1,939 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just now, DPP123 said:

My anxiety couldn't handle informed delivery.  Very happy it's not available in my area.  LMFAO  

Bahahhaha
SAMEEEEEEE. It's actually in my area...
People are shocked I still don't have it. I recommend it for those that are all about that life but me? Yea no
Not trying to die whilst am young. :rofl: I get SO much mail everyday I simply cannot deal!

2 minutes ago, DPP123 said:

Try not to worry.  Maybe its biometric appointment.  

1 minute ago, emekus94 said:

Probs your biometrics
Has Andy gotten that yet?

Amazing. As soon as you both replied that, he texted me and said "Probably biometrics date?"

I am a mess. LOL. Thanks guys. As always.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

I'm a little nervous. There's a letter for my husband coming in from USCIS today in the post. I can't tell what it is. :( We already got all of our NOA1. Ugh.

8 hours ago, Kels00 said:

My application packet was delivered July 12th and still no update. The wait is killing 🤦‍♂️

well you're not alone lol.. mine send july 3 never recieve notice yet lol.. they said when i call normally 21 days ugh.. but why other just a week..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
4 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Bahahhaha
SAMEEEEEEE. It's actually in my area...
People are shocked I still don't have it. I recommend it for those that are all about that life but me? Yea no
Not trying to die whilst am young. :rofl: I get SO much mail everyday I simply cannot deal!

We have a PO box because i don't like mail coming to the house until we buy a house where we will be for a longer time.  And even the drive to the post office makes me nervous.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, DPP123 said:

We have a PO box because i don't like mail coming to the house until we buy a house where we will be for a longer time.  And even the drive to the post office makes me nervous.  

Yikes son
U are on another level! lol

Am okay with mail. I simply don't want to be reminded everyday that USCIS mail is coming or not!
I rather forget it about it until necessary. We check mail on my way back from work so I don't spend my entire day dreading whatever nonsense is waiting for me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

July 11 AOS Filler here ( sent  date ) 

CHICAGO LOCKBOX received our file July 15

USCIS CHICAGO in cash our check today July 20 

Hoping to hear something from them today and NOA1 next week.... ( really need combo card to apply driver license in Michigan ) 😐

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Perfect two 💑 said:

There's been many questions about it on the forum
Search on VJ and u will see people talking about it.

Bottom line:

1) It doesn't take effect until September 2018 so it doesn't impact you right now (but we have ROC and Naturalization later)

2) It really is meant to stop people that just apply for things to keep a place in line and THEN get an RFE to complete their application later.

I mean you see people all the time for ex: Apply for Fiance I-129F but leave out the statement of intent to marry or like proof of citizenship. Or worse, apply for AOS and leave out the marriage certificate! Things that are REQUIRED to apply.
So this is a way to have people be more accountable and perhaps speed up this process! 

Edited by emekus94

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Wow this is very scary.  I mean i know i tried my best to include everything in my packet.  I checked it ten times and probably ten more.  But what if i forgot something.  It's so scary to think that they won't even give me a chance to make it right.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, emekus94 said:

There's been many questions about it on the forum
Search on VJ and u will see people talking about it.

Bottom line:

1) It doesn't take effect until September 2018 so it doesn't impact you right now (but we have ROC and Naturalization later)

2) It really is meant to stop people that just apply for things to keep a place in line and THEN get an RFE to complete their application later.

I mean you see people all the time for ex: Apply for Fiance I-129F but leave out the statement of intent to marry or like proof of citizenship. Or worse, apply for AOS and leave out the marriage certificate! Things that are REQUIRED to apply.
So this is a way to have people be more accountable and perhaps speed up this process! 

How about when we already attached the documents but they are the one who misplaced it? 

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

Marriage Certificate

Timeline
1 hour ago, DPP123 said:

Wow this is very scary.  I mean i know i tried my best to include everything in my packet.  I checked it ten times and probably ten more.  But what if i forgot something.  It's so scary to think that they won't even give me a chance to make it right.  

After this instead of triple check, might need to check more than that to ensure everything is right. Pray so hard not leave anything needed. 

1 hour ago, lorie L. said:

Yes i read this one.. makes me worried..

It make me worry too. Hopefully everything is fine

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

Marriage Certificate

Timeline
1 hour ago, lorie L. said:

Yes i read this one.. makes me worried..

1 hour ago, DPP123 said:

25 minutes ago, Perfect two 💑 said:

How about when we already attached the documents but they are the one who misplaced it? 

I mean this is part of the debate right?
It seems they want to eliminate people forgetting INITIAL evidence.
There's a difference between someone not putting in a marriage certificate or an I-864 affidavit for an AOS application (something written in instructions as NEEDED) and someone turning in a flight receipt thinking that is enough as evidence of meeting in person but they need MORE evidence.

I don't think this will stop RFEs entirely. This is to stop people from submitting applications that are not complete. 
But USCIS will still issue RFEs for things that are not enough-- but were present during original application. 

6 hours ago, emekus94 said:

:rofl:
I told my husband we moved to Houston at the ABSOLUTE worst time!
I will totally be happy to live in Utah for a year just to get this over with

Lucky im in utah then 😂😂 I didnt realise the SLC office moves quickly 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.