sereia

internet dating

Online dating...  

212 members have voted

1. 1. If you and your SO met online, what kind of website did you meet?

• Dating website
    • Myspace, Friendster, or FaceBook
    • a message board of some kind, please explain
    • other, please explain.

106 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

yahoo chatroom, was the first time i learned how to use the chatroom, was bored waiting for ex-bf, (current bf that time), to get online and mend a rocky relationship, then randomly click on a room, he pm me, i pm him back... he's funny and interesting, he thinks i was funny too...we became friends, then we started dating online... :)

"do what it takes..." by A&G

para sa karagdagang larawan at mga detalye ng aming paglalakbay...

My IMMIGRATION, POE, CFO and INTERVIEW Experience

when love is real,

it defies all reasons...

when love is true,

it ignores all pains...

when love is great,

it waits, it persists, and lingers forever...

K3 VISA

California Service Center - Texas Service Center - Manila US Embassy

August 2007 - filed I130

September 2007 - filed I129F

April 24, 2008 - interview and VISA APPROVED!

May 02, 2008 - visa in hand, had the CFO stamping done at once, bought ticket online...

May 03, 2008 - flew to US to be with stinky love...

July 22, 2008 - Sent AOS Package to CHICAGO Lockbox

July 24, 2008 - received package

July 29, 2008 - NOA for AOS and EAD

Aug 01, 2008 - Touched....

Oct 01, 2008 - Received EAD

still waiting on AOS

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

This is gonna sound bonkers but we can't remember. He can't remember and I can't remember. We went back to our archives to try and figure out how we started talking. He says that he was praying for God to send him a wife. Since I was praying for a stable husband, maybe that's what happened. It's wierd because we were sort of drawn to each other. We both have emails to each other saying, it's cool talking to you but I'm not interested. Then we'd be chatting onling the next day. I don't know why we just kept going back to each other. We connected somehow. And talked about everything and anything. For hours and hours and hours. So we finally gave in to fate or karma or God. Whatever it was that wanted us to be together. We filed the petition when we realized that I wouldn't be very happy living in Africa right now. (spoiled american brat! :innocent: ) It's huge to me that he's coming here, because he was very very hesitant. He really didn't want to leave his family and everything that he is familiar with. We even talked about living elsewhere in Africa before we settled on this. This may be temporary, but it's easier to make a decision when you're together.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I replied to a post he had on penpalsnow.com. He replied to my message. Things got kinda crazy from there. :blush:

PJ

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

www.plentyoffish.com

To Blessed to be stressed:) I realize that all things have a purpose and a time.....have faith and the Lord Almighty will provide... when the time is right, he NEVER fails!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My husband and me met on yahoo chat , last 2004 , and I remembered we lost in touch for 5 months and then all of sudden he emailed me and asking if i still remember him , and telling he dont want me to think he was a lie , hahaha, what do u expect in internet . But i get to know him and fell in love as days goes by.

I was at work, and found something I had been looking for years in our company's intranet. Half of the material was missing though, but I found the name of the guy who had written it. So I searched the name (and managed to find hte correct one with that name) and dropped a chat after thinking about it for nearly a week. And then just continued chatting..

USAn Suomalaisten Foorumi <-- online place for the Finnish in US

Blog

938 days to get K-3.

AOS approved on day 1304.

Nicholas and I met on a similar game as World of Warcraft...called "City of Heroes" in late 2005. He made a very unusual and funny character and it caught my eye as I was running by and I messaged him.

We would always say hi whenever each other was online and he always made me laugh.

For a few months, he didn't log on the game, he had a girlfriend at the time, so we didn't see much of each other.

In the spring of 2006, I saw him logged on after a long time of not and we started talking...we teamed together and just hung out. We ended up staying up talking all night, asking each other questions to learn more about each other.

Shortly after that, a girlfriend and I decided to take a trip and she picked NYC. I knew that Nick lived in NJ and so I proposed that we meet for a coffee or a drink. He declined because he knew there was a definite spark between us and he was still involved with his then girlfriend.

The minute I got home from that July 06 trip to NYC, we talked every day, all the time. His relationship ended and I finally moved out of the house I had been living in with my husband (We had been living separate under the same roof for over 6 months)

We were both reluctant to continue because of how soon we were both out of relationships but it was inevitable......we had already fallen :)

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Another member of the 'not looking for romance....it just happened' club!

We met on a gaming/chat site called The Zone, we chatted over a game of cribbage. Then every time we were both online we would PM each other and end up chatting hours. It very quickly turned to email then phone calls and the rest is history (L)

Jen

Removing of Conditions Timeline

05/29/2007 - Sent package to NSC

05/31/2007 - Package received by NSC

06/01/2007 - Date on NOA (1 day after they received our package!)

06/11/2007 - NOA and Biometrics notice received via snail-mail

06/21/2007 - Biometrics taken

04/03/2008 - Transferred to CSC

05/14/2008 - Approved (notified via email)

05/21/2008 - Card received

• 1 month later...
I met my husband on yahoo chat room while working for my thesis at school.Both of us talked about History.

TexaswithLove

I-751 Removal of Condition Time line:

06/01/2009--Sent Documents (VSC)

06/04/2009--Delivered @ 3:30pm per USPS website

06/10/2009--Check Cashed

06/13/2009--Received NOA/Extension Letter ( dated 06/05/2009)

06/22/2009--Biometrics Appointment letter received(dated 06/16/2009)

07/07/2009--Original Date for my Biometrics Schedule

07/02/2009--Received Cancellation Notice for my original biometrics appointment

07/16/2009--New Biometrics Schedule Received (dated 06/26/2009)

10/24/2009--Received Letter of Approval, Date of Decision 10/20/2009

11/06/2009--Finally received my 10 year Green Card in the mail

N-400 Application for Naturalization Timeline:

10/22/2011-- Sent Documents ( USCIS Dallas Lockbox Facility)

10/24/2011-- Documents delivered @ 12:05pm per USPS website

10/28/2011-- Check Cashed

10/31/2011-- Received NOA. Priority date 10/24/11

11/03/2011-- Received Biometric Appointment Letter. Scheduled to appear for 11/17/2011

11/17/2011-- Biometrics Completed!

11/28/2011-- Got Text/Email,Placed in line for interview scheduling

11/29/2011-- Got text/email interview scheduled

01/19/2012-- Interview Date, PASSED

02/13/2012-- Got text/email, placed in oath scheduling que

03/28/2012-- Oath Ceremony @ 8:30 AM (I'm so proud to be American)

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

British music magazine, NME, chat room

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Yahoo! game.

Both regs in the same room. Her alias intrigued me so I asked her about it.

A short time after that we started chatting.

Bang! (That's the sound of two people hitting it off). :-D

Colin

Me and Hubby met in an online support group chat room for people who suffer from depression, we were both going thru a pretty rough time. I was anti-men having just been thru a really bad breakup. Neither of us had ever been in a chat room before and we joined up on the same day. We hit it off right from the first hello. I was in denial for months about how I felt about him "he's just a friend" I told myself "He's 13 years older than me an lives on the other side of the world, nothing could ever happen between us" :lol: 6 months later we started chatting on msn and accidentally confessed our love for each other (neither of us had ever intended to tell the other one how we felt) :lol:

Funny how things work out :P

Dance like no one's watching

Sing like no one's listening

Love like you've never been hurt

And live like it's heaven on earth.

.png

.png

new_zealand_fb_mw.gifunited_states_fb_mw.gif