dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2018

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Abies said:

Amen.. I pray I get it soonest. Just checked and it hasn't changed 

It will change soon. We have to call NVC for confirmation. I hope I'm not celebrating too early 🤣🤣🤣

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 minutes ago, IF-Mclean said:

It will change soon. We have to call NVC for confirmation. I hope I'm not celebrating too early 🤣🤣🤣

I pray so. Have you called NVC for confirmation?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Abies said:

I pray so. Have you called NVC for confirmation?

Not yet. I was so surprised and happy ! My spouse will do it. I will keep you posted

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, MartinyMi said:

Congratulations! I have a question about the "scan date". I just called NVC and spoke to a rep (option 3) for checking if my docs were received. He verified they received them on 7/16. I asked for the scan date. He said they scan documents in as soon as rhey receive them whether or not the DS260 is complète. He said they will not begin to review the documents and the case until DS260 is complete, but that the documents are scanned in when received. Is this true in your experience with the scan date or what is correct here? They may tell me a different story when I call again tomorrow...

When I called nvc,I was told it was received on 11/7 and scanned on 12/7.

U can call NVC again,another rep will explain better

Scanned date is when it was scanned into the system 

Finally got my case and ID numbers!!!! She said wait for the email to proceed with the next steps......is there something I could do to be pro active while waiting?? Do I have to wait, or could I start with a link someone can provide?? Excited

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

After 10 long weeks, and several supervisor conversations, I have received my case and invoice number!  Finally making some progress

2 minutes ago, CO_Tonya said:

After 10 long weeks, and several supervisor conversations, I have received my case and invoice number!  Finally making some progress

I did as well........so they told me to wait for an email for the next steps......what about you??

Timeline
Just now, wacoachrusso said:

I did as well........so they told me to wait for an email for the next steps......what about you??

I got the email, but the CEAC system is down for maintenance at the moment...so I am patiently waiting for it to come back up to review the next steps.  Are you Pivot/electronic?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
4 minutes ago, CO_Tonya said:

Ohh congrats ! Happy for you ! The struggle has been real for us too! 9 weeks and received it over the phone.. got welcome letter exactly 2 days after early in the morning by email 

Since about yesterday

The Consular Electronic Application Center – Immigrant/Diversity Visa portal is currently undergoing maintenance.

How long will they be down anyone knows?

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

Just now, CO_Tonya said:

I got the email, but the CEAC system is down for maintenance at the moment...so I am patiently waiting for it to come back up to review the next steps.  Are you Pivot/electronic?

Not sure...I literally just talked to the lady 5 minutes ago and she gave me the numbers.....then she just said to wait for the email to do next steps......can you give me the link for the website to log in?? I know it’s down...but when it comes back up I’d like to get moving. How do I know if I’m a pivot?

5 hours ago, olga.kramer said:

This is our short story to update everyone on NVC timing for PIVOT case.

Case Number was obtained within 3.5 weeks (I know, this is super quick and I saw, that in some cases it takes twice longer)
Payments took 2.5 business days
NVC checked our documents within 7 business days
And then we got a checklist for blurry pdf, re-submission of this document took us 2 days (it was travelling time and no scanners around)
And I start thinking that it will take 3 weeks for second review, but it took only a week (6 business days)!

In total, guys, NVC stage took 35 working days for our PIVOT case to get Case Complete :D.

And it could take 8 days less without checklist!

I want to wish luck everyone, and for those who got some documents rejected and a request to resubmit, it probably can go quicker than you think!

Thank you so much! Posts like these have really helped during the wait.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, MartinyMi said:

Wow and you are UK?

Yes, they transferred my case from a standard to an electronic case, and when they did that they changed my receive date from 5/7 to 7/6 because whomever transferred my case forgot to change my receive date back to the original date. 

Timeline
52 minutes ago, wacoachrusso said:

Not sure...I literally just talked to the lady 5 minutes ago and she gave me the numbers.....then she just said to wait for the email to do next steps......can you give me the link for the website to log in?? I know it’s down...but when it comes back up I’d like to get moving. How do I know if I’m a pivot?

They would tell you if you were electronic or Pivot case or not.  The lady you talked to that gave you your case number, was it on option 5?

1 minute ago, CO_Tonya said:

They would tell you if you were electronic or Pivot case or not.  The lady you talked to that gave you your case number, was it on option 5?

No...I chose option 2 to speak with agent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.