sereia

internet dating

Online dating...  

212 members have voted

1. 1. If you and your SO met online, what kind of website did you meet?

• Dating website
    • Myspace, Friendster, or FaceBook
    • a message board of some kind, please explain
    • other, please explain.

106 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
We were both looking for a permanent relationship at the time and didn't know how else to meet people our age.

It was the same for us :thumbs:

We met at Single Christian Network. We're actually featured on their testimonial page :blush:

http://www.singlec.com/scnendor2.htm

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

We met on ICQ in 2001. Something like I had changed my profile to include the German language after starting a German course at my university. I had several random Germans message me after that and my husband just happened to be one of them. Rest is bizarre history.

Filed: Timeline

Muslim matrimony site. Not a dating site per se, but I think it is much like any "dating" site.

I didn't get out enough to meet many people, but I wanted someone to share my life with. So I took the search online, although I didn't seriously think I would find my partner there. It was a version of "when you least expect it." I was sincere in wanting a partner, but I thought I was wasting some time and getting an ego boost (I guess many people don't respond back, so it's a numbers game for some people, send enough invitations and you get more responses, right? So I was getting sent lots of those feelers from random people).

I talked to several people from the US, a couple other places, and Morocco. I guess I was a little jaded in my thinking. I thought nothing of it when I saw he was from Morocco. Didn't think it would stick. Perhaps if I thought I would really find a good match online, I might have initially told him, "I'm sorry, that's too complicated for me." It is kind of complicated, but I don't regret it. We did java chat from the website, moved to msn, added skype, then webcam.

And here we are.

BT

Edited by balmytigeress

If I cause offense it is not on purpose, think about that before you take offense. If you feel offended, consider that maybe I'm not talking about you and maybe I accidentally stumbled onto a sore area and do not know. Thank you.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Scott-I looked at the link you posted. You're famous! :P:D

(sorry for those who have read this story a bajillion times :innocent: )

We met on AOL instant messenger. Not in a chat room. To think of that freaks me out, to think if I never replied to his first IM. I was on AOL IM to talk to real life friends who moved away to college, etc. I never thought I'd marry someone I met on there. I was not looking for someone on the internet.

It was random but not completely random. I had put Christianity as one of my interests, so when Suj searched for new people to talk to, he put in that the interest would be Christianity, and that's how he found my screen name(along with lots of other screen names).

So I still find it amazing that out of all the names that would have appeared in that search, he sent me a message. My screen name was non gender so he didn't know if I was a guy or girl. He wasn't looking for love online either, just for conversation about Christianity. I definitely think God brought us together, and He brings people together in all sorts of ways.

Edited by stina&suj

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

http://www.isketch.net

its a gamesite... like pictionary online... there is a specialized room for those who really take the time to draw well... its not about actually trying to guess quickly, but about admiring someones artistic ability... i would hang in there with several of my online buds... i thought he was very talented... loved watching him draw... after a while, we started chatting on msgr... and the rest is history

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Games.com before it changed

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Add me to the "wasn't looking for romance, it just happened" list. We met at a penpal website called penpal.net. I was just bored and looking for some interesting emails. He had posted a profile basically because he is a travelwhore and was hoping to meet people from around the world and have an excuse to visit their country :lol: I had done one long distance relationship before and had NEVER wanted to have to deal with that again; he had never planned on living in the States. And here we are, almost 3 years later.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

other......

freaky circumstances:

we met on Camfrog- (chat program) a friend of mine from Costa Rica told me about it, so I visited the site, and downloaded the program, looked around for about an hour, & found out it was about 90% perverts with webcams!!! i was getting all kinds of PMs, and blocking people left and right-I had had enough. so, i was just about to delete the program when my hubby PM'd me. (no dirty talk! it was his BIRTHDAY :luv: and he was lonely!) His smile was genuine, his eyes were green & intense, and his conversation was sincere and interesting!!so......

I deleted the Camfrog *i dont recommend it *, and we moved over to Yahoo msng & MSN. We dated for a year and a half, and I wasn't sure I was ever gonna make it to Egypt, but I did it and I couldn't be more delighted!

{{cue the sappy love music}}

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

We met in a chatroom on ICQ in 2001. We were friends for ages til we had a yahoo voice conference and he kept making me say certain words over n over cos he loved my accent.

Ahhh another one hooked n reeled in with the accent :P

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

We met on cupidjunction.com :thumbs: we started as a friend and here we are a forever bestfriend.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Naturalization

Aug. 05, 2009......sent N-400

Aug. 06, 2009......delivered at 11:45

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Sept.01, 2009.....biometric appointment

Sept.12, 2009.....rcved interview letter

Oct. 19, 2009.....date of interview....passed!!!!!

Nov. 18, 2009.....Oath Ceremony...yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We met in an online game, Star Wars Galaxies. I was not a Star Wars fan whatsoever, but a friend had gotten me into the game, and I ended up being hooked. One day we just came across each other and started chatting. Neither of us was looking for anyone at the time, but once we met in person two months later, we knew that we were meant to be together. Four months later, we married and started the immigration process two months after that, and here we are today!! :dance::dance::dance:

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We met on a Muslim Marriage Site. Global Rishda. I had been on other sites and actually I wanted to see what was possible. I wanted someone who already was established in US. But he ignored that and responded. We began talking on MSN and Yahoo. Web cam and someitmes phone because at that time he was in Pakistan. But when he went to UK we spoke by phone every day. Now it has been over 2 and !/2 years going on three. He got the visa , will be here in USA in late June.

I still cant beleive it, after all this time of wanting to be together it still seems like a dream. Im very happy and I am ready, no second thoughts ever. We will never forget our journey to get to this point.

Truth of Palestine

take time to watch , give yourself time to understand. Then make your conclusions.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676280059

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=242259905