dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2018

1,677 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, kingandqueen said:

the ds-261 is actually the choice of agent which is the first one. the ds 260 is what is opened after the IV fee is cleared

Oh yeah. Sorry i got backward. Thank you for correcting me. 

Just received my case number!  It feels so good after all those long weeks of waiting.

NOA2: 3-16-18

NVC Received: 4-3-18

Received Case No: 5-30-18

Received Welcome Letter email: 6-1-18

Submitted DS-261 and paid AOS fee: 6-1-18

I hope this helps.  If you have similar dates to me, you should be receiving your case number very soon!

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
8 hours ago, TheVans said:

This is how my processing has gone so far for a non-pivot case from South Africa.

NVC received case 23 March 2018

Case # received on 18 May

Ds-261 submitted 18 May

Invoice Issued for IV Fee 29 May

Payment made for IV fee 29 May

Status of payment changed from 'in process' to 'paid' on 1 June

Ds-260 submitted 2 June

My application is exempt from AOS fee and documents. Hope this helps

TheVans, how long did it take for your case to move from USCIS to NVC?

Filed: EB-4 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
3 minutes ago, bigbobby9 said:

TheVans, how long did it take for your case to move from USCIS to NVC?

Our petition was approved 2 March 2018.

Received by NVC 23 March.

Filed: EB-4 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
11 hours ago, Raiona said:

Hi VJ folk!

We sent off our financial and civil documents to NVC on May 21 after paying all our fees and such and completing the DS-260 etc. By the way, we're not a Pivot case.

I (the petitioner) just called up the NVC today June 1st (I also emailed last night) to see if they had received our case and what the status was. (As when we look online, it says 'at NVC' which is most likely a case clear but could be a checklist).  Spoke with a kind man named Felix and he told me that our  scan date/received date was May 22nd and our case was marked complete on May 29th! So that was only 5 business days!!!

Now we're just awaiting the interview to be scheduled which would come via email. :jest:

Best advice I can give to those preparing documents is be thorough in your documentation and be extremely organized! As someone who works in bureaucracy, make it easy for the person reviewing your case by having everything organized. (I labeled everything per its proper set of documents, paper clipped items together that should be together, wrote case numbers on every page, priority mailed the documents with a tracking number for peace of mind and quick delivery).

Good luck to everyone waiting and preparing!

Hey there...

I'm specifically referring to the IV package in the following question... Did you only send the documents as described on the website or did you send anything extra? 

For example. On the DS-260 they ask about previous visas. Should I only send the copy of the Biometric page of my passport or should I add a copy of my US B2 visa?

If you sent extra documents - what did you send?

Thanks in advance. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, alialmawla11 said:

Whats so confusing is when you come here you see people with the same details yet the processing is different. Case numbers some got it in 5 weeks, 6, 8, 9 (for me) and CC some get in 5 days and some are on their 20th day and nothing which is very weird.

It's so disheartening for those of us in "limbo." We're hoping for that 5 days CC and when that does happen, we have no predictions.

Nebraska Service Centre / Frankfurt Embassy

2016/03/30 - Married!

2017/07/14 - Sent off our I-130 packet to the Chicago Lockbox (Filed from abroad)

2017/07/24 - NOA1 (sent to Nebraska)

2018/03/02 - NOA2 (Approved!)

2018/03/19 - "We sent your petition to the Department of State"

2018/03/23 - NVC received petition

2018/05/17 - Case# received and fees paid

2018/05/21 - Case# changed -- can't log in with the new one so "we've sent in a 'ticket' to get it fixed"

2018/05/22 - Scan date. Ticket worked, submitted all our paperwork until the wee hours of the morning. 

2018/06/11 - CC!!! "Documentarily Qualified"

2018/06/25 - Got interview date for July 11; but we must reschedule for August. 

2018/06/26 - Medical

2018/06/28 - New interview date received (for August 13th)

2018/08/13 - Interview in Frankfurt!!! They asked for certified translations.

2018/08/28 - Sent in translations

2018/09/06 - CEAC status changed to "ISSUED!!!"

2018/09/13 - Passport received in the mail! Everything is beautiful.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
12 hours ago, Raiona said:

Hi VJ folk!

We sent off our financial and civil documents to NVC on May 21 after paying all our fees and such and completing the DS-260 etc. By the way, we're not a Pivot case.

I (the petitioner) just called up the NVC today June 1st (I also emailed last night) to see if they had received our case and what the status was. (As when we look online, it says 'at NVC' which is most likely a case clear but could be a checklist).  Spoke with a kind man named Felix and he told me that our  scan date/received date was May 22nd and our case was marked complete on May 29th! So that was only 5 business days!!!

Now we're just awaiting the interview to be scheduled which would come via email. :jest:

Best advice I can give to those preparing documents is be thorough in your documentation and be extremely organized! As someone who works in bureaucracy, make it easy for the person reviewing your case by having everything organized. (I labeled everything per its proper set of documents, paper clipped items together that should be together, wrote case numbers on every page, priority mailed the documents with a tracking number for peace of mind and quick delivery).

Good luck to everyone waiting and preparing!

CONGRats,

we uploaded everything on May 17th, no news yet. How did yiu find out about your cc? Ours is pivot

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
11 minutes ago, jesserz said:

It's so disheartening for those of us in "limbo." We're hoping for that 5 days CC and when that does happen, we have no predictions.

Seriously, this whole Pivot thing is such a joke. Non-pivot cases with the same receive date already have interviews in July because they got their case number in half the time and CC in a matter of days. :(

N-400 (Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/10/21: Case received

06/10/21: NOA

08/06/21: Biometrics

12/10/21: Interview scheduled

01/21/22: Interview

01/24/22: Approved!

02/17/22: Oath Ceremony!!

ROC (Service Center: National Benefit Center MSC, Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/17/20: Case received

06/30/20: NOA

07/02/21: Biometrics

01/21/22: Interview (combo with N-400)

01/24/22: Approved!

CR-1 Visa (Service Center: Nebraska - Consulate: Belgium)

Spoiler

07/31/17: I-130 Priority date

08/02/17: I-130 NOA1

02/26/18: I-130 NOA2

03/15/18: NVC Received (Pivot)

06/12/18: NVC Case complete

07/26/18: Interview, approved!

Hi guys ! Does anyone have a lawyer? Did you submit AOS form together with g28 (the attorney’s form)?

also after we submit scans of AOS do we physically send it anywhere or take it to the interview ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Congratulations to every one and wishing you all the best and smooth process.

Am here to follow 

waiting for case nunber as well

Edited by nyokie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, peachouille said:

Seriously, this whole Pivot thing is such a joke. Non-pivot cases with the same receive date already have interviews in July because they got their case number in half the time and CC in a matter of days. :(

It really is! You have very similar dates to us and are also in a less crowded embassy (we're going through Frankfurt) so we're probably to expect the same timelines. It's beyond frustrating that we had all this sparkle and fanfare with the whole PIVOT thing, but it's to no real advantage.

Nebraska Service Centre / Frankfurt Embassy

2016/03/30 - Married!

2017/07/14 - Sent off our I-130 packet to the Chicago Lockbox (Filed from abroad)

2017/07/24 - NOA1 (sent to Nebraska)

2018/03/02 - NOA2 (Approved!)

2018/03/19 - "We sent your petition to the Department of State"

2018/03/23 - NVC received petition

2018/05/17 - Case# received and fees paid

2018/05/21 - Case# changed -- can't log in with the new one so "we've sent in a 'ticket' to get it fixed"

2018/05/22 - Scan date. Ticket worked, submitted all our paperwork until the wee hours of the morning. 

2018/06/11 - CC!!! "Documentarily Qualified"

2018/06/25 - Got interview date for July 11; but we must reschedule for August. 

2018/06/26 - Medical

2018/06/28 - New interview date received (for August 13th)

2018/08/13 - Interview in Frankfurt!!! They asked for certified translations.

2018/08/28 - Sent in translations

2018/09/06 - CEAC status changed to "ISSUED!!!"

2018/09/13 - Passport received in the mail! Everything is beautiful.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.