1,652 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

thanks for the kind words... don't think it is encouraging though as i feel this time around, they are even worse..

after seeing how they were not educated on K1 and what comes with it when we had our appt in Charleston, I don't know how quick

they work on us.... especially after that main lady who talked to us was copying crosswords off a book and was doing the crosswords

at her desk without any shame!!!!

Wow that’s unbelievable !! So rude of her !! They absolutely have no shame .. I would have thought Charleston would be faster tho, I’m in Texas so even tho it’s ready scheduled it’s going to take ages ... 🙄🙄🙄

I really wish we could work on K1, I get their points but the wait is too long for the EAD even now .. how not to drive crazy ?! 😪

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I’m hoping someone can answer me in here (I’m a July filer).

i recently had an alert that I would be getting an RFE for my AOS

I booked an infopass appointment so that I could send everything off as soon as the letter arrives. They advised me That They have requested 2 things:

- A copy of my birth certificate (which was already sent)

- An affidavit from my husband (the petitioner) - I sent an affidavit which was completed by my mother in law originally as my husband is self employed and his taxes etc are complicated. I wasn’t aware that I still had to send in an affidavit from my husband if I was using a co-sponsor? 

Either way, I have all of his docs from when I needed them for my interview in the U.K. 

I will be sending his affidavit, but I just wanted to know for those who used a co sponsor, did you still send an affidavit for your petitioner?

Thanks  

Timeline
28 minutes ago, KandW said:

I’m hoping someone can answer me in here (I’m a July filer).

i recently had an alert that I would be getting an RFE for my AOS

I booked an infopass appointment so that I could send everything off as soon as the letter arrives. They advised me That They have requested 2 things:

- A copy of my birth certificate (which was already sent)

- An affidavit from my husband (the petitioner) - I sent an affidavit which was completed by my mother in law originally as my husband is self employed and his taxes etc are complicated. I wasn’t aware that I still had to send in an affidavit from my husband if I was using a co-sponsor? 

Either way, I have all of his docs from when I needed them for my interview in the U.K. 

I will be sending his affidavit, but I just wanted to know for those who used a co sponsor, did you still send an affidavit for your petitioner?

Thanks  

Hello there ! We did have a co sponsor but your husband is still the main one, so you do have to send an affidavit for him and a second one for your mother in law. 

For the birth certificate it’s curious but I’ve seen that many times, probably got lost in all their papers but still 😅

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
37 minutes ago, danju said:

Hello there ! We did have a co sponsor but your husband is still the main one, so you do have to send an affidavit for him and a second one for your mother in law. 

For the birth certificate it’s curious but I’ve seen that many times, probably got lost in all their papers but still 😅

Thank you so much. 

I mean it makes sense. I thought that I researched enough to have included everything, but obviously not. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, KandW said:

Thank you so much. 

I mean it makes sense. I thought that I researched enough to have included everything, but obviously not. 

You're welcome ! I am in the exact same case, my husband is self employed as well & it was all confusing at first. I wish you would have known before but at least it's an "easy fix" that you can send whenever the letter arrives ! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, danju said:

Hello there ! My appointment was Friday & ready to be scheduled too yesterday, sorry for you it hasn’t happened yet & I know it’s so annoying to hear that but : hold on there ! It’s happening for you too, I guess depending on where you’re based as well. 

& I fell you I’m driving crazy too 😂😅 it’s been only a month & a half we filled for AOS & it feels like forever already, just wish to work already 😥 

@danju Your status has updated to "ready to be scheduled"? I just received an update this morning saying they received my bio metrics and they are still processing the case. Our appointment was Monday, July 30th so 10 days ago.

The online status updates have been really strange for us, they never updated to let us know we had a biometrics appointment, we just received the notice in the mail and the only update besides them saying they received our case on July 11st was the update from this morning. Did you get an update when your biometrics appointment was scheduled and now that your ready to be scheduled for an interview?

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Meganh72 said:

@danju Your status has updated to "ready to be scheduled"? I just received an update this morning saying they received my bio metrics and they are still processing the case. Our appointment was Monday, July 30th so 10 days ago.

The online status updates have been really strange for us, they never updated to let us know we had a biometrics appointment, we just received the notice in the mail and the only update besides them saying they received our case on July 11st was the update from this morning. Did you get an update when your biometrics appointment was scheduled and now that your ready to be scheduled for an interview?

Yes I got my appointment last Friday the 3rd, my status changed Tuesday for “fingerprints review was completed” & yesterday but I saw it just this morning “case is Ready to be scheduled for interview” ! I just got a letter before that with my NAO1 & appointment notice, all together. The website is a bit strange but yes, it’s been pretty fast for us since it’s been a week tomorrow I had my biometrics ! Depends probably on the state, not sure 😅 I’m glad to see we’re ready to be scheduled but it’s gonna be a looooong wait still, just nice to see our case is moving forward & hope it’s gonna be the same for you very soon !

15 hours ago, Swissmiss82 said:

hi guys,

sorry for my MIA! but.. it's been a tough month and I am starting to go crazy.

My Fingerprints appt was June 27th, we still don't have an update besides "fingerprint review completed",

no updates on nothing and no hope in sight... frustrating!!!

and reading how many of you already got updates for ready to be scheduled is honestly even more frustrating :(

not that i'm not happy for each of you cos i know we all go through the same ####### and we all have this forever wait....

but ughhh... this nonsense boring life with no job, no responsibility and not feeling needed in a job starts to get to me badly! :(

and with no job, and no incoming money, I feel like I am also so limited to go out explore and do things...

anyone else about to go crazy??? 🤸‍♀️

So crazy!!! This is so unbelievably difficult. The drop in income and the boredom at home. I cant even drive cause I am waiting on my social security number. My poor husband is having to deal with so many of my mood swings because of everything combined. Missing family and my country and my food and an income and a job and friends. He just picked up a second job so I can have some spending money to entertain us in the mean time. Bless his heart. I wonder if anyone in immigration ever had to put up with that they ask of us, I swear sometimes they forget we are human beings too and not just illegal aliens. 

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

On 7/25/2018 at 5:06 PM, Tomalley said:

This is so ridiculous. I don’t have an insurance because I don’t have a job. I have a sore throat and went to a clinic and the charge me for 300$. So I can’t afford it. I can’t even afford to see a doctor. This is so ######!!! I am so angry about all this miserable life. Can’t have a job, can’t drive , can’t even be sick.. God. This is killing me. I tried to hold back my anger, but I am really about to explode. We can’t be sick for half a year, so ridiculous.

Honestly, it is all because of the EVIL Trump, makes everything so slow for us. He is suck an #######! 

Yes!! I was so sick for about 4 weeks and couldn't do anything cause my husband was busy in a petition with his insurance company to get me added, they finally added me on Monday and I was able to go see the Dr, something was wrong with my bloods so I have to go back today. I can't understand medical care here. In New Zealand it's free!! But this weird healthcare system was way before Trump so it's not his fault, it's everyone up there who can make a change but chooses not to. It's even worse how tax payers have to pay into medicare and just because they have a higher income they don't get the health benefits of medicare. Illinois tax is almost 10% now, arg!!

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We are 3 months in and not even a smoke signal from my wifes EAD. We just came back from a week at Panama City Beach. I hate the drive. I needed it, but back to reality. I'd love for my wife to be able to drive, get a job and contribute as little or as much. She is also tied up to the apartment. No public transportation, not even a bicycle or any way to get some place. Let's be real, DL should NOT be something they prevent you from getting. I feel for every husband or wife that has to make time after work or in their days off to get your loved ones out. We all get tired and just want to chill after long hours at work. I am in the same boat as many of you guys here and I am already a naturalized citizen, but my  biggest concern is the driving part...let K-1 visaholders drive!!! This ain't NYC or Chicago. 99% of the US needs a car. Enough rant. Hope you guys doing good and keeping it together. Have a nice weekend. 😎

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

1 hour ago, Alabamak1 said:

We are 3 months in and not even a smoke signal from my wifes EAD. We just came back from a week at Panama City Beach. I hate the drive. I needed it, but back to reality. I'd love for my wife to be able to drive, get a job and contribute as little or as much. She is also tied up to the apartment. No public transportation, not even a bicycle or any way to get some place. Let's be real, DL should NOT be something they prevent you from getting. I feel for every husband or wife that has to make time after work or in their days off to get your loved ones out. We all get tired and just want to chill after long hours at work. I am in the same boat as many of you guys here and I am already a naturalized citizen, but my  biggest concern is the driving part...let K-1 visaholders drive!!! This ain't NYC or Chicago. 99% of the US needs a car. Enough rant. Hope you guys doing good and keeping it together. Have a nice weekend. 😎

Get a job offer and expedite EAD. We can’t do anything:( 

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

Get a job offer and expedite EAD. We can’t do anything:( 

i have heard that many times, if this actually would work to get EAD.....i would. i have my doubts this actually works

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

At least, you can try and it might work. Better than being sad and wait. 

my concern is the section where it asks you if you have authorization to work in the US...what do you put there? no? Yes? I mean technically the employer would need to wait for you to get EAD anyway and that might not even happen and you lost your shot at actually working for them in the future since they gave you a chance and you couldn't get the EAD possibly. We are not desperate for the working part, but more for the DL part of it. We do manage, thank God, but I get out of work and run to get her to a ESL class for 2 hours, wait and drive back home. Financially is not killing us, but I did kinda planned and currently work a little extra and not 2 jobs like I read here 🤪.  Anyways, i appreciate your input. Rural Alabama sucks. Florida was so nice. The beach, sun and not having to work 🏖️.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.