1,652 posts in this topic

I have a question regarding the Interview at USCIS:

the invite letter states what to bring as they request. So I have found 2 points that are not totally clear to me:

- All Documents establishing your eligibility for Lawful PermanentResidency status 

>>> what should that be? K1 visa in passport? approval letter for k1?

- Original and copy of each supporting document that you submitted with your application. Otherwise, we may keep your originals for our records

>>> each document that we sent in from K1 application until now? or what should that be?

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Day 151. This is crazy. Wish I knew how many other people are still waiting. Are there only 4 waiting in this group? 

Case inquiry is at 26 May. 

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, MarksMate said:

Day 151. This is crazy. Wish I knew how many other people are still waiting. Are there only 4 waiting in this group? 

Im in the same boat.  I have my AP thats it. They did update it saying its ready to schedule interview but I'm waiting on my EAD

Edited by Laura & Chris

06/01/18 : Filed for AOS, EAD, AP

06/03/18 : Package delivered by USPS

06/15/18 : Received AOS AP, AND EAD NOA1 hard copies in mail

06/15/18: Received rejection letter for AP (WILL BE RE FILING)

07/02/18 : Biometrics appointment letter in mail

07/09/18 : Biometrics:D

09/10/18 AP approval in mail

09/18/18 : Received AP card in mail 

10/23/18 : Interview ready to be scheduled 

12/03/18 : NOA EAD Approval in Mail

12/07/18 : Receive EAD Card In mail

xx/xx/18 : Interview 

xx/xx/18 : Notice of Approval on I-485 in mail

xx/xx/18 : Card received in mail. Yay!:jest:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I’m waiting. At day 158 now. 

Hopefully you all hear updates very soon.  It seems like there aren't many people left waiting, but it's a shame that people have tended to drift away from the thread as their approvals have come through.  I think we still have more journeys to share - finding jobs, integrating into society, etc

Quick update from me: My I-765 and I-131 both updated on Friday to show "Case was Approved".  I'm going to start job hunting this week and hope my card gets sent out very soon. Money has been really tight the last two months as our savings have now ran out and we only made rent this month by going overdrawn.  We'll have to do the same again come December 1st.

4 hours ago, Swissmiss82 said:

I have a question regarding the Interview at USCIS:

the invite letter states what to bring as they request. So I have found 2 points that are not totally clear to me:

- All Documents establishing your eligibility for Lawful PermanentResidency status 

>>> what should that be? K1 visa in passport? approval letter for k1?

- Original and copy of each supporting document that you submitted with your application. Otherwise, we may keep your originals for our records

>>> each document that we sent in from K1 application until now? or what should that be?

Adjusting your status means you're going from a non immigrant visa (and that qualifies, HB1, F1,B1, K123, etc) to a immigrant visa aka legal Permanent Residency (green card).

Your eligibility to adjust is based on:

1 entry with inspection (visa)

2 marriage to USC

So you have to bring EVERY SINGLE PIECE of information regarding your entry to this country through K1: 

Approval letters, passport with visa (also bring copies of passport, visa, admittance seal on passport (yes copy that page), i94.

Regarding the marriage to USC: Marriage certificate.

I'd recommend to organize everything in binders and go well prepared with everything they will need from you.

You will have to put together and evidence binder, where you will separate everything by category like you did when putting the K1/aos evidence pack, for example, proof of address, proof of  bonafide relationship, proof of admission, USCIS notices, et al. :)

Let me know how it goes :) 

Anyone still waiting for i765 (c9) from the National Benefits Center?  Day 141 for me!!!  I am a June 25 filer with fingerprint review completed July 31. 

Any help or input appreciated!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My husband reentered (JFK ) with is EAD/AP combo card, per him they just asked him why he visited Jamaica (his mom funeral) and then verified somethings in the computer, stamped his passport and sent him on his way. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi Y'all! I got my EAD approved last Wednesday.

First I had the status "New card is being produced" and one day later both the forms i765 and i131 had "case was approved" status on the website. Today I got the approval letters but no sign of the actual card. My status in the app and website continue the same: "Case was approved". How long should I take to get the actual card?

I saw that most people the card within a week, so got all excited, but now I'm worried because the status hasn't changed to: "Card was mailed" yet. 

Thanks!

Timeline
4 hours ago, KateWB said:

I’m waiting. At day 158 now. 

Today marks day 159. My I-765 employment authorisation status just changed to  ‘card is being prodiced’ ☺️ I’m hoping this means others are getting the same!! 

This couldn’t have come at a better time. I wonder how long it takes to receive the card and how long also it takes to get the social security number

4 hours ago, Laura & Chris said:

Im in the same boat.  I have my AP thats it. They did update it saying its ready to schedule interview but I'm waiting on my EAD

Day 159 and employment authorisation card status has changed to card is being produced 🤗

Timeline
On 11/5/2018 at 3:05 PM, Kat&Joel said:

Onward with the slow march of time. Day 150 something. 

Today marks day 159 and status for Employment authorisation has changed to ‘card is being produced’ 🤗🤪

7 hours ago, Laura & Chris said:

Ah, didn't realise they sent AP separate,  always thought it was a combo card. 

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
6 hours ago, KateWB said:

Today marks day 159 and status for Employment authorisation has changed to ‘card is being produced’ 🤗🤪

Yasssss!!! Some hope!!!! I don't have any faith that they will update our thing un the portal but maybe mail will arrive soon. Wooooo!!!!

I-129F Sent: July 5th 2017  

I-129F NOA2: January 19th 2018

Interview date: March 8th 2018 - Result is APPROVED!!! 

POE USA: April 23rd 2018

Marriage: May 18th 2018

AOS NOA1: May 30th 2018

AOS Biometrics: June 21st 2018

EAD Received Date: June 07 2018

EAD NOA1: June 13th 2018

EAD Biometrics: July 6th 2018

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview as of October 11th 2018

anyone know where national benefits center are up to with EAD's c9 - has anyone had their approved from June yet??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.