Esme2504

2nd interview and still clueless

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

I agree with everyone else, I am sure its just going to be a little delay .

Im marrying my fiancee from El Salvador? Off topic do you what questions are asked in the interview?

Timeline
2 hours ago, JayHouser said:

I agree with everyone else, I am sure its just going to be a little delay .

Im marrying my fiancee from El Salvador? Off topic do you what questions are asked in the interview?

Hi Jay,

At his first interview they asked him what was my full name,  how many times have I visited him in El Salvador & dates & how did we meet.  Since our baby had been born around that time they asked him if he had met the baby and wanted to see pictures of the baby.  They did not ask about marriage plans, and he took additional evidence of our relationship he told me they did not care to look at it.  They kept his passport also and told him visa would be issued in 10 days until they realized he was missing court documents for his arrests so we we got put in AP. He told me the CO was really nice. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

It crossed my mind when first reading this, and I saw someone else mentioned this too - it's possible someone he's been affiliated with in the past (possibly even someone he was arrested with before) is a known gang member. I can certainly see them wanting to dig deeper over that. But I think if you're both in good standing and are not hiding anything, then there won't be anything for them to find and he will be fine. It's just super frustrating not knowing what will happen, I know. Hang in there!

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Timeline
5 hours ago, Esme2504 said:

Hi Jay,

At his first interview they asked him what was my full name,  how many times have I visited him in El Salvador & dates & how did we meet.  Since our baby had been born around that time they asked him if he had met the baby and wanted to see pictures of the baby.  They did not ask about marriage plans, and he took additional evidence of our relationship he told me they did not care to look at it.  They kept his passport also and told him visa would be issued in 10 days until they realized he was missing court documents for his arrests so we we got put in AP. He told me the CO was really nice. 

Thanks so much for taking the time to tell me this. Its been super hard finding information in regards to El Salvador. They didn't ask about languages spoken by chance?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 hours ago, Esme2504 said:

They broke into our facebooks to read about our lives . Luckily he is in no gangs, never has been and has no tattoos. 

Hi, sorry to hear your struggles. We were in no where land for 3 months before Embassy issued her visa.

What do you mean they broke into your FB? Did they ask for your FB user name and or account passwords or is your FB just open for all to see?

If they did not ask you for the FB info then how do you know they were looking into it?

Thanks

Steven

Timeline
3 hours ago, JayHouser said:

Thanks so much for taking the time to tell me this. Its been super hard finding information in regards to El Salvador. They didn't ask about languages spoken by chance?

Hi Jay,

They did not since I speak spanish. Every case is different, if their is a language barrier between you and your fiance they might wonder and ask.  Just prepare yourselves for any question and be honest. I think in our case, I made sure to send really good evidence that we were a couple and had visited him atleast 5 times within 1 year.  

Yeah, I totally understand. It's just scary to know they are going through my stuff also. It's embarrassing that they have read through my facebook lol probably seen my pictures and know about my life. their probably reading this too.. lol 

This IS part of their job.  Not sure what you mean that they "broke into" your FaceBook though.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, LabOz said:

Hi, sorry to hear your struggles. We were in no where land for 3 months before Embassy issued her visa.

What do you mean they broke into your FB? Did they ask for your FB user name and or account passwords or is your FB just open for all to see?

If they did not ask you for the FB info then how do you know they were looking into it?

Thanks

Steven

I'm assuming they did because they told him things about me that I posted on fb.  My profile is very private.  I had recently posted an angry msg on fb saying I got into an argument with another driver who was attacking me. I also said luckily I'm not driving my bmw so I'm fine if they scratch this car.  They asked him does she still have her bmw??? How do they know what car I have or don't have?   They also told him that in february I visited him and that we stayed in a beach resort..  which I posted pictures on fb of our hotel suite with beach view.  Where else are they getting this information?  

Timeline
4 minutes ago, David & Zoila said:

This IS part of their job.  Not sure what you mean that they "broke into" your FaceBook though.

What I'm saying is that they logged into my facebook and went through all my stuff.  Yes, I understand its normal processing, but its embarrasing they are reading my messages with my friends and family lol.

5 minutes ago, Esme2504 said:

What I'm saying is that they logged into my facebook and went through all my stuff.  Yes, I understand its normal processing, but its embarrasing they are reading my messages with my friends and family lol.

Why would this be embarrassing?  I just don't get it.  Unless you post stuff on FB that is inappropriate?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Yes!! Everytime I see the news about trump talking about MS or whatever gangs from El Salvador , I'm thinking he will ban the whole country sooner or later.  Praying!! Hopefully our situation gets cleared and we can move on with our lives. Thank you!! I will post when we hear the results. 

Well..Trump as our President has a duty to keep us in the US safe. Obviously this is a huge problem. 

Timeline
Just now, David & Zoila said:

Why would this be embarrassing?  I just don't get it.  Unless you post stuff on FB that is inappropriate?

Well I do have female talk with my gfs and cousins... nothing crazy but still. You're probably  male and don't understand lol.  We gossip lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Cars are registered and insured...there's a paper trail.

Hotels have records of bookings....also a paper trail...

14 minutes ago, Esme2504 said:

I'm assuming they did because they told him things about me that I posted on fb.  My profile is very private.  I had recently posted an angry msg on fb saying I got into an argument with another driver who was attacking me. I also said luckily I'm not driving my bmw so I'm fine if they scratch this car.  They asked him does she still have her bmw??? How do they know what car I have or don't have?   They also told him that in february I visited him and that we stayed in a beach resort..  which I posted pictures on fb of our hotel suite with beach view.  Where else are they getting this information?  

Petitioner: U.S. Citizen living in U.S. Beneficiary: Egyptian Citizen living in Egypt Seychelles United States!

Visa type: CR-1

01-06-14 Married

03-21-14 Priority Date (Nebraska Service Center)

03-25-14 NOA1

08-26-14 Approved! 5 months, 5 days

09-04-14 shipped to NVC per USCIS website

10-09-14 NVC "received"

10-28-14 Case #

10-30-14 DS261/AOS fee

12-02-14 IV fee

12-03-14 Sent Package

01-30-15 Case Complete! 5 months at NVC with no checklists

03-25-15 Received Interview Letter, date is 05/14/15

05-14-15 Interview Result: APPROVED!

06-08-15 25 days later...CEAC finally shows READY

06-11-15 Visa in Hand

06-15-15 POE in Philadelphia

Total Time from Sending Petition to Visa in Hand: 14 months, 3 weeks

Currently in I-751 ROC and N-400 Citizenship processes.  See Timeline for Details.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Esme2504 said:

Hi Jay,

They did not since I speak spanish. Every case is different, if their is a language barrier between you and your fiance they might wonder and ask.  Just prepare yourselves for any question and be honest. I think in our case, I made sure to send really good evidence that we were a couple and had visited him atleast 5 times within 1 year.  

Of course if they ask I will answer honestly. I primarily speak English and her Spanish but we do speak some of each others language as well. I wonder what would prompt them to ask in the first place? I visited my fiancee 3 times this year and twice last year.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Esme2504 said:

USCIS has a right to inspect and investigate EVERYTHING about you. That is what you sign away when you input your signature on the I-129f form. Go back and read it. They looked at our Facebook too over four years ago...no big deal, drivers license, credit bureau files, NCID etc etc...

No big deal.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.