1,626 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Ben & Jela said:

Quick question @Greenbaum Since my fiance is going through the Abu Dhabi embassy I've been researching and trying to read everything I can.  Based on what I've read on VJ and a couple of Facebook groups...it looks like it's taking 2 to 4 months for the Abu Dhabi embassy to email out packet 3 (they are incredibly SLOW) and they are not accepting interviews before that, and they are actually turning people away if they try to interview before receiving their packet 3 email. 

So my question is... when exactly is a good/safe time for my fiance to request his police clearance?  He will need 2, one from India and one from Dubai.  But it's required to request the Dubai one first before he can request the Indian Police clearance.  Dubai one takes 24 to 48 hours, Indian one takes 5 to 7 days (best we can tell at least). Dubai police clearance is good for 3 months only and we don't want them to expire before use and waste that money (200 dirhams/$55usd approx for Dubai one). 

So we were thinking to wait 2 months from NOA2, which would be about 1.5 months from getting our NVC number (of course depending on if that takes 2 to 4 weeks... give or take). Does this sound reasonable? Or we've missed something? 

If anyone else has personal experience or knowledge on this,  feel free to chime in.  Thanks in advance! 

If you can get them as close to your interview say 30 days out then I think you will be fine. Are you certain 3 months validity of the Dubai PC is correct? If so then get that one also close to the interview. I wouldn't get them till after you have your case number from NVC as you still need to contend with the tardiness of the AD Embassy in sending out P3.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, BluesDancer said:

I will gladly help you all that I can.

I broke down the paperwork into smaller packets of information with quick release paper binders.

They are technically not folders, they are more like books.
Each packet is color coded, alphabetized with an index page and some also have quick access labeled tabs.

Packets A through D are for the initial filing I-129F on November 7, 2017

Packet E: are petitioners documents for June 2018.

Packet F: are beneficiaries documents for June 2018.

Packet A: Primary Documents

Cover Letter

Payment
I-129F
G-1145
Petitioner Passport Photo
Fiance Passport Photo
Petitioner Statement of Intent to Marry
Fiance Statement of Intent to Marry

Packet B: Proof of US Citizenship
Birth Certificate Front
Birth Certificate Back
Passport - All Pages

Packet C: Proof of meeting in person within two years
First Visit:

11/07/2016 to 11/19/2016
Second Visit:
09/27/2017 to 10/10/2017

Packet D: Proof of ongoing relationship 
April 9, 2016 to present

Packet E: Petitioners Documents
NOA 1 & 2: I-797C & I-797
Proof of Support: I-134 Form
I-134 Supporting Documents:
Work Letter
Bank Letter
2017 W2 2017

2017 IRS Tax Script
2017 Pay Stubs
Evidence:
Proof of ongoing relationship from December 2017 to present

Packet F: Beneficiaries documents 
Passport Photos
Passport Biopage copies

Passport Visa page copies

2018 Intent To Marry
Birth Certificate and copies

NBI and copies

CENOMAR and copies

DS-160 Confirmation page and copies

Medical Registration Page
Interview Confirmation Page and copies

CFO Confirmation Page
Pictures Together for CFO

I hope this helps. I was able to do most of the paperwork for my fiance from the US and add it to the packets.

Wow that's a lot of stuff. Is it already for the interview or did they ask you by the checklist to send it in? If I follow the instruction by the website of the German embassy, I don't have to send in even half of it. Just birth certificate, copy of passport, police record, affidavit of support. Mhm. maybe I forgot one or two things but it is really almost nothing. Or does the DS 160 day anything about sending more? (didn't start yet). @Greenbaum is it embassy specific?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Sorry for a rather silly question, but.. is CENOMAR a thing for every country or just some? I've never heard of anything like it before.. I just want to make sure I don't need to get it asap.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, LenaT said:

Sorry for a rather silly question, but.. is CENOMAR a thing for every country or just some? I've never heard of anything like it before.. I just want to make sure I don't need to get it asap.

It stands for Certificate of No Marriage from our national statistics office. Here in the Philippines it's proof that a person can marry. Maybe you have a counterpart in your country?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, LenaT said:

As far as I know CENOMAR is only for the Philippines, but I don't know if this document name requirement might exist in another country or not. I would say most likely this document name requirement is only in the Philippines.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

I think you have a very organized system. There are some things (note my notes) are not needed for this stage, either the CO has them or they will not be asked for. Great job. :thumbs:

@BluesDancer This is a great way of organizing the papers. I'm going to follow this system. Thank you very much! @Greenbaum I have everything on this list except for the stuff in packet E and the medical, DS-160, interview and CFO confirmations. Our NOA2 date is June 18 and hoping NVC sends out the papers by mid-July. I'm just wondering if it's feasible to plan for a September wedding given the timelines...? I think someone from the Philippines posted available dates for the interview somewhere in this sub-forum (can't find it now) and it looks like August was almost filled up.

Edited by JTC11117

Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

I think you have a very organized system. There are some things (note my notes) are not needed for this stage, either the CO has them or they will not be asked for. Great job. :thumbs:

@Greenbaum what does CFO stands for? 

9 minutes ago, BluesDancer said:

As far as I know CENOMAR is only for the Philippines, but I don't know if this document name requirement might exist in another country or not. I would say most likely this document name requirement is only in the Philippines.

Yes, and @BluesDancer's list of documents is that of his/her specific embassy. As Greenbaum pointed out, not all of that is required for the Phillapines so dont stress (see his post).

Keep in mind that the process after NVC is specific to your embassy. Your best bet is to research your own embassy portal on what happens after NVC for you.

It would be helpful if those stating what they have compiled is just that (specifically for their embassy) or what procedure they are following and/or state which embassy they are interviewing through. Not everyone is knowledgeable on the fact that there are different processes for each embassy. Many might be stressed out by thinking that they too need to follow the procedure you have listed when in fact they do not. 

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mike & Tanja said:

@Greenbaum what does CFO stands for? 

Hi, @Mike & Tanja it stands for Commission on Filipinos Overseas. All Filipinos going abroad as fiances, spouses, or family members of foreign nationals are required to attend their guidance and counseling program. :)

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Mike & Tanja said:

Wow that's a lot of stuff. Is it already for the interview or did they ask you by the checklist to send it in? If I follow the instruction by the website of the German embassy, I don't have to send in even half of it. Just birth certificate, copy of passport, police record, affidavit of support. Mhm. maybe I forgot one or two things but it is really almost nothing. Or does the DS 160 day anything about sending more? (didn't start yet). @Greenbaum is it embassy specific?

I am going all in and taking no chances at all and sending all the paperwork needed or not. To me most of the paperwork that I am sending to her could possibly be of great benefit at each of the 3 scheduled required venues in the Philippines. Yes all 6 packets also include the documents for the Philippines CFO, Medical and interview. She should most likely be setup to the max to answer any question that should possibly arise.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, BluesDancer said:

I am going all in and taking no chances at all and sending all the paperwork needed or not. To me most of the paperwork that I am sending to her could possibly be of great benefit at each of the 3 scheduled required venues in the Philippines. Yes all 6 packets also include the documents for the Philippines CFO, Medical and interview. She should most likely be setup to the max to answer any question that should possibly arise.

@BluesDancer you're not coming to the interview with her?

Timeline
1 minute ago, BluesDancer said:

I see. Good plan. I overread that you send it to your fiance. I thought, you send it to the embassy. I was planning to bring e. e. proof of ongoing relationship to the interview and will definitely go ahead with this plan

Timeline
Just now, JTC11117 said:

@BluesDancer you're not coming to the interview with her?

No I am not coming to the interview with her. I made different choices for using my vacation time off when she first arrives here for a week. Another week vacation to go camping and another 2 weeks for honeymoon.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mike & Tanja said:

I see. Good plan. I overread that you send it to your fiance. I thought, you send it to the embassy. I was planning to bring e. e. proof of ongoing relationship to the interview and will definitely go ahead with this plan

For the Philippines I don't send my paperwork to the embassy, only to my fiance. As far as I know the paperwork I initially filed is sent to the embassy. I don't know Germany's requirements in order to answer your question accurately.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, JTC11117 said:

@BluesDancer This is a great way of organizing the papers. I'm going to follow this system. 

Salamat, I am happy that my organization system might be beneficial to you. Feel free to copy as much of my system as you wish.

I wanted to make it as easy for my fiance to get any document she needs in the shortest time possible.

My fiance will mostly use Packets E and F.  

Most of my paperwork as the petitioner that she may need is in Packet E

All of her paperwork as the beneficiary will be in packet F

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.