1,626 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
56 minutes ago, JTC11117 said:

I have everything on this list except for the stuff in packet E and the medical, DS-160, interview and CFO confirmations. 

I am very fortunate because it is possible to do most of the scheduling and printing for her, plus extra copies she needs as well. She doesn't have a computer and printer, so I made her life as easy as I possibly could. A few extra dollars in shipping to take the stress away from her having to go to an internet cafe to print documents. So for the Philippines the petitioner could print the medical registration, DS-160 after signed, interview and CFO confirmation pages from the US.

Edited by BluesDancer

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

@JTC11117 Just in case you might be interested in the system we used to bind our paperwork together, I included a screen shot for you. I bought them at Walmart in Colorado and the tabs were in the same isle in our store.

CCI_000015.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hi Guys

Do anyone have a sample of letter to send to Embassy to ask for package 3 after NVC case number? I heard there is a format for such letter that has been doing rounds to embassy's.

If so can someone please email me one. We will have to send it to our Embassy in South-Africa soon.

24 minutes ago, Vintage girl said:

Hi Guys

Do anyone have a sample of letter to send to Embassy to ask for package 3 after NVC case number? I heard there is a format for such letter that has been doing rounds to embassy's.

If so can someone please email me one. We will have to send it to our Embassy in South-Africa soon.

Is this a requirement of the Embassy in SA to "request" the P3? I could be wrong but as far as I have ever read, you wait for P3 to be sent to the bene by email (or eventually mail) or to be sent to the petitioner by email if you have not notified NVC/your embassy of your bene's email address. I have never heard of having to request it.

Have you searched your embassy's portal seeing that this may be just a requirement of SA?

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Is this a requirement of the Embassy in SA to "request" the P3? I could be wrong but as far as I have ever read, you wait for P3 to be sent to the bene by email (or eventually mail) or to the petitioner by email if you have not notified NVC/your embassy of your bene's email address. 

Have you searched your embassy's portal seeing that this may be just a requirement of SA?

Yes a few couples had the problem at the Embassy South Africa waiting for package 3. Some called and asked and they send it immediately. Some said they called as soon after the NVC case number and they received the package 3 via email.

Just now, Vintage girl said:

Yes a few couples had the problem at the Embassy South Africa waiting for package 3. Some called and asked and they send it immediately. Some said they called as soon after the NVC case number and they received the package 3 via email.

Hmmmmmm. Maybe look through your portal or the SA subforum?

Or search for other SA'ers there and ask them? 

I know you can search all of the K1 files on here and filter them by embassy provided they have filled out there profile to state which embassy they are filing through.

Again, I've never heard of this so it's most likely specific to your embassy that you are required to email your embassy to get the P3 rather than waiting for it to be sent. 

Good luck!

2 hours ago, Vintage girl said:

Hi Guys

Your lawyer will have one. Why don't you contact them.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

Your lawyer will have one. Why don't you contact them.

I thought VJ is a support group for couples who goes through the same journey, not for sarcastic comments. Well thank you Greenbaum for being so supportive and over throwing with your polite attitude and friendliness.

4 minutes ago, Vintage girl said:

I thought VJ is a support group for couples who goes through the same journey, not for sarcastic comments. Well thank you Greenbaum for being so supportive and over throwing with your polite attitude and friendliness.

It is a support group where most appreciate the feedback and show their gratitude. I was just supporting you with the recommendation that your lawyer would have that information. You did say you had a lawyer, right? I'm sorry that you misconstrued my intent. Have a nice day.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

2 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Hmmmmmm. Maybe look through your portal or the SA subforum?

Or search for other SA'ers there and ask them? 

I know you can search all of the K1 files on here and filter them by embassy provided they have filled out there profile to state which embassy they are filing through.

Again, I've never heard of this so it's most likely specific to your embassy that you are required to email your embassy to get the P3 rather than waiting for it to be sent. 

Good luck!

Here is what is stated on the SA Embassy web site. "The second stage of the fiancé(e) visa process will begin when the consulate in Johannesburg receives the approved I-129F petition from the U.S. At that time, the foreign applicant – the beneficiary – will be sent a detailed list of the supporting documents needed to apply for the visa."

It would be my recommendation to either call the embassy or two e-mail them.  There is no form letter that she needs to use just ask for the packet three instructions for the required documents is all she needs to do.

Here are other ways she can contact the embassy.

The Visa Information Service Center (VISC) is open Monday to Friday, 8:00-20:00, for telephone calls to answer questions, accept payments, and book appointments.

National: 087-550-2160
From the U.S.: +1 (703) 439-2301

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

56 minutes ago, Vintage girl said:

I have to point out that no, it is not the same journey. That is very misconstrued. Sure the process through USCIS is very similar for everyone but once your petition leaves NVC the procedure varies HUGELY from embassy to embassy. Many ppl do not understand that and if you will scroll up you will see that it is extremely common for ppl to think that each embassy follows the same procedure and then ask questions expecting easy answers which is impossible because everyone is from a different country. You are asking questions that are specific to SA therefore either research must be done about your embassy or as advised, you could ask your lawyer who is paid the big bucks to know all of the details about your particular embassy. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I have to point out that no, it is not the same journey. That is very misconstrued. Sure the process through USCIS is very similar for everyone but once your petition leaves NVC the procedure varies HUGELY from embassy to embassy. Many ppl do not understand that and if you will scroll up you will see that it is extremely common for ppl to think that each embassy follows the same procedure and then ask questions expecting easy answers which is impossible because everyone is from a different country. You are asking questions that are specific to SA therefore either research must be done about your embassy or as advised, you could ask your lawyer who is paid the big bucks to know all of the details about your particular embassy. 

the thing is we paid a INS lawyer because my Fiance and I,  both are from South-Africa but he is now a naturalized USA citizen. We were scared that doing our own thing would compromised our chance of getting approved. We knew nothing about K1 visa when we first start this process. Luckily for this great media resource to guide us through with all kinds of visa experiences. I agree not all couples goes through the same process. Every country is different. Maybe you are right. I ask questions that is not relevant to other people and maybe I should leave it up to the person who works with our case. But thank you I appreciate the effort and help.

4 minutes ago, Vintage girl said:

the thing is we paid a INS lawyer because my Fiance and I,  both are from South-Africa but he is now a naturalized USA citizen. We were scared that doing our own thing would compromised our chance of getting approved. We knew nothing about K1 visa when we first start this process. Luckily for this great media resource to guide us through with all kinds of visa experiences. I agree not all couples goes through the same process. Every country is different. Maybe you are right. I ask questions that is not relevant to other people and maybe I should leave it up to the person who works with our case. But thank you I appreciate the effort and help.

Sorry, I think you misconstrued my response too. 

I didn't say your questions were not relevant. I said you would most likely not find a simple answer here in this thread unless someone from SA could answer it....and that is, again, because every embassy's requirements are different.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello all, 

I have a question, may sound stupid but I'll take that chance.

So I just filled out the DS-160 online and got the confirmation.  Now the DS-160 is for a non-immigrant visa for a K1 filer.  When checking status on the visa application you have to look up IMMIGRANT visa status (IV) and not Non-immigrant (NIV).  Why is it that I had to fill out a non-immigrant application but have to check status under immigrant visa.

so confused 

K1 Visa         DENIED 

Service Center :    California Service  Center
Transferred?        No
Consulate :        Morocco
I-129F Sent :        2017-09-25
I-129F NOA1 :    2017-10-03
I-129F RFE(s) :    2018-04-02; 2018-05-08
RFE Reply(s) :    2018-04-25, 2018-05-22
I-129F NOA2 :    2018-06-04
NVC Received :    2018-06-21
Date Case #, IIN, 
and BIN assigned :    2018-06-21
NVC Left :        2018-07-10
Consulate Received :    2018-07-13
Packet 3 Received :    2018-07-31
Packet 3 Sent :    
Packet 4 Received :    
Interview Date :    2018-09-04    

CR1 Visa         APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!

event.png

5 minutes ago, Mayi & MiMi said:

Hello all, 

I have a question, may sound stupid but I'll take that chance.

So I just filled out the DS-160 online and got the confirmation.  Now the DS-160 is for a non-immigrant visa for a K1 filer.  When checking status on the visa application you have to look up IMMIGRANT visa status (IV) and not Non-immigrant (NIV).  Why is it that I had to fill out a non-immigrant application but have to check status under immigrant visa.

so confused 

A K1 Visa is classified as a non immigrant Visa with immigrant intent. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.