duckrabbit

Worried about passport...

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I only sent my bio page and copies of the pages with the stamps. I'm still burning thru the pages in my 100 page passport ( They don't issue these anymore, and it would have taken me an extra 20 pages added to my 129F) they are handy when you travel internationally a lot, because I do. It was only like an extra 20 bucks to get the extra visa pages, well worth it in my book, and you used to be able to send your passport in to get pages added for a minimal charge. Not any more I believe, now when your passport visa pages get full, you have to get a new passport and pay the full ride on the price. Just a way for them to bring in more money I think. They figure you can afford to travel that much, you should be able to pay us for a new passport every 2-3 years even though it is good for 10. Don't think it will matter to me as I have just about had my fill of living out of a suitcase, and it's time to get a job at Walmart as a greeter handing out smiley stickers to kids. So in 2 years when I renew, I should have no problem with the standard passport as I will not be traveling much at all. The wait is tough, you just keep yourself busy and think positive. I'm looking forward to be able to post in the 200 day plus thread..... LOL not, but I will be posting there the way things are looking.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

I only sent my bio page and copies of the pages with the stamps. I'm still burning thru the pages in my 100 page passport ( They don't issue these anymore, and it would have taken me an extra 20 pages added to my 129F) they are handy when you travel internationally a lot, because I do. It was only like an extra 20 bucks to get the extra visa pages, well worth it in my book, and you used to be able to send your passport in to get pages added for a minimal charge. Not any more I believe, now when your passport visa pages get full, you have to get a new passport and pay the full ride on the price. Just a way for them to bring in more money I think. They figure you can afford to travel that much, you should be able to pay us for a new passport every 2-3 years even though it is good for 10. Don't think it will matter to me as I have just about had my fill of living out of a suitcase, and it's time to get a job at Walmart as a greeter handing out smiley stickers to kids. So in 2 years when I renew, I should have no problem with the standard passport as I will not be traveling much at all. The wait is tough, you just keep yourself busy and think positive. I'm looking forward to be able to post in the 200 day plus thread..... LOL not, but I will be posting there the way things are looking.

The number of pages must be requested at the time of application.

Applicants who need additional pages in their valid passports must obtain a new passport by mail. Applicants within the United States may choose a 28-page or 52-page book.

YMMV

Timeline
54 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Applicants who need additional pages in their valid passports must obtain a new passport by mail. Applicants within the United States may choose a 28-page or 52-page book.

That's good to know. I heard they had stopped issuing the large book. I'll have to see if I can find where I read that, but I'll go big on the next one just in case.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
1 hour ago, payxibka said:

I double checked, and it looks like you just cannot add additional pages to the passports anymore. And from what I read on the application, unless you list a job that requires frequent travel, it is up to the processor if you get the large book, but that is a stretch, I don't see why they wouldn't give you the 52 if you request it. Below is the link to no additional pages.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/passport-extra-pages_us_56682be9e4b009377b2305bd

Currently the choice between 24 and 52 pages is at the discretion of the passport office. If that's your very first passport and unless you just started a career that requires frequent travel abroad, you're very unlikely to either get or need the 52-page variant.

So i should be good, in a few years when I renew I will almost have my large book full, so since you have to send in your old passport to renew, they will see I used a bunch of the pages and should give me the Large book.

So that's good to know, thanks for checking that out. I was just being lazy putting that off, but now I have something to research to pass the time while waiting for approval. I just enjoy the thud my passport makes at the POE officers desk, and as they search for the next page to stamp LOL.

Edited by Loren Y

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Bio page only. That’s all they ask for. Don’t let people fool you into thinking you sent something wrong. You’re good. Your only issue is having the patience to wait out the long haul to NOA2. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
15 hours ago, bakphx1 said:

Plus, passport pages have no header, so there's no way to know if the photocopied  pages are yours or your Aunt Agatha's. 

UNIMPORTANT SIDE NOTE:

Really? That's so cool. In Singapore, the authorities burn the passport number onto the top of every page. I never thought to see the rest of every page. I'm gonna harass my (future-)hubby's passport first thing when I go home this summer. :D

p/s: I'm with the photocopy-of-every-page-in-the-petitioner's-passport-is-unnecessary crew. I'm no expert, however, my hubby didn't even send a photocopy of his passport's biometrics page with our petition. At that time, it was lying in some unknown and mysterious area of the house.

16 hours ago, duckrabbit said:

Hi all!

New here. I live in California and my lovely fiancé is in Melbourne, Australia. We filed our I-129f in January and received our NOA1 on January 19th. I've managed to stay mostly calm for the past few months, but the little anxieties are kicking in as I get more and more impatient for our NOA2. I've read some posts on here and I saw that most people mention sending in a copy of the petitioner's ENTIRE passport as proof of US Citizenship - and now I'm trying not to freak out because all I sent in was the one bio/photo page of mine with our petition. Will we receive a RFE because of this? Is this something that could cause us to be denied? I can't seem to find a clear answer and I feel so stupid for not photocopying the whole thing.

Also, if we haven't received an RFE by now (it's been about 4 months...) does that mean we probably won't receive one?

Thanks for easing my fears! :wacko:

I never copied pages of my passport just the front bio/photo and I got my approval NOA2 on April 9,218 I was an October 2017 filer. It took me 6 months to wait for the approval and that is usually a normal time frame. Nothing to worry about that part if they need more info from you they won’t deny you but they will send you a RFE.

19 hours ago, bakphx1 said:

There's some disagreement among the members here on that point.  I'm firmly in the camp that says that the bio page is all you need.  The rest of the the info isn't germane to what they are doing with the info. 

I included the bio page and I added the stamps with documentation of our trips together in a separate section. So my personal experience isn't proof positive. A lot of people use their experience as a guide, but we never get feedback on what USCIS found superfluous. 

I've read VJ very regularly for over a year I've seen a lot of people's questions and experiences with RFE's.  Never seen one for not including all pages of a passport.  I personally don't know what they could glean from it.  They have acces to a lot of information without them.  Plus, passport pages have no header, so there's no way to know if the photocopied  pages are yours or your Aunt Agatha's. 

Not a point to worry about.  

Really? I've never looked that closely at my Fiance's American passport but my (Australian) one shows the passport number on all the pages

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
30 minutes ago, dazed'nconfused said:

Really? I've never looked that closely at my Fiance's American passport but my (Australian) one shows the passport number on all the pages

Nope, nothing there.  Kind of surprising.  But, the page numbers are there to reveal tampering.  I guess if anyone wants to review your stamps, they use the live passport. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
20 hours ago, bakphx1 said:

There's some disagreement among the members here on that point.  I'm firmly in the camp that says that the bio page is all you need.  The rest of the the info isn't germane to what they are doing with the info. 

I included the bio page and I added the stamps with documentation of our trips together in a separate section. So my personal experience isn't proof positive. A lot of people use their experience as a guide, but we never get feedback on what USCIS found superfluous. 

I've read VJ very regularly for over a year I've seen a lot of people's questions and experiences with RFE's.  Never seen one for not including all pages of a passport.  I personally don't know what they could glean from it.  They have acces to a lot of information without them.  Plus, passport pages have no header, so there's no way to know if the photocopied  pages are yours or your Aunt Agatha's. 

Not a point to worry about.  

It seems to depend on the passport. We photocopied every page. His Kenyan passport had those tiny punched numbers on each page, so it was obvious it was his. Mine had visa stickers for Kenya, when I went to see him plus the requisite stamps etc...

If the passport stamps tell a story of your travels together, why not put it in. However, we did get a RFE on another matter (not adding the words within 90 days of arrival to get married). We took the opportunity to add the rest of the travels so as to front load the petition.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
On 5/14/2018 at 11:35 AM, NYCruiser said:

It seems to depend on the passport. We photocopied every page. His Kenyan passport had those tiny punched numbers on each page, so it was obvious it was his. Mine had visa stickers for Kenya, when I went to see him plus the requisite stamps etc...

If the passport stamps tell a story of your travels together, why not put it in. However, we did get a RFE on another matter (not adding the words within 90 days of arrival to get married). We took the opportunity to add the rest of the travels so as to front load the petition.

oh if for proof of prior meeting within two years of applying for K1, as the USC who travelled to meet the beneficiary, you should photocopy all the pages. or at least photocopy the stamped pages, stapled to plane tickets. and other proof such as photos taken together~

if as proof of residency, i'm still with the photocopy-of-all-pages-in-the-passport-is-completely-unnecessary squad.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.