1,450 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline
On 5/24/2018 at 7:28 PM, JayeBird said:

My husband applied and received his 10 days after but this can differ depending on the state you live. 

Hey there, just one question, did you husband apply for SSN after you got married or before? Today I was advised by Social Security Administration that once you get married, you fall under K3 category, which means that SSN will be issued after EAD approval. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SonaMartirosyan said:

Hey there, just one question, did you husband apply for SSN after you got married or before? Today I was advised by Social Security Administration that once you get married, you fall under K3 category, which means that SSN will be issued after EAD approval. 

Before. 

So, he applied and one employee told us that we need to get married first BUT I totally ignored what she said and went back to the SAME OFFICE a week later  and dealt with another employee that processed the application. I told them what happened a week earlier and all he said was " I am sorry but you don't need to get married first all you need is a valid i94 and passport with K1 visa.

I say all of this because  apparently some  SS workers are  unclear how to handle K1 visa applicants.....  maybe try another office.??.... as far as I know your  visa category remains the same until you apply for adjustment of status. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, JayeBird said:

Before. 

So, he applied and one employee told us that we need to get married first BUT I totally ignored what she said and went back to the SAME OFFICE a week later  and dealt with another employee that processed the application. I told them what happened a week earlier and all he said was " I am sorry but you don't need to get married first all you need is a valid i94 and passport with K1 visa.

I say all of this because  apparently some  SS workers are  unclear how to handle K1 visa applicants.....  maybe try another office.??.... as far as I know your  visa category remains the same until you apply for adjustment of status. 

Thank you for the response. Yeah, totally agree with you! The thing is every time I call them, they give different justification on why my SSN issue is delayed. Yesterday it was because of the change of the system, ans they are in the process of exporting data, today was the EAD, will call tomorrow to see what else they can say!

2 hours ago, Tomalley said:

Anyone sent out with USPS? My package is still nowhere. They have to take two or three days to investigate. God, I just can’t believe this happened. What I should do now? I guess I just have to wait. It is really a bad bad bad luck. Honestly, I will never use USPS again in my life. They sucks ! 

We used USPS, it got there in 2 days.

we really liked it because it was cheap and fast, my husband used ups the last time and it was expensive :(

I hope they find your package soon. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 5/18/2018 at 3:03 PM, EFGH2017 said:

Did anyone pay by credit card with the G-1450? Wondering if there are horror stories...

Did mine and no issues came thru abt 3 weeks after paperwork was sent. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello all my husband did his AOS paperwork with green card May 3rd was the acceptance date. His biometric appt is June 5th. Hope this work permit happens sooner rather than later. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Nicolenpaul said:

Did mine and no issues came thru abt 3 weeks after paperwork was sent. 

Thanks! You received your NOA 1 before that though? Good luck with the work permit. That's our main focus right now too!

13 hours ago, Diana & Justin said:

We used USPS, it got there in 2 days.

we really liked it because it was cheap and fast, my husband used ups the last time and it was expensive :(

I hope they find your package soon. 

I was stupid to send it out on Wednesday I guess.... last time we used USPS and it arrived in 2 days...  bad luck 

Did anyone include photographs of your wedding in the AOS package? I have the bare bones but seems lack compared to the K1 package :jest:

Congrats @Diana & Justin!! When was your packet received at USCIS? Ours was delivered on 05/24 still waiting anxiously :unsure:

AOS:

05/23/2018:     Sent in all four forms.

10/10/2018:     Interview at Detroit Field Office - Green Card Approved.

11/10/2018:     Green Card Received (Starting CPR 10/15/2018)

ROC:

07/24/2020:     Packet sent.

03/25/2021:     ROC Approved

03/29/2021:     Green Card Received

N-400:

07/17/2021:     Online Submission. NOA and Bio Reused 07/17.
10/20/2021:     Interview Scheduled for 12/03

01/12/2022:     Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.