1,939 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
3 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

U probably have a 3-5 month wait at like the highest-- which is not bad at all
Look at my place Houston---
LAWWWWWWWDDDDDDDDDD- I need a miracle :rofl:
Cuz I am hearing early mid 2017 (May onward) folks are still waiting

I am in South Florida so I suspect my wait is just as long.  I guess we should be thankful that our significant other is here with us during this wait, unlike the k1 wait.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 minutes ago, DPP123 said:

I am in South Florida so I suspect my wait is just as long.  I guess we should be thankful that our significant other is here with us during this wait, unlike the k1 wait.  

Girl I honestly don't care about that GC at the moment.
It will come when it comes- if it comes after 2 years, even better. I don't have to deal with ROC

I just want the EAD!!! So we can get busy and out the house.
SO am hoping NBC picks up the pace a bit 😄

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, DPP123 said:

Hubby finally received his SSN.  Now I can finally get him on my health insurance :)  

Be careful, some health insurance's have a 30-60 day period after marriage to add your SO to the policy, or you have to wait until open enrollment. Learned that the hard way lol. 

Edited by John and Janay

Timeline
2 minutes ago, John and Janay said:

Be careful, some health insurance's have a 30-60 day period after marriage to add your SO to the policy, or you have to wait until open enrollment. Learned that the hard way lol. 

I did freak out for a minute cause someone else mentioned that.  But my agency is 60 days so luckily we have time.  Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 minutes ago, DPP123 said:

I did freak out for a minute cause someone else mentioned that.  But my agency is 60 days so luckily we have time.  Thanks!

Good! Ours was 30, of which I found out on day 32 lol. A day late and a dollor short seems to be my trend on information these days lol. 

So now my new hobby is stocking up on first aid kits, and covering our home in Lysol lol. Germ free environment until open enrollment :D

Timeline
1 hour ago, John and Janay said:

Good! Ours was 30, of which I found out on day 32 lol. A day late and a dollor short seems to be my trend on information these days lol. 

So now my new hobby is stocking up on first aid kits, and covering our home in Lysol lol. Germ free environment until open enrollment :D

LOL... my husband got travelers insurance before coming here.  So luckily it will expire by the time he is enrolled on mine.  We are also trying for a baby so the sooner the better (we are no spring chickens)  LOL  

Timeline
10 minutes ago, DPP123 said:

@emekus94 let's move to Charlotte, NC  lol  

OH MY GOSHHHHHHH
I was about to tell you the sameeee
Actually, we have CHOICES! lol
Helena, MT is also doing pretty good so....

Timeline

But on a deep level @DPP123- I honestly think USCIS needs to change their policies.
At least give people a CHANCE to go elsewhere for their interviews.

Am looking at my July folks with interviews already (love y'all) and see people from Early 2017 waiting at these busy cities and am like -.-
That's just not okay. It's not people's faults that they live at big cities and it seems immigration is punishing people for their location. smh

Timeline
Just now, emekus94 said:

But on a deep level @DPP123- I honestly think USCIS needs to change their policies.
At least give people a CHANCE to go elsewhere for their interviews.

Am looking at my July folks with interviews already (love y'all) and see people from Early 2017 waiting at these busy cities and am like -.-
That's just not okay. It's not people's faults that they live at big cities and it seems immigration is punishing people for their location. smh

I agree.  I mean if they gave me a choice, I would fly myself and my husband to the field office where our case can be adjudicated quickly.  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, DPP123 said:

I agree.  I mean if they gave me a choice, I would fly myself and my husband to the field office where our case can be adjudicated quickly.  

Not even
Because I mean it sounds like NBC does all the work--- and then the local office just reviews it over and gives an interview

If that's the case, keep everybody at NBC
When it's your turn, be like "yo peeps, next open slot is in MT, NC, or NY. Would you prefer any of those or would you want to wait for local office that's in 20 months"
Because I don't see the value of a local office in AOS. Seriously

if that's complicated- a simplified process is -

Give people the office that's less busy in their state! Like Florida has like 6 offices and most of y'all are in the busy one.
Meanwhile, the slow one is just sitting there. That to me a complete WASTE of resources.

Am sure with a month;s notice, anybody can make proper arrangements to fly/drive to their interview. I don't see why my zipcode has to do with anything. smh
#EnoughRant#

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.