508 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Bimmerguy said:

Yes, i drove my car there.... 😆👌, you can enter the bulding 30’ before your intervew time.. get ready to take off a lot of stuff on your body when they do screening. Good luck to you... looking to see and hear some good new from you today.. Monday 😍👌

My belt has metal. That’s about it. I have waited a long time for this. Just praying now.

Timeline

Hello. I got a notification (e-mail and text) today from the original USCIS site that ‘New Card Is Being Produced’ on I-485. New site is not updated. 

I am very happy.

Edited by Visitor User

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

Hello. I got a notification (e-mail and text) today from the original USCIS site that ‘New Card Is Being Produced’ on I-485. New site is not updated. 

I am very happy.

Congratulations!

K1 Visa Timeline

08/25/2016 - I-129F Packet Sent
08/29/2016 - NOA 1 Received
10/04/2016 - NOA 2 Received (48 days)
10/21/2016 - NVC received packet & assigned case #
11/30/2016 - Interview - Approved!
12/08/2016 - Visa received
01/13/2017 - Arrived in US

From sending I-129F packet until arrival in US: 141 days

AOS Timeline

Spoiler

04/09/2017 - Married 
04/19/2018 - AOS packet sent (I-485, I-131, I-765)
04/25/2017 - AOS packet arrived at USCIS (per USPS)
04/28/2017 - Filing date by USCIS
05/01/2017 - NOA1s notification by email
05/22/2017 - Biometrics appointment Completed
07/13/2017 - I-485 case status changed to "We are scheduling your interview"
08/18/2017 - Contacted House representative for help with EAD
08/29/2017 - EAD & AP approved (126 days from packet receipt until approval)
09/08/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card arrived in mail (expires 08/28/2018)
03/22/2018 - EAD/AP renewal application packet sent
03/29/2018 - EAD/AP renewal application filed
04/02/2018 - EAD case status changed to "We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing"
08/06/2018 - Infopass appointment (3 weeks before EAD expiration)

10/25/2018 - USCIS scheduled interview and mailed letter

10/27/2018 - Infopass appointment #2

11/29/2018 - Interview

12/03/2018 - Case status changed to "Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed"

12/13/2018 - Case status changed to "Case was approved"

Timeline

My interview experience:

Length: About 20 minutes. 

My Lawyer had already arrived early. My petitioner (USC Mother) and I arrived about 45 minutes before interview time.

I wore my signature suit and Tie. 

I was called on time. My lawyer instructed that my mom stays in the waiting room.

IO checked my ID. I took the Oath. From the start, IO said he was a little confused because my 2001 ETA 750 Labor Certification said EWI which was clearly an error from my then attorney. My lawyer explained to the IO that I entered on a B2 Visa. IO asked for proof and I showed him my original I-94 to satisfy that requirement and this was the only document he asked for. (Entry type would not have mattered since I was grandfathered into the 245i benefit which means EWI’s are also covered). We also had the Visa # stamp as well on my mother’s expired passport. 

IO then asked us to bring my father in because for some reason he thought my father was the sponsor (he is deceased). He only asked my mother her full name.

IO seemed fairly new so we had to clear some stuff up. My lawyer actually did all the educating part to the IO.

IO was wondering why I was using 245i if I had legal entry so my lawyer told him that I Overstayed my Visa and it was necessary for me to adjust under 245i if I wanted to do the AOS

IO asked my full name, current address and DOB. We had to correct the my birth year on I-485 because it was a typographical error from USCIS. IO asked random few questions that were YES/NO and I got them all correct. He then asked for updated I-693 which I submitted to him. He then went off to check off the pages and did work on his computer. 

He gave me the standard white sheet which stated:

‘Your Case is being held for review.’ IO said this was the normal process for everyone to run background checks. I think he had to get final approval from his supervisor. 

My lawyer who has 20 years of experience partially congratulated my mother and I and thought interview went well and was confident. Next morning, I woke up to ‘New Card is being produced’ which should be the 10 years and I should be eligible for Citizenship in 4 years and 9 months.

Edited by Visitor User

Timeline

USCIS account notification shows that my PR Card was mailed out on 2/28/19 and there is no tracking # listed. The mail should go to me and not my lawyer right? EAD went to my lawyer.

When will I get it?

Timeline

My lawyer’s office received my PR card today. 

10 years validity.

Eligible for U.S Citizenship in 4 years 9 months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Last Monday march 4 our Status change to Interview has been Scheduled. Still waiting for the official letter hopefully will arrive this week. PD Dec 7, 2017 - Houston Office. Will keep you posted

Timeline
5 hours ago, CE and JR said:

Last Monday march 4 our Status change to Interview has been Scheduled. Still waiting for the official letter hopefully will arrive this week. PD Dec 7, 2017 - Houston Office. Will keep you posted

3 business days usually. 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

AoS from K1 - Houston

12/07/2017

03/04/2019 Interview was scheduled

04/08/2019 We had our Interview 20 min seems ok. Yes/No questions and few others. Didn't requested much evidence, just; Insurance (Car/House),  2018 join filling taxes, mortgage statements, marriage certificate, pictures. Requested a new medical which we handed in.

Notice of Interview results "no decision letter" hand delivered at interview

App tracker hasn't updated still saying "Interview has been scheduled"

Timeline
2 hours ago, CE and JR said:

AoS from K1 - Houston

12/07/2017

03/04/2019 Interview was scheduled

04/08/2019 We had our Interview 20 min seems ok. Yes/No questions and few others. Didn't requested much evidence, just; Insurance (Car/House),  2018 join filling taxes, mortgage statements, marriage certificate, pictures. Requested a new medical which we handed in.

Notice of Interview results "no decision letter" hand delivered at interview

App tracker hasn't updated still saying "Interview has been scheduled"

Some people got approved a week or two later.

Timeline
19 hours ago, Visitor User said:

Some people got approved a week or two later.

****Update****

Today got Status changed to Card is being produced!

Timeline
6 hours ago, CE and JR said:

****Update****

Today got Status changed to Card is being produced!

Congrats.

Edited by Visitor User

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.