dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2018

2,281 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, MartinyMi said:

Congratulations! I have a question about the "scan date". I just called NVC and spoke to a rep (option 3) for checking if my docs were received. He verified they received them on 7/16. I asked for the scan date. He said they scan documents in as soon as rhey receive them whether or not the DS260 is complète. He said they will not begin to review the documents and the case until DS260 is complete, but that the documents are scanned in when received. Is this true in your experience with the scan date or what is correct here? They may tell me a different story when I call again tomorrow...

This is correct. Scan date is rcv date of nvc

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, MartinyMi said:

Congratulations! I have a question about the "scan date". I just called NVC and spoke to a rep (option 3) for checking if my docs were received. He verified they received them on 7/16. I

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
2 hours ago, Murren1M2 said:

Is there anyone that can't login to the DS- 260?

It seems like the website is undergoing maintenance. I’ve been trying to log in for a while too but it’s down.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Sweetamooni said:

It seems like the website is undergoing maintenance. I’ve been trying to log in for a while too but it’s down.

Website is down for maintenance  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

This is our short story to update everyone on NVC timing for PIVOT case.

Case Number was obtained within 3.5 weeks (I know, this is super quick and I saw, that in some cases it takes twice longer)
Payments took 2.5 business days
NVC checked our documents within 7 business days
And then we got a checklist for blurry pdf, re-submission of this document took us 2 days (it was travelling time and no scanners around)
And I start thinking that it will take 3 weeks for second review, but it took only a week (6 business days)!

In total, guys, NVC stage took 35 working days for our PIVOT case to get Case Complete :D.

And it could take 8 days less without checklist!

I want to wish luck everyone, and for those who got some documents rejected and a request to resubmit, it probably can go quicker than you think!

Edited by olga.kramer

5 minutes ago, olga.kramer said:

This is our short story to update everyone on NVC timing for PIVOT case.

Case Number was obtained within 3.5 weeks (I know, this is super quick and I saw, that in some cases it takes twice longer)
Payments took 2.5 business days
NVC checked our documents within 7 business days
And then we got a checklist for blurry pdf, re-submission of this document took us 2 days (it was travelling time and no scanners around)
And I start thinking that it will take 3 weeks for second review, but it took only a week (6 business days)!

In total, guys, NVC stage took 35 working days for our PIVOT case to get Case Complete :D.

And it could take 8 days less without checklist!

I want to wish luck everyone, and for those who got some documents rejected and a request to resubmit, it probably can go quicker than you think!

Congratulations!.. did you keep calling the NVC to get your case number? 

I have a question! It is must that we have joint sponsor, but the our joint sponsor is not done putting all the documents together for us to send to nvc. Can we send the iv and aos documents to nvc without the joint sponsor,s one but go to the interview along with the joint sponsors documents?. Is there a likelihood that we get a checklist if the joint sponsors documents are not added and sent to nvc now?.

1 minute ago, Bashnapa1 said:

I have a question! It is must that we have joint sponsor, but the our joint sponsor is not done putting all the documents together for us to send to nvc. Can we send the iv and aos documents to nvc without the joint sponsor,s one but go to the interview along with the joint sponsors documents?. Is there a likelihood that we get a checklist if the joint sponsors documents are not added and sent to nvc now?.

I'm pretty sure you have to send the joint sponsors I-864 to the NVC as we have been told by our attorney we have to. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Tristan1978 said:

Congratulations!.. did you keep calling the NVC to get your case number? 

I called them only 3 times during 3.5 weeks and then a miracle happened!

I tend to connect it with rather straightforward case we have: no kids, first marriage, not so many papers. Though, this is not the first Russian case that is so speedy after Russia moved to PIVOT.

I called them only 3 times during 3.5 weeks and then a miracle happened!

I tend to connect it with rather straightforward case we have: no kids, first marriage, not so many papers. Though, this is not the first Russian case that is so speedy after Russia moved to PIVOT.

UK is also PIVOT now,  so I'm hoping for a speedy 35 working days to CC like your case.

It's been 18 months since we originally filed our I-130 so I think we're due some good luck! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sweetamooni said:

I thought they just hated me but yes CEAC is frustratingly undergoing something. Their system kept kicking me off and logging me out over and over again on Wed afternoon, evening and Thursday early am hours. I had to sign and reenter ending info 3 times before it finally accepted it (this was not a user error either).What should have taken 3 hours took 14 because of this! Then, though the DS260 was complete with confirmation printed at 5 am, by 11:45 pm the rep said it was not showing up as complete in their system. The reason he gave : "Our system is kinda slow." Yeah.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Tristan1978 said:

UK is also PIVOT now,  so I'm hoping for a speedy 35 working days to CC like your case.

It's been 18 months since we originally filed our I-130 so I think we're due some good luck! 

Omg, for sure!
You deserve quick 20 days and super quick interview! You are heroes to keep strong though 18 months!

Anyway, NVC is easier than USCIS and they give deadlines and in most cases stick to it! Hope, you have I-864 (or I-864ez), passport photos done according to requirements, etc. ready. If not, preparation can entertain you a little and then, when the time comes, it will definitely save your time and at cut off at least 1 working day to Case Complete!

Omg, for sure!
You deserve quick 20 days and super quick interview! You are heroes to keep strong though 18 months!

Anyway, NVC is easier than USCIS and they give deadlines and in most cases stick to it! Hope, you have I-864 (or I-864ez), passport photos done according to requirements, etc. ready. If not, preparation can entertain you a little and then, when the time comes, it will definitely save your time and at cut off at least 1 working day to Case Complete!

Believe me, all our paperwork has been ready to go for over a year now! 

I am glad we're at the NVC stage as it seemed like the USCIS stage was never ending.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bashnapa1 said:

Wait for it to avoid a checklist 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Today marks the end of our fifth week of waiting for our NVC case and invoice numbers.

While waiting for these famous numbers I have a question to which I would like to have an answer:

Me, as the petitioner, I'll be the agent by filling DS261 also I'll pay the fees. 

After having the numbers can I share these numbers with the recipient "beneficiary"  who in this case is my husband so that he can connect and complete the DS260 that he will be available to complete?

All answers based on your experiences are welcome.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.