1,607 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We are June 29th/July5th, and still waiting. According to old website which I am faithfully checking on a daily basis, only 1 to 3 cases of the same filing date are touched every other day or once in two days, and of those 80% result in RFEs. My fiance who is with me now has installed that USPS informed delivery app so if we were approved silently we should know. The processing rate is extremely slow and at its fastest we must give at least 4 to 5 weeks. Which brings us to 7 months. There are like 130 cases of my filing date with 'received' status which makes me think that maybe 25 to 30 per cent have been looked at so far with very few of them approved. 

Edited by HP+IC

4 hours ago, HP+IC said:

We are June 29th/July5th, and still waiting. According to old website which I am faithfully checking on a daily basis, only 1 to 3 cases of the same filing date are touched every other day or once in two days, and of those 80% result in RFEs. My fiance who is with me now has installed that USPS informed delivery app so if we were approved silently we should know. The processing rate is extremely slow and at its fastest we must give at least 4 to 5 weeks. Which brings us to 7 months. There are like 130 cases of my filing date with 'received' status which makes me think that maybe 25 to 30 per cent have been looked at so far with very few of them approved. 

More VJ'rs are finding that there is little amount of updates to the "old" site and in some cases they find that they are approved at the "new" site and not at the old site. Your mileage may vary.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

No luck with the new site as well. I do check it once a couple of days (I am subscribed to email alerts though so just in case) but it does not render any possibility for analysis. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
On 12/30/2018 at 5:43 AM, Yay said:

Is there anyone who hasn’t heard anything yet from USCIS? :( feel like I’m the last one from June filers

June 1/June 6 Nothing at either site. Called today and they are doing inquiry. Just a waiting game I guess.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
On 12/31/2018 at 10:39 PM, HP+IC said:

The apps/websites are so so so inaccurate because many peoples cases dont get updated on the new or old site. Mine has still not updated and we were approved two weeks ago. In reality i think a much higher percentage of petitions have been looked at, approved and RFE’d. Because around the time I got approved almost every person that had been approved was also a silent approval. Mine was through my lawyer ringing USCIS and I don’t think they’ve even received the letter yet. 

Edited by Biffa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 12/30/2018 at 4:43 AM, Yay said:

Is there anyone who hasn’t heard anything yet from USCIS? :( feel like I’m the last one from June filers

I haven’t. And mine is June 14th. You’re definitely not the last one. Not everyone who filed in June is on VJ forums. 

15 hours ago, Ishelle said:

I haven’t. And mine is June 14th. You’re definitely not the last one. Not everyone who filed in June is on VJ forums. 

Hello, June 14 here too!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 12/28/2018 at 8:00 PM, Shiran said:

Call standard USCIS number, select an option to check your case status, enter your case number starting with 922 for WAC, after you listen to that info, select "I have a problem with my case" that should give you live person after long wait.

Thanks so much :) 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, HP+IC said:

OMG, we are approved! 01/02, silent approval. No alerts whatsoever! Just logged into the new website and voila..... I am shocked and close to speechless. Submitted 06/29, NOA1 07/05. My fiance is visiting for New Year holidays and it is such a joy to share

Congrats! Your story is similar to us. We’ve reconciled 25 years later too! Hope to get our approval soon 🙏

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ishelle said:

Congrats! Your story is similar to us. We’ve reconciled 25 years later too! Hope to get our approval soon 🙏

We have a case that is not very simple, age gap of 17 years, multiple divorces on the USCs side, me entering the relationship while still formally married, us meeting 1 month after initial phone call (after 25 years)  and filing just 3 months after my divorce became final, to name just a few red flags. We have filed a heavily front loaded petition and frankly explained our situation in a how we met letter. Luckily we have made it through without an RFE, and I believe our approach helped alot. I sinserely hope you will get your approval soon too, we so much deserve being happily united with our loved ones after long rocky times

Timeline
8 minutes ago, HP+IC said:

We have a case that is not very simple, age gap of 17 years, multiple divorces on the USCs side, me entering the relationship while still formally married, us meeting 1 month after initial phone call (after 25 years)  and filing just 3 months after my divorce became final, to name just a few red flags. We have filed a heavily front loaded petition and frankly explained our situation in a how we met letter. Luckily we have made it through without an RFE, and I believe our approach helped alot. I sinserely hope you will get your approval soon too, we so much deserve being happily united with our loved ones after long rocky times

Wow. You have overcome a ton! Cheers to you guys! Ours is more like we fell in love when I was at high school and lost track of each other when I started college. 2 years age gap. One divorce years ago on each side.I can’t imagine my life without him and I believe this path is not for lighthearted. One really really should be fully committed and feel unyielding love for their partner to choose this path. Hope all goes smooth and fast after this point for you two 🙏

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
7 hours ago, RoyceandHyden said:

NOA2 approved 2019-01-02, received notice on new website. NOA1 June 1/June 6. Very Very Happy! 

3 hours ago, HP+IC said:

OMG, we are approved! 01/02, silent approval. No alerts whatsoever! Just logged into the new website and voila..... I am shocked and close to speechless. Submitted 06/29, NOA1 07/05. My fiance is visiting for New Year holidays and it is such a joy to share

Congrats to you both!! Feel like I would get approval very soon!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.