bcking

8 killed in shooting at Texas' Santa Fe High School, CNN affiliates report

134 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, JimandChristy said:

This day was always coming and this country and it's politicians do absolutely nothing.

This is a state issue, not a federal one.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

The logical and constitutional solution is to place trained, armed response personnel inside schools.  There is no other PRACTICAL solution.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

2 minutes ago, missileman said:

This is a state issue, not a federal one.

When will the states put the lives of their children above the 2nd amendment?

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

1 minute ago, missileman said:

The logical and constitutional solution is to place trained, armed response personnel inside schools.  There is no other PRACTICAL solution.

When will it stop? If having SROs doesn't deter shooters, then what? Teachers? Custodians? Office staff? Kids themselves? How far does it have to go before people start seeing the obvious problem?

K1 Visa Timeline
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline

26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

15th June 15 - Interview

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Timeline
Just now, JimandChristy said:

When will the states put the lives of their children above the 2nd amendment?

When will schools give our children the same protection as we give our money?   You can not eliminate the rights of law abiding citizens because some people abuse those rights.  However, you can strengthen the security around our children by placing well trained, armed personnel inside our schools to counteract the crazies who invade with the intent to harm others.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JimandChristy said:

When will it stop? If having SROs doesn't deter shooters, then what? Teachers? Custodians? Office staff? Kids themselves? How far does it have to go before people start seeing the obvious problem?

Remove all guns, and knives will become the kill method......then what??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
3 minutes ago, JimandChristy said:

CNN)An Illinois school resource officer is being praised as a hero for intervening when a former student opened fire Wednesday morning at Dixon High School.

US Vice President Mike Pence lauded the "heroic actions" of Dixon Police Officer Mark Dallas, who shot and wounded the gunman.
"Another example of the brave work performed by law enforcement each and every day. Lives were saved thanks to the heroic actions of school resource officer Mark Dallas," Pence said on Twitter.
Suspect Matthew Milby faces three charges of aggravated discharge of a firearm and $2 million bond, Illinois State Police said. More charges may be filed.
The 19-year-old former student opened fire near the school auditorium where students had gathered for graduation ceremony rehearsal, the statement said.
The suspect fled the school and Dallas chased him, Dixon Police Chief Steven Howell said in a news conference. The suspect continued to shoot at the officer and the officer returned fire, Howell said.
Milby used a 9 mm semiautomatic rifle in the shooting that was purchased by his mother in 2012, state police said. Authorities are trying to determine how Milby got hold of the weapon.
Milby was released from the hospital on Wednesday and taken to the Lee County Jail, where he is awaiting an arraignment tentatively scheduled for Friday, state police said.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Remove all guns, and knives will become the kill method......then what??

facepalm-head.jpg

K1 Visa Timeline
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline

26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

15th June 15 - Interview

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, JimandChristy said:

It stops when the armed invader is stopped dead in his tracks by armed protection personnel.  This method works whether the invader has a gun, a knife, or a baseball bat.

3 minutes ago, missileman said:

It stops when the armed invader is stopped dead in his tracks by armed protection personnel.  This method works whether the invader has a gun, a knife, or a baseball bat.

So America is right and the rest of the OECD countries are wrong when it comes dealing with guns and gun violence?

K1 Visa Timeline
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline

26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

15th June 15 - Interview

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Timeline
1 minute ago, JimandChristy said:

So America is right and the rest of the OECD countries are wrong when it comes dealing with guns and gun violence?

Yes.

Yes.

ef8.jpg

K1 Visa Timeline
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline

26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

15th June 15 - Interview

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Boiler said:

CNN)An Illinois school resource officer is being praised as a hero for intervening when a former student opened fire Wednesday morning at Dixon High School.

US Vice President Mike Pence lauded the "heroic actions" of Dixon Police Officer Mark Dallas, who shot and wounded the gunman.
"Another example of the brave work performed by law enforcement each and every day. Lives were saved thanks to the heroic actions of school resource officer Mark Dallas," Pence said on Twitter.
Suspect Matthew Milby faces three charges of aggravated discharge of a firearm and $2 million bond, Illinois State Police said. More charges may be filed.
The 19-year-old former student opened fire near the school auditorium where students had gathered for graduation ceremony rehearsal, the statement said.
The suspect fled the school and Dallas chased him, Dixon Police Chief Steven Howell said in a news conference. The suspect continued to shoot at the officer and the officer returned fire, Howell said.
Milby used a 9 mm semiautomatic rifle in the shooting that was purchased by his mother in 2012, state police said. Authorities are trying to determine how Milby got hold of the weapon.
Milby was released from the hospital on Wednesday and taken to the Lee County Jail, where he is awaiting an arraignment tentatively scheduled for Friday, state police said.

In this case it was a shotgun and .38 revolver. Neither are exactly on the radar of those seeking gun control.

Timeline
Just now, JimandChristy said:

ef8.jpg

Of course, I'm serious.  Once you cope with the fact that you will NEVER eliminate a law abiding citizen's right to bear arms, maybe you can then start to focus on realistic ideas and solutions.

Timeline

No law can prevent crazies from killing people.  If they can't use guns, they will use knives...or acid........which is exactly what is happening in London.