dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2018

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mr.AndMsJS said:

Hello everyone,

Today marks the end of our fifth week of waiting for our NVC case and invoice numbers.

While waiting for these famous numbers I have a question to which I would like to have an answer:

Me, as the petitioner, I'll be the agent by filling DS261 also I'll pay the fees. 

After having the numbers can I share these numbers with the recipient "beneficiary"  who in this case is my husband so that he can connect and complete the DS260 that he will be available to complete?

All answers based on your experiences are welcome.

Both of you will receive all correspondence from NVC 

1 minute ago, Mr.AndMsJS said:

Hello everyone,

Today marks the end of our fifth week of waiting for our NVC case and invoice numbers.

While waiting for these famous numbers I have a question to which I would like to have an answer:

Me, as the petitioner, I'll be the agent by filling DS261 also I'll pay the fees. 

After having the numbers can I share these numbers with the recipient "beneficiary"  who in this case is my husband so that he can connect and complete the DS260 that he will be available to complete?

Yes of course you can share the case number with your husband, he as the beneficiary can also call the NVC.... It's not like the USCIS, the NVC tend to be easier to deal with. 

2 minutes ago, Mr.AndMsJS said:

Hello everyone,

Yes, nvc will send one copy of welcome letter to the beneficiary also :) 

i am the beneficiery and i did all the form filling, agent selection and fee payments

My husband doesnt even know the ceac site link and nvc number :D 😂

Timeline
4 minutes ago, lousiaC said:

@Abies got ur cc yet?

Not yet sis. Hopefully before Tuesday.

Have you gotten your interview date yet?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Tristan1978 said:

Yes of course you can share the case number with your husband, he as the beneficiary can also call the NVC.... It's not like the USCIS, the NVC tend to be easier to deal with. 

Experiences are different. If your country is pivot, like Russia, then your comment is certainly appropriate: 3.5 weeks for the whole process as in Olga's case. If not, then I have found the opposite to be true. When all docs are submitted correctly, USCIS delivers the decision in the time they promise, at least for many of us here. NVC has not... 9 weeks or more for a case number, CEAC down for maintenance and no DS260s being allowed to be completed, etc. 

3 minutes ago, MartinyMi said:

Experiences are different. If your country is pivot, like Russia, then your comment is certainly appropriate: 3.5 weeks for the whole process as in Olga's case. If not, then I have found the opposite to be true. When all docs are submitted correctly, USCIS delivers the decision in the time they promise, at least for many of us here. NVC has not... 9 weeks or more for a case number, CEAC down for maintenance and no DS260s being allowed to be completed, etc. 

I'm talking from my own experience, I personally have found the NVC to be much easier to deal with, firstly as the beneficiary I have been able to call the NVC unlike the USCIS where they wont even talk to you. Regardless whether the NVC take 3 weeks or 9 to get your case number they are still easier to deal with IMO.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Mr.AndMsJS said:

Hello everyone,

I was the petitioner and my husband the beneficiary. We both received e-mails from NVC with the the case #’s and invoice #’s either one fo you can pay the fees And/or login.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
37 minutes ago, lousiaC said:

Yes, nvc will send one copy of welcome letter to the beneficiary also :) 

i am the beneficiery and i did all the form filling, agent selection and fee payments

My husband doesnt even know the ceac site link and nvc number :D 😂

Hahaha, my husband is the beneficiary and if I was waiting for him to fill out the DS-260 we will still be waiting 😂😂😂

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Abies said:

Not yet sis. Hopefully before Tuesday.

Have you gotten your interview date yet?

Today is not over yet, you can still get it by the end of today. I received my husband interview date email at 2:14pm Los Angeles time, 10:14pm Nigeria time

Timeline
26 minutes ago, IF-Mclean said:

Omg ! omg ! we got our CC today! ☺☺😊

I checked this morning and it showed " document requested..."

I did just now and it is written  " At NVC "

Scan date : July 12

Cc: July 20

@Abies  the next will be you!

Lemme get to check also

Edited by Abies

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, lousiaC said:

Oui, nvc enverra une copie de la lettre de bienvenue au bénéficiaire également:) 

je suis la bienfaisance et j'ai fait tout le remplissage de forme, la sélection d'agent et les paiements de frais

Mon mari ne sait même pas le lien du site ceac et le numéro  nvc:D 😂

Nice.

You pay the fees through an us bank account? 

And you are the agent

Timeline
55 minutes ago, Sugarlegetiti said:

Today is not over yet, you can still get it by the end of today. I received my husband interview date email at 2:14pm Los Angeles time, 10:14pm Nigeria time

Amen.. I pray I get it soonest. Just checked and it hasn't changed 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.