haven't) via text or email. Regardless, I'm glad to have spotted it so coincidentally! So now I anticipate receiving my card(s) at some point in the next two weeks, with the expectation that Thanksgiving will slow down the processing and delivery. All in all it took 121 days from receipt to approval. Fingers crossed for everyone else waiting for their approval! 

Yay!!! So happy for you! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.