RochelleRJ

Submitting Evidence

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I need some advice so if anyone can help it would greatly be appreciated:

I am getting paperwork together to submit my Petition for my husband(IR/CR 1)

1. for Evidence of Bona Fide Relationship/Marriage...could I submit a letter from my son(22yrs old) stating that he has known about our relationship or would that be a good idea?

2. I have transcripts for our chats and we literally talk everday( 3yrs worth of chatting on WhatsApp/Facebook) those are like so many pages (4200+pgs for WhatsApp and 5900+ pgs for Facebook Messenger)

is there a certain date range I should submit cause there is no way in Davy Jones Lockerroom Im submitting all that...

Also I have added his name on my retirement benefits and renters insurance would those be okay

Help

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

the letter is fine but it wont carry much weight. what they particularly want are joint legal/financial ties. leases, back accounts, credit cards, wills, etc .... the stuff most normal married couples have.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

You can certainly have your son submit a letter, that wouldn't hurt, but letters don't typically carry a lot of weight so don't rest your case too heavily on that.

I did not send chat transcripts in my package (I had plenty of other stuff to send), but I've seen a lot of VJ'ers mention that they sent in a sampling from each month of their relationship. Definitely don't send them 5900+ pages... USCIS is slow enough as it is! :P

Retirement benefits and renters insurance is very good if you're both listed on them.

You'll want to send anything else you have too. Do you have pictures of the two of you together? Send a sampling of pictures, from the wedding day up to the present. Are your names on a joint lease or bank statement? Those are good too.

Edited by shumway88

Timeline

Thanks for replying: 

I have made a collage of pictures from 2015-2018(including the ceremony pics w/ family)

Trust me I won't be sending all those transcripts...I was thinking like 2/3 months of each year

Renters insurance has both names

Retirement I may have to call the company( I have a print out but to me it just dont look official)

My lease is in my previous name so when I change my D.L. I can change the name on my lease

Timeline

The best evidence when submitting your initial petition is things that show face time such as pics of you together at various times, boarding passes, passport stamps, etc. If you have any joint property or accounts that would be good as well. Also, you don’t have to submit 100s of pages of chat, a few from each month will do. Make sure they are show substance, not just affectionate verbiage. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
9 hours ago, debbiedoo said:

the letter is fine but it wont carry much weight. what they particularly want are joint legal/financial ties. leases, back accounts, credit cards, wills, etc .... the stuff most normal married couples have.

The letter will make you look desperate.  The list of other things above IS NOT expected from newlyweds who have not lived together in the same country yet.

Concentrate on evidence of time spent together in person, like passport stamps, boarding passes etc. and photos together over time.  EXAMPLES of how and how frequently you communicate are helpful.  Maybe example LOGS of your conversations spread over time.  Be creative in how you accomplish this but it should be real, not just something you typed up as a log.  If there are dates and times as part of your thousands of pages, delete the actual messages from the record and maybe use one month in three of the log that remains, making sure to use the first and last month.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

We just sent call logs to show calls to and from with talk times a few days for a couple of months, no charts at all.  We also included 2 affidavits, receipts, boarding passes and pictures at various places during various occasions including wedding and trips.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Those would all be great as evidence of bona fide. I probably wouldn't send ALL of your communications, since no one has time to read through all of that. Instead, print out some parts from different months and years, so they can see how long you've been talking. 

• Service Center: Nebraska Service Center
  • Consulate: Montreal, Canada
  • Marriage: 2017-05-08
  • i130 Sent: 2017-07-07
  • i130 NOA1: 2017-07-12
  • i130 NOA2: 2018-02-15
  • NVC Received: 2018-03-07
  • Case Number Received: 2018-05-10
  • Send AOS Package: 2018-05-23
  • Send IV Package: 2018-07-19
  • Case Completed at NVC: 2018-07-26
  • Interview Date: 2018-10-31 (approved!)
  • Visa in hand: 2018-11-05

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.