1,652 posts in this topic

We finally got approved for our EAD this past Thursday! Received an email from the uscis dhs account..it did NOT update on the app nor did it update on the case status uscis website. So freaking useless, all these months checking that stuff and it doesnt even update!  

Hope to get the EAD in the mail this week, how long did it take you guys once the status changed to approved?

Edited by Corgi11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Corgi11 said:

We finally got approved for our EAD this past Thursday! Received an email from the uscis dhs account..it did NOT update on the app nor did it update on the case status uscis website. So freaking useless, all these months checking that stuff and it doesnt even update!  

Hope to get the EAD in the mail this week, how long did it take you guys once the status changed to approved?

Congrats. it varies depending on the mail delivery and where it is sent from. USPS is a little late because of Black Friday now and online sales are way up there. I would say no more than 10 days you should have it in your hand

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

On 11/24/2018 at 1:03 PM, Kat&Joel said:

@Laura & Chris also I keep meaning to ask as this makes things a bit interesting for your case.  How did you get your AP and not your EAD?  I would have thought that would be sending your EAD real soon if they already took the time to process your AP.  I thought the two were meant to come together.  Maybe a tactic you can try when calling is to mention that you got your AP but your EAD hasn't arrived yet.  I find that a bit odd. I could have sworn that they process those two at the same center so they should have been looking at your case already.  I could be way off but I thought I'd mention it and maybe it can get you to teir 2 faster.

*also forgive me if you already answered this question earlier.  I may have missed it in the threads.

@Kat&Joel based on USCIS customer service policy, you can request tier2 at any point during your call (especially if tier 1 has no answers for you) and if tier 2 doesn’t work, ask for their supervisor. Also, as of right now EADs and APs are supposed to be processed within 4-6 months 120-180 (min-max). If your case gets to 180 days without adjudication, the very next day you can submit your inquiry online, however, i spoke with tier 2 (yet again) cause there was a city job opportunity i wanted to apply for and the information she gave me was that my ead was on hold and that she was sending some inquiry request that was supposed to be answered in writing within 15-30 days explaining why it was on hold. I don’t know if any of that is true but I hope this gets taken care of soon cause day 180 is less than 16 days for me, which is the most ridiculous thing in the world 😡 i bet that if they’d take this long to cash the checks m, they wouldn’t take this long to process this. #sorryfortherant

You guys should rant all you want. The current processing time of 180 days in and of itself is insane. Do they really think it's okay to keep people out of work for 6 months and 6 months is the minimum because then you have months ahead of you applying for jobs. Employers do not like seeing such a big gap in unemployment on a CV. They are hurting the economy allowing LEGAL immigrants to go so long without employment. It's no wonder illegal immigration is so alive here, because you get burned doing it the right way. It's just wrong! I'm sure many of us would be happy to pay twice as much as the fee we paid to get it done within the same month. When we immigrated to New Zealand almost 13 years ago from South Africa we applied in September and everything was done in Novemeber, it cost my parents 30k for all 4 of us not including our flights, but my parents could work and my brother and I could go to school immediately, then when we applied for permanent residence in October the following year it was all done by January and the same when we applied for citizenship 5 years later. Once eligible it happens quick but you pay a lot. At no point was there a wait on when to work, it's a stupid rule and then to stretch it out for 6 months. Jeez!!! 

My EAD AP combo arrived on Saturday, it's only valid for a year so if I don't have my green card within a year then I'll be paying more money and applying for EAD again (again, really stupid rule) still can't work yet though as I am waiting on my social security number. Wonder if I can call the social security office to inquire if it's being processed or not, how would I know I have it coming? 

Edited by MarksMate

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
17 hours ago, Corgi11 said:

From case approved I got my EAD combo card within a week 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 minutes ago, MarksMate said:

You guys should rant all you want. The current processing time of 180 days in and of itself is insane. Do they really think it's okay to keep people out of work for 6 months and 6 months is the minimum because then you have months ahead of you applying for jobs. Employers do not like seeing such a big gap in unemployment on a CV. They are hurting the economy allowing LEGAL immigrants to go so long without employment. It's no wonder illegal immigration is so alive here, because you get burned doing it the right way. It's just wrong! I'm sure many of us would be happy to pay twice as much as the fee we paid to get it done within the same month. When we immigrated to New Zealand almost 13 years ago from South Africa we applied in September and everything was done in Novemeber, it cost my parents 30k for all 4 of us not including our flights, but my parents could work and my brother and I could go to school immediately, then when we applied for permanent residence in October the following year it was all done by January and the same when we applied for citizenship 5 years later. Once eligible it happens quick but you pay a lot. At no point was there a wait on when to work, it's a stupid rule and then to stretch it out for 6 months. Jeez!!! 

My EAD AP combo arrived on Saturday, it's only valid for a year so if I don't have my green card within a year then I'll be paying more money and applying for EAD again (again, really stupid rule) still can't work yet though as I am waiting on my social security number. Wonder if I can call the social security office to inquire if it's being processed or not, how would I know I have it coming? 

Mine arrived a few days after my EAD. Hang in there you could get it today or tomorrow :) 

Timeline

@MarksMate if you have EAD in hand, don't waste time and go ask for your SS# at SSA today. I agree, this is bull$hit. I also lived in Europe before coming to the states and even though I was just a student, I didn't have to wait for insane amounts of time to get a work permit or residence permit. 

It took maybe 3 months over there and they know people have to work. The system is just getting more rigged towards the filthy rich and trying to prevent people from ever migrating here. Part of my family migrated from China to South America and they didn't have these problems back in in the early 1900's. I myself am a immigrant and now USC had to wait for years to get LPR status and my wife not to long ago got her EAD. I don't care about the Trump lovers here in VJ, but he is taking decisions that will affect us all. Minimum income above the established 125% of poverty line and Credit check to see if you are likely to be a public charge. Not everyone makes 40K+ or more a year to even qualify. Just read the news and you will see how this is just going to get worse if the current administration has it's way.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/immigrants-could-be-required-to-show-credit-scores-if-they-want-to-stay-in-the-us-2018-09-26

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

36 minutes ago, Alabamak1 said:

@MarksMate if you have EAD in hand, don't waste time and go ask for your SS# at SSA today. I agree, this is bull$hit. I also lived in Europe before coming to the states and even though I was just a student, I didn't have to wait for insane amounts of time to get a work permit or residence permit. 

It took maybe 3 months over there and they know people have to work. The system is just getting more rigged towards the filthy rich and trying to prevent people from ever migrating here. Part of my family migrated from China to South America and they didn't have these problems back in in the early 1900's. I myself am a immigrant and now USC had to wait for years to get LPR status and my wife not to long ago got her EAD. I don't care about the Trump lovers here in VJ, but he is taking decisions that will affect us all. Minimum income above the established 125% of poverty line and Credit check to see if you are likely to be a public charge. Not everyone makes 40K+ or more a year to even qualify. Just read the news and you will see how this is just going to get worse if the current administration has it's way.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/immigrants-could-be-required-to-show-credit-scores-if-they-want-to-stay-in-the-us-2018-09-26

Wow if that passes illegal immigration is going to become way worse. I have no credit score here at all. I hate debt and credit cards to no end but in USA it's almost a necessary evil. Guess I have to open a credit card now or something unless my husbands credit score is enough to show I won't be a public charge. I hope the system has a way to account for the fact that life happens and you can be earning 100k today and lose your job tomorrow and need assistance because 3 months later you still haven't found a job and are defaulting on payments. Yeah no that's really cruel. The man is heartless. 

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

Timeline
52 minutes ago, MarksMate said:

Wow if that passes illegal immigration is going to become way worse. I have no credit score here at all. I hate debt and credit cards to no end but in USA it's almost a necessary evil. Guess I have to open a credit card now or something unless my husbands credit score is enough to show I won't be a public charge. I hope the system has a way to account for the fact that life happens and you can be earning 100k today and lose your job tomorrow and need assistance because 3 months later you still haven't found a job and are defaulting on payments. Yeah no that's really cruel. The man is heartless. 

Unrelated to immigration, but somehow related...look into what is UltraFICO score. This is more to rant about, how this will likely affect more the new immigrants. I know this can and will affect my almost perfect credit score in a way. This is in the public opinion stage to get credit check on people who want to adjust and more. In a few words...they look for public opinion, throw the opinions into the garbage can and move on to make it a requirement.

A) "good" history and credit score is needed to live in USA

B) a high income is becoming the norm, just to live a basic (average) life in the US anymore (aka. required to have a job by beneficiary even if the sponsor makes enough to support you)

C) UltraFICO score will put more emphasis on your balances on your CHECKING account, than how you make payments and keep balances low. This will directly affect your score to go down and therefore giving IO a excuse to deny your application.

It doesn't require to be a genius, how this will all end up as a disaster to new immigrants and their SO.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/24/2018 at 10:03 AM, Kat&Joel said:

@Laura & Chris also I keep meaning to ask as this makes things a bit interesting for your case.  How did you get your AP and not your EAD?  I would have thought that would be sending your EAD real soon if they already took the time to process your AP.  I thought the two were meant to come together.  Maybe a tactic you can try when calling is to mention that you got your AP but your EAD hasn't arrived yet.  I find that a bit odd. I could have sworn that they process those two at the same center so they should have been looking at your case already.  I could be way off but I thought I'd mention it and maybe it can get you to teir 2 faster.

*also forgive me if you already answered this question earlier.  I may have missed it in the threads.

I hav no idea! ILl call back now 

06/01/18 : Filed for AOS, EAD, AP

06/03/18 : Package delivered by USPS

06/15/18 : Received AOS AP, AND EAD NOA1 hard copies in mail

06/15/18: Received rejection letter for AP (WILL BE RE FILING)

07/02/18 : Biometrics appointment letter in mail

07/09/18 : Biometrics:D

09/10/18 AP approval in mail

09/18/18 : Received AP card in mail 

10/23/18 : Interview ready to be scheduled 

12/03/18 : NOA EAD Approval in Mail

12/07/18 : Receive EAD Card In mail

xx/xx/18 : Interview 

xx/xx/18 : Notice of Approval on I-485 in mail

xx/xx/18 : Card received in mail. Yay!:jest:

Timeline
3 hours ago, Tomalley said:

Hello, guys, without any update on my uscis account, I got two letters from uscis. There are approved letters for my EAD. How long will I get my actual card ? Anyone knows ? Thanks 

it should take no more than 10 days to be in your hands. The problem is when it was actually printed and shipped. Our EAD came from XYZ, KY and it took from being produced to in our mailbox around 10 days

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

So I called Again about my EAD. As soon as I told the officer my filing date is June 4th. He immediately, sent off a notification to the office. 

He was great, was on the phone for 30 minute wait and with the officer 2 minutes 😂

Edited by Laura & Chris

06/01/18 : Filed for AOS, EAD, AP

06/03/18 : Package delivered by USPS

06/15/18 : Received AOS AP, AND EAD NOA1 hard copies in mail

06/15/18: Received rejection letter for AP (WILL BE RE FILING)

07/02/18 : Biometrics appointment letter in mail

07/09/18 : Biometrics:D

09/10/18 AP approval in mail

09/18/18 : Received AP card in mail 

10/23/18 : Interview ready to be scheduled 

12/03/18 : NOA EAD Approval in Mail

12/07/18 : Receive EAD Card In mail

xx/xx/18 : Interview 

xx/xx/18 : Notice of Approval on I-485 in mail

xx/xx/18 : Card received in mail. Yay!:jest:

16 hours ago, Alabamak1 said:

Unrelated to immigration, but somehow related...look into what is UltraFICO score. This is more to rant about, how this will likely affect more the new immigrants. I know this can and will affect my almost perfect credit score in a way. This is in the public opinion stage to get credit check on people who want to adjust and more. In a few words...they look for public opinion, throw the opinions into the garbage can and move on to make it a requirement.

A) "good" history and credit score is needed to live in USA

B) a high income is becoming the norm, just to live a basic (average) life in the US anymore (aka. required to have a job by beneficiary even if the sponsor makes enough to support you)

C) UltraFICO score will put more emphasis on your balances on your CHECKING account, than how you make payments and keep balances low. This will directly affect your score to go down and therefore giving IO a excuse to deny your application.

It doesn't require to be a genius, how this will all end up as a disaster to new immigrants and their SO.

That basically means: “ if you’re not rich, you can’t come” 🙄 greeeeat...we need even mooooore BS to deal with...let’s just close the country 🤔

19 hours ago, MarksMate said:

Before 45, back in the better days, this whole process wouldn’t take more than 9 months TOTAL, 10 in extreme cases. A work permit and ssn was usually issues in less than 3 months but then again 45 happened and the whole system is upside down, even to become a US citizen, a process that was usually done in 6 months tops is taking over a YEAR AND A HALF 😱😱😱

Getting to the country legally, doing EVERYTHING by the book, paying thousands in fees; it means absolutely nothing nowadays, the resources that could be used to work with people doing the right thing, are being exploited in a anti-immigrant propaganda (especially us browns), instead of hiring enough people at the USCIS to process our very expensive right, we get an entire workforce to investigate bogus citizenships 😒 and that’s where we are ladies and gents 👌🏽#winningNOT

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.