dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2018

1,677 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

My Petition arrived on May 1st to NVC it's almost 7 weeks now and nothing...I call every day know and I get the same..."it takes up to 8 weeks...blah blah" same script over and over and rude people....but today a really nice lady answer...she gave me the same script but at least she was nice. If more people like that worked answering phones for NVC it would make this process/wait feel better :) #justathought

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Kat&Damian said:

My Petition arrived on May 1st to NVC it's almost 7 weeks now and nothing...I call every day know and I get the same..."it takes up to 8 weeks...blah blah" same script over and over and rude people....but today a really nice lady answer...she gave me the same script but at least she was nice. If more people like that worked answering phones for NVC it would make this process/wait feel better :) #justathought

It would for sure make us feel better! I have also been on the phone with Immigration New Zealand quite a lot over the last year and every time when I hang up, I feel so good. They are very welcoming, friendly and overall nice so even if they can't answer me or they don't have information, I won't feel as frustrated as with NVC.

42 minutes ago, Kat&Damian said:

I am already 7 weeks 2 days. Every day got same answer. Hopefully soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

My status changed from an action is required to..at nvc and then came back to an acction is required. I sent al documents 3 days ago. I dont know if someone had a similar experience

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

How long is it taking from submitting documents Via CEAC (online) and having fees paid to having CC to Consulate? Anyone reached that stage yet?

7 minutes ago, BellaJosephine said:

How long is it taking from submitting documents Via CEAC (online) and having fees paid to having CC to Consulate? Anyone reached that stage yet?

I'm not 100% sure about the time between paying fees and being able to submit our documents into CEAC as we were a bit delayed because we were on holiday. But it took almost 2.5 weeks for CC after submitting documents to CEAC. Our CC was May 31st and we are still waiting for an interview to be scheduled. Seems like Montreal is pretty busy at the moment. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, ALittleBritish said:

I'm not 100% sure about the time between paying fees and being able to submit our documents into CEAC as we were a bit delayed because we were on holiday. But it took almost 2.5 weeks for CC after submitting documents to CEAC. Our CC was May 31st and we are still waiting for an interview to be scheduled. Seems like Montreal is pretty busy at the moment. 

I’ll be going through Montreal as well. Have you spoken to anyone at NVC in regards to when Montreal schedules interviews? I’m curious. 

4 minutes ago, C.A.R. said:

I’ll be going through Montreal as well. Have you spoken to anyone at NVC in regards to when Montreal schedules interviews? I’m curious. 

My husband called them to ask but they weren't very helpful. All they said as of Tuesday was that Montreal is still scheduling people but they have almost filled all of July's slots. So it seems they schedule at the end of the previous month and continue on into the middle of the current month for the next upcoming month (if that makes sense lol)  but I have no idea if that's typical. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, ALittleBritish said:

My husband called them to ask but they weren't very helpful. All they said as of Tuesday was that Montreal is still scheduling people but they have almost filled all of July's slots. So it seems they schedule at the end of the previous month and continue on into the middle of the current month for the next upcoming month (if that makes sense lol)  but I have no idea if that's typical. 

Good to know. I’m praying for an August interview. Hopefully you’ll hear something soon. Thanks for the reply. :) 

got cc today for my step son.

priority date aug 24, 2017

approved i130 march 30, 2108

nvc receive apri 11, 2018

pivot -

case number may 24, 2018

upload docs  may 31, 2018

cc today june 15, 2018

my wife case they need my US passport copy under aos.

i didnt upload US passport copy for my step son either but got approved.

now i am in situtation where step son interview will be scheduled and wife has to wait.

I have emailed today to expedite email address. hopefully, they can do anything faster.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.