2,309 posts in this topic

Has anyone given any serious thoughts to how much of a monkey wrench the holidays are going to mess (thats not my choice word there) things up?

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, Janique pine said:

Nice!!!  My fiancé said he doesn’t want me to come for the interview he just wants me to come get him when the time is right which I hope Is January 

I understand that. I would just feel better being there with him and I read sometimes they like to see the petitioner there. Not sure if that's true but me being there can't hurt.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello everyone. A fellow May filer here, fingers crossed our day is coming soon. I was hoping that someone may be able to point me in the right direction for what I need to prepare for in terms of next steps when the NAO2 eventually comes through? My fiancé is in the US & I'm in the UK (London). THX so much.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Has anyone given any serious thoughts to how much of a monkey wrench the holidays are going to mess (thats not my choice word there) things up?

Yesss, that's another thing I've been thinking about. I'm hoping that if we get our NOA 2 soon then maybe we can at least schedule the appointments before the holidays.

9 minutes ago, Janique pine said:

Nice!!!  My fiancé said he doesn’t want me to come for the interview he just wants me to come get him when the time is right which I hope Is January 

I'm liking your wishful thinking.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

It would be all nice for us to be through before the holiday season kicks in,  but I caution you don't set the bar to high.

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

It would be all nice for us to be through before the holiday season kicks in,  but I caution you don't set the bar to high.

I'm trying not to at this point I'm just ready to get our NOA2 and at least be able to schedule his medical and interview appointments.

2 minutes ago, NicholeT said:

I'm trying not to at this point I'm just ready to get our NOA2 and at least be able to schedule his medical and interview appointments.

Of course I feel ya and I'm right there in your thinking.

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

I'm liking your wishful thinking.

Yeah what more can I do but stay positive 

21 minutes ago, NicholeT said:

I understand that. I would just feel better being there with him and I read sometimes they like to see the petitioner there. Not sure if that's true but me being there can't hurt.

Feel the same way !

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Charlotte&Cam said:

Hello everyone. A fellow May filer here, fingers crossed our day is coming soon. I was hoping that someone may be able to point me in the right direction for what I need to prepare for in terms of next steps when the NAO2 eventually comes through? My fiancé is in the US & I'm in the UK (London). THX so much.

Hey hey fellow Brit! 

The ever so amazing @Greenbaum created the below page to assist with NOA2 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have a question, I am going to visit my fiancee in a few weeks and hoping we get NOA2 while I am there. I was going to try and bring as much paperwork as possible for the interview. I am filling out the I-134 and it shows that it expires 11/30/2018. Does anyone know how to get a new version or do I have to wait until 12/1 to get it? 

3 minutes ago, brener69 said:

I have a question, I am going to visit my fiancee in a few weeks and hoping we get NOA2 while I am there. I was going to try and bring as much paperwork as possible for the interview. I am filling out the I-134 and it shows that it expires 11/30/2018. Does anyone know how to get a new version or do I have to wait until 12/1 to get it? 

Check the USCIS website even though a lot of forms may expire they often do not have a new version, but they will accept the expired version until a certain date. Just check the web site and they will tell you if you can continue to use the form or not.

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, BritishG said:

Hey hey fellow Brit! 

10 minutes ago, BritishG said:

Hey hey fellow Brit! 

@BritishG Thank you so much - really helpful. I shall take a look!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Charlotte&Cam said:

@BritishG Thank you so much - really helpful. I shall take a look!

Ready for this step. Dont we have to wait 2 weeks for it to do something?? Then start calling for #, then 5 more days for embassy to give it another #? Our embassy is jamaica.  Help @greenbaum

sign.PNG.b922fef6121115fdcfcbe7f78ae9039a.PNG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.