1,652 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 hours ago, Swissmiss82 said:

has anyone had their fingerprint appointment yet?

i am heading there this wednesday and now i am a bit nervous cos i don't really know what to expect haha

i know the letter said bring passport and the invitation letter, but is that really it???? 

just ID and letter. it's a no cellphone area too.  at least in Birmingham it's pretty much no security and just sit and wait. pretty quick

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Timeline
1 hour ago, LizM said:

Haha I also had my received date one day before it was delivered... But your AOS was super slow, wonder what that was about. Good to hear things are rolling for you now! 

Congratulations! :jest: I know the feeling. Have fun getting your wife everything she needs to get started here now! My husband added me as an authorized user to his credit card so I can start to build a credit history.

Thanks, we need the social security card to add my wife to my bank account. I am gonna look into my credit cards also. I noticed somewhere where they said credit rellies nowadays more heavily on your own and not so much on the credit score of the accountholder.

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

6 minutes ago, Alabamak1 said:

Thanks, we need the social security card to add my wife to my bank account. I am gonna look into my credit cards also. I noticed somewhere where they said credit rellies nowadays more heavily on your own and not so much on the credit score of the accountholder.

Yes, no I don't think they rely on his score whatsover, but I read it will help me build my credit history over time. I'm planning to open up other credit lines too though, in my own name :) Probably secured to start with.

h

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Got my RFE letter. They're requesting more evidence for the affidavit of support. My husband doesn't currently work but makes more than enough from his VA disability. We provided bank statements and other documentation. We'll get his parents to be a joint sponsor just to be safe. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, LizM said:

Yes, no I don't think they rely on his score whatsover, but I read it will help me build my credit history over time. I'm planning to open up other credit lines too though, in my own name :) Probably secured to start with.

Can you post it when you do get a secured one and from which bank? I just put my wife on a salad of different cards, the 4 basic lol. MC, Visa, Amex and Discover as authorized user. She rub her hands together and started smiling. Should I think, i should've not done this? LMAO. 

Off topic a little: We tried signing up for "my social Security account"...we attempted it 3 times and something went wrong because it kicked us out and said to retry in 24hours

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Just recieved my RFIE. It said the following: The joint sponsor ( my mother in law) must submit a most recent federal income tax return. I submitted her tax returns for the years 2014, 2015 and 2016. She didn't filed her tax return for 2017 since she owns her own business and has a extension for it. ( this means she doesn't has to file her taxes before October 2018. So I don't know how I can provide them with the requested initial evidence. Maybe calling them and explaining them the situation??

20 minutes ago, Roy Janssen said:

Just recieved my RFIE. It said the following: The joint sponsor ( my mother in law) must submit a most recent federal income tax return. I submitted her tax returns for the years 2014, 2015 and 2016. She didn't filed her tax return for 2017 since she owns her own business and has a extension for it. ( this means she doesn't has to file her taxes before October 2018. So I don't know how I can provide them with the requested initial evidence. Maybe calling them and explaining them the situation??

Omg, when did you send your package in? My husband has the same situation like your mother in law, he didn’t file 2017 and we sent 2016 in.. I guess I will get a RFIE too. Maybe you can ask your mother in law to file it right away and send to them? How long does it take to file the tax returns? I am asking my husband to file it now:( even he had extended to August 2018.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

Omg, when did you send your package in? My husband has the same situation like your mother in law, he didn’t file 2017 and we sent 2016 in.. I guess I will get a RFIE too. Maybe you can ask your mother in law to file it right away and send to them? How long does it take to file the tax returns? I am asking my husband to file it now:( even he had extended to August 2018.

Ow no, I guess you are in the same situation as me then. I will call them tomorrow and explain them the situation, see what they will say. I also have my biometric appointment tomorrow. Maybe they can answer my question and help me. My mother in law asked her accountant and he can start tomorrow on her tax returns for 2017. he said it will take roughly 2 weeks. 

Maybe it is also an idea to send in proof of extension for tax return. that would show them that we filed the most recent tax return. 

11 minutes ago, Roy Janssen said:

Ow no, I guess you are in the same situation as me then. I will call them tomorrow and explain them the situation, see what they will say. I also have my biometric appointment tomorrow. Maybe they can answer my question and help me. My mother in law asked her accountant and he can start tomorrow on her tax returns for 2017. he said it will take roughly 2 weeks. 

Maybe it is also an idea to send in proof of extension for tax return. that would show them that we filed the most recent tax return. 

Good idea, i would definitely call them and ask them what to do. Usually i think the first person who answers the call doesnt know much, I would try to get Tier2 to talk. It doesnt hurt to ask people in the ACS when you do your fingerprint tomorrow too. Also you can ask how long you would have the interview and maybe they know something.

Please tell me your solution tomorrow because I am expecting a RIFE too now ..

I cant believe it takes 2 weeks to do it, if you have to file it, just have to do it then.. But my husband said can be done in a day? I dont quite understand ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hey guys, I'm actually filing in July but I want to prepare the documents before the wedding and I'm a tad bit nervous about which information on VJ are outdated and which are not. Could a kind soul please point me to the right instructions or do I just do a search on the USCIS website? :/

8 hours ago, Roy Janssen said:

I would send in this, along with the 2016 tax return, just to highlight it is in fact the latest one. When is your RFIE deadline?

8 hours ago, Tomalley said:

Good idea, i would definitely call them and ask them what to do. Usually i think the first person who answers the call doesnt know much, I would try to get Tier2 to talk. It doesnt hurt to ask people in the ACS when you do your fingerprint tomorrow too. Also you can ask how long you would have the interview and maybe they know something.

I cant believe it takes 2 weeks to do it, if you have to file it, just have to do it then.. But my husband said can be done in a day? I dont quite understand ...

I think your husband is right, the filing itself will probably only take a day. But accountants can be busy and may have to collect documents so likely that's why Roy Janssen's mother-in-law's accountant says it will take some time. 

h

4 hours ago, AL-MJD said:

Hey guys, I'm actually filing in July but I want to prepare the documents before the wedding and I'm a tad bit nervous about which information on VJ are outdated and which are not. Could a kind soul please point me to the right instructions or do I just do a search on the USCIS website? :/

Hey! No worries. These are the latest instructions: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos and here, you'll find a lot of useful example forms: http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples/

I think they may be updating the AOS form in August so just make sure you always have the correct (latest) version if every form you're using. You can do this by checking the date in the bottom right corner of the form. Browse around for other people's AOS cover letters to get an idea of what kind of evidence people have submitted. Good luck! :)

h

Timeline
10 hours ago, Tomalley said:

I will defenitly do that. As soon as I know something i'll let you know. they can't get the taxes ready in one day because it is a pretty big business. she owns a multidisciplinaire health clinic. so the taxes are very complicated.

Timeline
1 hour ago, LizM said:

I would send in this, along with the 2016 tax return, just to highlight it is in fact the latest one. When is your RFIE deadline?

I think your husband is right, the filing itself will probably only take a day. But accountants can be busy and may have to collect documents so likely that's why Roy Janssen's mother-in-law's accountant says it will take some time. 

yeah I think that would be the most obvious solution for me I guess. the deadline is in 87 days so that is not the problem. i just wan't to fix it ASAP haha.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
21 hours ago, ichliebeihn said:

We did track the delivery and it said it was delivered Sunday June 10th. Yesterday we finally got notification via text!! the check was cashed this morning. the strange thing is that in the text notifications; the EAD and AP were dated June 8th, and the AOS was dated June 22nd o_O ...glad things are rolling even if the dates don't make sense 

Same here, however i only got two texts, did you get a receipt # for all 3?

I got two cases numbers for following forms, missing the travel I-131

On June 23, 2018, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application 

On June 8, 2018, we received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

I-129F NOA2 to NVC Receive Time Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

I-129F RFE Master List 2017 Edition - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QZLEE9OecLgkFXzE_ChRWqPGW4breSStBXafL2zbGhA/edit?usp=sharing

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIS? https://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you are a May filer and still waiting for approval add your self here - https://etherpad.net/p/May_I-129F_Pending

All May Past RAW Scans Herehttps://goo.gl/NEgqgk

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.