1,901 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
45 minutes ago, alloy-K said:

Just an update on our case: Called NVC, they said they received our documents(AOS/IV) May 21. Said to allow 6 weeks for them to review.

USPS delivered our documents May 17.

NVC said they received them on May 21.

So, that's 2 days (not counting the weekend) for them to acknowledge they received our documents. I'm hoping it'll only take 1 week for them to review our documents, not 6!

They certainly don't like to keep us informed! They just sent me an email telling me about something I found out on the phone a week ago. Ah well. 

Good luck and a speedy review! 

Nebraska Service Centre / Frankfurt Embassy

2016/03/30 - Married!

2017/07/14 - Sent off our I-130 packet to the Chicago Lockbox (Filed from abroad)

2017/07/24 - NOA1 (sent to Nebraska)

2018/03/02 - NOA2 (Approved!)

2018/03/19 - "We sent your petition to the Department of State"

2018/03/23 - NVC received petition

2018/05/17 - Case# received and fees paid

2018/05/21 - Case# changed -- can't log in with the new one so "we've sent in a 'ticket' to get it fixed"

2018/05/22 - Scan date. Ticket worked, submitted all our paperwork until the wee hours of the morning. 

2018/06/11 - CC!!! "Documentarily Qualified"

2018/06/25 - Got interview date for July 11; but we must reschedule for August. 

2018/06/26 - Medical

2018/06/28 - New interview date received (for August 13th)

2018/08/13 - Interview in Frankfurt!!! They asked for certified translations.

2018/08/28 - Sent in translations

2018/09/06 - CEAC status changed to "ISSUED!!!"

2018/09/13 - Passport received in the mail! Everything is beautiful.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Elrona said:

Where exactly will you move in Colorado? Our home will also be there and as much as I've visited, its beautiful. Mountaints though, not a big fan of flat lands in eastern side :D 

We will be in Denver on the SW side :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline
2 hours ago, qianl said:

FINALLY!!!! March 29 rcv date got case number today yay!!!

one step closer ... now more waiting lol

atlesst this part will go a little faster then the other stuff 

Oh congrats! We have also 29th of March but just called today and no luck yet.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 hours ago, Elrona said:

Oh congrats! We have also 29th of March but just called today and no luck yet.

Did they at least ask for the names and birthdate or hint that they are entered your stuff into the system? That’s how I knew it was coming close 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline
1 hour ago, qianl said:

Did they at least ask for the names and birthdate or hint that they are entered your stuff into the system? That’s how I knew it was coming close 

No :( So i guess ours will go past the 8 week mark.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Norway said:

A little update on our case. We got our case number on Friday the 18th after we had called and gotten the answer that they didn't know when we would get our case number. Payed the fees immediately and they cleared on Monday from our bank. On Tuesday the 22nd at night the fees got changed to PAID and we could submit our documents but we weren't expecting them to open up this fast so we didn't have the papers from our joint-sponsor all finished. Submitted everything this morning before NVC opened. Crossing my fingers for a quick CC and an interview so I can be with my husband on our anniversary:energy:

We got all our stuff submitted before they opened this morning, too! So I am pretty much exactly right with you. :) Hopefully they look at our cases today and CC lol. I know that won't happen, but I'll be logging in 15 times a day to check anyway.

Congratulations!

2016/03/30 - Married!

2017/07/14 - Sent off our I-130 packet to the Chicago Lockbox (Filed from abroad)

2018/05/21 - Case# changed -- can't log in with the new one so "we've sent in a 'ticket' to get it fixed"

2018/05/22 - Scan date. Ticket worked, submitted all our paperwork until the wee hours of the morning. 

2018/06/26 - Medical

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
Just now, jesserz said:

We got all our stuff submitted before they opened this morning, too! So I am pretty much exactly right with you. :) Hopefully they look at our cases today and CC lol. I know that won't happen, but I'll be logging in 15 times a day to check anyway.

Congratulations!

Haha yes wouldn't that be wonderful! I hope they get a log for how many times we login everyday and bump us to the top;) There was so many papers so I just hope I didn't mess something up!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, jesserz said:

Congratulations!

My prediction for you both is cc end of next week but three more weeks for interview date ....if my theory is correct ....haha which would mean my interview date notice will be end of next week....I feel like this is a baby pool sometimes haha guessing the date and weight hahah

Timeline
3 minutes ago, kendraf said:

My prediction for you both is cc end of next week but three more weeks for interview date ....if my theory is correct ....haha which would mean my interview date notice will be end of next week....I feel like this is a baby pool sometimes haha guessing the date and weight hahah

I'll gladly take that. It is so much like that. It's a visa pool. And the prize is relief. Can you imagine what the relief is going to be like when it's finally finished? 

Are we one of the first "generations" of the PIVOT case system? Because I can't find very much info on it when I search visajourney. 

2016/03/30 - Married!

2018/06/26 - Medical

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Norway said:

Haha yes wouldn't that be wonderful! I hope they get a log for how many times we login everyday and bump us to the top;) There was so many papers so I just hope I didn't mess something up!

Yes! That sounds perfectly logical. 

I already did mess something up. I just noticed my birth certificate is upside down (I'm the petitioner, not the beneficiary so it isn't a required document, but I uploaded it anyway) I wonder if I should just upload it again right-side up... Hm...

2016/03/30 - Married!

2018/06/26 - Medical

Timeline
5 minutes ago, jesserz said:

I'll gladly take that. It is so much like that. It's a visa pool. And the prize is relief. Can you imagine what the relief is going to be like when it's finally finished? 

Are we one of the first "generations" of the PIVOT case system? Because I can't find very much info on it when I search visajourney. 

My husband and I went out to celebrate last night for our cc. Now there is literally nothing to do but wait. No more uploads or worried we missed something haha it is a nice mini relief for now!! I can't wait to be fully done this part and live a normal life for a bit lol 

Pretty sure that is correct! It is a new system and countries are switching over. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.