dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2018

1,677 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
33 minutes ago, ABK said:

Usually it doesn't take 6 weeks after the case has been escalated to the supervisor. I got my case number in 4 days after it was sent to supervisor. It took almost 10 weeks to get case number. (My case is pivot)

Thanks ABK!

Edited by waitin4mylove

CR2

Step -Child

PD           10/2/17

Approval  3/23/18

NVC Received 4/12/18

Case # Received 6/11/18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
32 minutes ago, ramesesthe2nd said:

I meticulously prepared everything while I was waiting for NVC. Scanned docs exactly as they suggested. Got the exact docs they requested. Tax transcripts, etc. Yes, I do feel lucky, but a lot of work went into making sure I don't screw up anything and I don't get a checklist. 

Wow. I mean I'm happy for you but I'm also a little upset. I was also very careful uploading my documents and had everything scanned and ready before and I've been waiting 3 weeks tomorrow:(

1 hour ago, Ben & Katy said:

How long does it take for AOS payment to clear? Does it help to call NVC to get that part sped up if you have proof from your bank it cleared payment?

2 to 3 business days. Calling NVC won't make it any faster. 

Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to the 2018 Waiting Games.

Just now, Norway said:

Wow. I mean I'm happy for you but I'm also a little upset. I was also very careful uploading my documents and had everything scanned and ready before and I've been waiting 3 weeks tomorrow:(

I hear you man. NVC is a strange thing. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, ramesesthe2nd said:

I hear you man. NVC is a strange thing. 

I just feel like I've gotten super unlucky during this whole process.. First I got sent to Nebraska and that took a life and a half and they didn't get me in the system so I could never check my status online, then I got sent to NVC and waited for 9 weeks for a case number because my embassy just switched over to this "really great system that makes things go way faster"... and I'm still waiting. Going on 11 months. And I've done everything right and submitted things right away. This was not supposed to take this long! I've already missed two friends getting married in the US and I'm supposed to be the maid of honor to my best friend at the end of July and that is looking less and less like it's going to happen because of this awful process. 

Sorry just had to get out some frustration:ranting:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Norway said:

I just feel like I've gotten super unlucky during this whole process.. First I got sent to Nebraska and that took a life and a half and they didn't get me in the system so I could never check my status online, then I got sent to NVC and waited for 9 weeks for a case number because my embassy just switched over to this "really great system that makes things go way faster"... and I'm still waiting. Going on 11 months. And I've done everything right and submitted things right away. This was not supposed to take this long! I've already missed two friends getting married in the US and I'm supposed to be the maid of honor to my best friend at the end of July and that is looking less and less like it's going to happen because of this awful process. 

I totally understand, we have super similar timelines (we sent our I-130 a week after yours) and I feel the exact same. Also got stupid Nebraska, and this awful pivot process. So seeing people who applied months later getting approved before is really a bummer, as much as I want to be happy for them. :cry:

N-400 (Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/10/21: Case received

06/10/21: NOA

08/06/21: Biometrics

12/10/21: Interview scheduled

01/21/22: Interview

01/24/22: Approved!

02/17/22: Oath Ceremony!!

ROC (Service Center: National Benefit Center MSC, Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/17/20: Case received

06/30/20: NOA

07/02/21: Biometrics

01/21/22: Interview (combo with N-400)

01/24/22: Approved!

CR-1 Visa (Service Center: Nebraska - Consulate: Belgium)

Spoiler

07/31/17: I-130 Priority date

08/02/17: I-130 NOA1

02/26/18: I-130 NOA2

03/15/18: NVC Received (Pivot)

06/12/18: NVC Case complete

07/26/18: Interview, approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Norway said:

Norway, although I can not know but I have a feeling that cases at NVC are being processed by country-based case workers. It seems to me that each country has its "own" speed of processing. I may be totally wrong, though. But it would explain the differences.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, R&OC said:

Norway, although I can not know but I have a feeling that cases at NVC are being processed by country-based case workers. It seems to me that each country has its "own" speed of processing. I may be totally wrong, though. But it would explain the differences.

Yes maybe you're on to something here. However most cases here go in chronological order so I feel like if this was the case we would see a lot more differences. But maybe since they're still in the starting phases of pivot processing they're changing how things work. Who knows with NVC:bonk:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
2 hours ago, ramesesthe2nd said:

Did I just get a CC? NVC has accepted all my docs and I just received this email from NVC. There was a comment ON CEAC site to provide my W2 (because I submitted Tax Transcripts and didn't upload W2 with it). I just uploaded the W2 and my status still says accepted. 

image.thumb.png.db23225759bf96a049ea63a9e7fbefee.png

image.png.6076463548ec43531aa6e7e6236bc326.png

Im the same...we r under review then schedule interview

6 minutes ago, Fatima el orra said:

Im the same...we r under review then schedule interview

Goodluck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, ramesesthe2nd said:

Did I just get a CC? NVC has accepted all my docs and I just received this email from NVC. There was a comment ON CEAC site to provide my W2 (because I submitted Tax Transcripts and didn't upload W2 with it). I just uploaded the W2 and my status still says accepted. 

image.thumb.png.db23225759bf96a049ea63a9e7fbefee.png

image.png.6076463548ec43531aa6e7e6236bc326.png

Congrats.. it was super quick... I am so happy for you... I submitted my docs June 2nd and still waiting to hear something.... this wait is killing me.. :(

Hi, need some help guys,

28th March case sent to nvc.

rang about 6 weeks later to see what was happening, they said they received 5th April, can take up to 8 weeks so ring back then.

rang at the 8 week point, he said oh yeah should have been done. I’ll put it to the top of the supervisors pile...

rang back today as still heard nothing and she said they received it 4th June and can take up to 8 weeks!!!! 

This is becoming beyond a joke now. What can we do? 

Timeline
Just now, StephenG said:

Hi, need some help guys,

28th March case sent to nvc.

rang about 6 weeks later to see what was happening, they said they received 5th April, can take up to 8 weeks so ring back then.

rang at the 8 week point, he said oh yeah should have been done. I’ll put it to the top of the supervisors pile...

rang back today as still heard nothing and she said they received it 4th June and can take up to 8 weeks!!!! 

This is becoming beyond a joke now. What can we do? 

What country is your embassy in? It might've just switched from non pivot to pivot :( If so you might have to wait a while longer. Did they ask for DOB?

Seems like a lot of people are sad that my case got CC this quick. I shared it with the group, so we all understand that NVC can be unpredictable. I didn't expect anything this fast. Happy to be lucky on this one, but I will hold my future updates, as it apparently upsets a lot of people, all rightfully frustrated about their cases. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.