TBoneTX

October 2017 I-129F Filers, Part III

2,306 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Marlz1844 said:

I do not post on here often. The last time I posted I informed you guys that I received NOA2 and I was going to cancel the case because my fiancé did something that he wasn't supposed to do. We've decided to work through it and stick it out.

So our case is as follows:

NOA2: 4/16/18

NVC Received Case: 4/18/18

Case # Assigned: 5/7/18

Case Left NVC: 5/9/18

Consulate Received case: 5/10/18

I am so surprised that it is going so fast. Should we wait until the consulate reach out to us?

Glad to see that you decided to work things out... I wanted to ask you why NVC took so long to assign you a number when they received your case so fast?? Good luck with the rest of your process and I hope that God will help both you and your fiance to be faithful to each other and keep the promises (vows) that you are going to make to each other

52 minutes ago, HTMW said:

Aaaaawwww thank you 😘😘😘😘, I'm hoping for good news but prepared for no news... 

❤️❤️❤️

Haven't forgotten about you... I'm hoping to be able to say congratulations to you soon... I pray for both of us and others but funny thing is everytime I pray I be like, "God please remember HT... umm you know the one on visa journey"

LOL I either get the letters mixed up or can't remember the other 2 letters of your name!

2 minutes ago, DonAnn said:

Glad to see that you decided to work things out... I wanted to ask you why NVC took so long to assign you a number when they received your case so fast?? Good luck with the rest of your process and I hope that God will help both you and your fiance to be faithful to each other and keep the promises (vows) that you are going to make to each other

I am not sure why. I figured that I should wait at least two weeks before contacting NVC. I contacted them 5/8/18, and the rep said the number was assigned 5/718. Later that day, I received an email saying that our case was in transit to the consulate.

1 minute ago, DonAnn said:

Haven't forgotten about you... I'm hoping to be able to say congratulations to you soon... I pray for both of us and others but funny thing is everytime I pray I be like, "God please remember HT... umm you know the one on visa journey"

LOL I either get the letters mixed up or can't remember the other 2 letters of your name!

Im sure very soon!!! you get your approval!!!! (L)

33 minutes ago, Marlz1844 said:

I am not sure why. I figured that I should wait at least two weeks before contacting NVC. I contacted them 5/8/18, and the rep said the number was assigned 5/718. Later that day, I received an email saying that our case was in transit to the consulate.

Oh ok. If 5/7/18 was two weeks after your approval then that was definitely good. I believe beneficiary is in Jamaica too so please let me know about evrything... how long it's taking to get interview scheduled, medical appointment, police report, and even DHL services. Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
45 minutes ago, DonAnn said:

😂😂 thank you DonAnn!!! Thinking of you  and we will get there soon enough!!! ❤️❤️

1 hour ago, DonAnn said:

Oh ok. If 5/7/18 was two weeks after your approval then that was definitely good. I believe beneficiary is in Jamaica too so please let me know about evrything... how long it's taking to get interview scheduled, medical appointment, police report, and even DHL services. Thanks

I will definitely do that. The next step is to wait for the packet from the embassy I believe. We’re gathering the documents at the moment, first being the police report.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
7 hours ago, JoshMiki said:

Approved!!!

Took the hard way by having a very poor initial package (hence the NOID) but with the help of this website and its members we were ready for it and have endured the 202 day wait. So excited for the next stages.

I haven't very active in the forums but the daily updates and messages of encouragement and support from everyone here have been a godsend. My best wishes to those still waiting, hang in there. Your time is soon and it will be worth the wait!

Filed - Oct 20

NOID - April 17

RFE received - April 30

NOA2 - May 9

Notified via the new website

First congratulations!  

What is th enew website? What is the URL? Thanks! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Albert V said:

So I got a call back from USCIS today ( the wait time was only 67 minutes :o).  I took the call while I was on video conference with my fiance.  The tier 2 rep got on the phone and I was expecting the usual "your case is within the 5-7 month processing time" speech.  However, I was advised that my case had been and I quote "ordered approved" on May 9th.  Both my fiance and I were in shock and very happy at the same time.:jest::D I had always pictured me calling her to deliver the news or sending her a screen shot of the case approved notice, but never like this.

Then the rep said it would take a few days for the official letter to arrive.   I guess we can consider this a silent NOA2 as both websites still say case received.  No text or email either.

NOA1 Oct 25th

NOA2 May 9th

Timeline updated.

I wish for everyone still waiting a prompt approval.  As I said in a previous post, resilience and strength is key.  May 2018 NVC thread here I come!  Did anyone start a thread yet?

Congratulations!!!! 🎉 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 minutes ago, 4A2 said:

First congratulations!  

What is th enew website? What is the URL? Thanks! 

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Marlz1844 said:

You can contact the Embassy via email, requesting the Packet 3. Include your wac # and case #.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 hours ago, EllyNelly said:

I feel this... Our upcoming wedding is about to make me sick... My family knows way too many people.. Im expecting 300 or more 😔 our venue doesn't know it yet and we are the first Nigerians to have it there 😔 

:o Sounds like it's going to be one of the weddings of the year :D! I'm actually glad I'm doing it in the States I think I'm gonna get away with less than 100 people! Which is small considering I'm Indian and he's Mexican :P

On that note... anyone going to post pics of their weddings up here? and or has anyone thought about Live HD streaming for those people that can't make it?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.