Life_love

ATL Field office Filers?

614 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Well from what I learnt Atlanta office is extremely busy and still backlogged, so they had a directive to send some cases to nearby offices to speed up. I went to interview on 26 of August, left a day before, spent night in a hotel. It was the shortest interview in my life, quick civics test, then verified some dates and names in application and got immediately approved. Small office, wonderful helpful and nice people, officer was a really nice gentlemen, smiled, was very professional and supportive. I think its random whice cases they sent out, but its only 1.5 - 2 hour drive and from my location it would take almost the same amount of time to get to Atlanta on a busy day.

I also think that small office in Greer would take a bit longer to schedule oath ceremony, they would try to gather as many people as they can. And yes, for oath you should go back to Greer. 

You can try to relocate back to Atlanta but it would just delay the process. They send to the officer physical paper folders with all the documents you have ever submit to them, mine was like an inch thick. 

Officer almost didnt look at any of my documents but asked if I owe taxes and wanted to see 2018 tax return, I didnt have it printed but I submitted it to uscis portal and officer pulled it from there, checked and moved forward to next question.

So I was out in 30 minutes with approval sheet.

Shawn and Olga married in Russia May 7th 2013

IR-1 process

USCIS:

6/11/2015: Filed I-130 petition

6/13/2015: Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

6/15/2015: Petition is accepted by USCIS (California)

6/17/2015: NOA1 received via email/text

6/23/2015: NOA1 received via mail

8/18/2015: USCIS approved petition online - 63 days from NOA 1

8/22/2015: NOA2 received via mail

NVC:

9/8/2015: NVC received the case

9/22/2015: got case number and invoice number via phone

9/22/2015: submitted DS-261 Choice of agent

9/22/2015: paid AOS fee $120 - IN PROCESS

9/24/2015: AOS fee shows PAID

9/28/2015: NVC Welcome Letter is received (issued on Sept 21st)

10/1/2015: AOS package sent to NVC

10/5/2015: AOS package delivered to NVC

10/5/2015: SCAN DATE for AOS package

10/6/2015: confirmed DS-261 over the phone

10/7/2015: email from NVC - husband is chosen as agent and IV fee is invoiced

10/8/2015: paid IV fee $325 - IN PROCESS

10/8/015: IV package sent to NVC

10/10/2015: IV fee shows PAID

10/11/2015: submitted DS-260 and got confirmation

10/13/2015: IV package delivered to NVC

10/13/2015: SCAN DATE for IV package

11/24/2015: Case Complete at NVC

12/2/2015: Case Complete letter from NVC

EMBASSY:

2/10/2016: Interview scheduled for March 15th 2016 :dancing:

Medical exam scheduled on March 14th 2016

2/10/2016: Interview Letter Received (P4)

2/16/2016: CEAC shows CASE IN TRANSIT

2/18/2016: CEAC shows READY

3/14/2016: medical exam passed

3/15/2016: interview - APPROVED! Status ISSUED - Your visa has been printed.

3/17/2016: call from Pony Express - visa is delivered to my town

POE:

4/19/2016: Moscow - New York - Atlanta

On 8/30/2019 at 11:24 PM, MrsCrabs said:

Well from what I learnt Atlanta office is extremely busy and still backlogged, so they had a directive to send some cases to nearby offices to speed up. I went to interview on 26 of August, left a day before, spent night in a hotel. It was the shortest interview in my life, quick civics test, then verified some dates and names in application and got immediately approved. Small office, wonderful helpful and nice people, officer was a really nice gentlemen, smiled, was very professional and supportive. I think its random whice cases they sent out, but its only 1.5 - 2 hour drive and from my location it would take almost the same amount of time to get to Atlanta on a busy day.

I also think that small office in Greer would take a bit longer to schedule oath ceremony, they would try to gather as many people as they can. And yes, for oath you should go back to Greer. 

You can try to relocate back to Atlanta but it would just delay the process. They send to the officer physical paper folders with all the documents you have ever submit to them, mine was like an inch thick. 

Officer almost didnt look at any of my documents but asked if I owe taxes and wanted to see 2018 tax return, I didnt have it printed but I submitted it to uscis portal and officer pulled it from there, checked and moved forward to next question.

Thanks a lot for such a detailed reply, this is quite reassuring. I think it's better to go there instead of delaying the process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 9/1/2019 at 8:11 PM, PallasAthena said:

We filed the N-400 today September 1 2019.

We heard from USCIS today about our biometrics appointment. They provided us with an estimate that the case would be complete August 2020 (11 months, Atlanta office)

On 8/30/2019 at 11:24 PM, MrsCrabs said:

Hi, has your oath  been scheduled? I heard Greer SC office is taking long time to schedule oath ceremonies.

I'm going there  for interview next week, thanks to you feeling a lot  better.

Edited by decent

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

So oath ceremony is scheduled for 26 of September and yes, back in SC  - this time in Liberty, SC.

The whole process took surprisingly fast 8 month (fast means we expected it to be about 17 months, thats what USCIS portal showed at first, but then we got transferred to another field office), can`t wait to take part in ceremony!

Good luck everyone who still in process!

Shawn and Olga married in Russia May 7th 2013

IR-1 process

USCIS:

6/11/2015: Filed I-130 petition

6/13/2015: Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

6/15/2015: Petition is accepted by USCIS (California)

6/17/2015: NOA1 received via email/text

6/23/2015: NOA1 received via mail

8/18/2015: USCIS approved petition online - 63 days from NOA 1

8/22/2015: NOA2 received via mail

NVC:

9/8/2015: NVC received the case

9/22/2015: got case number and invoice number via phone

9/22/2015: submitted DS-261 Choice of agent

9/22/2015: paid AOS fee $120 - IN PROCESS

9/24/2015: AOS fee shows PAID

9/28/2015: NVC Welcome Letter is received (issued on Sept 21st)

10/1/2015: AOS package sent to NVC

10/5/2015: AOS package delivered to NVC

10/5/2015: SCAN DATE for AOS package

10/6/2015: confirmed DS-261 over the phone

10/7/2015: email from NVC - husband is chosen as agent and IV fee is invoiced

10/8/2015: paid IV fee $325 - IN PROCESS

10/8/015: IV package sent to NVC

10/10/2015: IV fee shows PAID

10/11/2015: submitted DS-260 and got confirmation

10/13/2015: IV package delivered to NVC

10/13/2015: SCAN DATE for IV package

11/24/2015: Case Complete at NVC

12/2/2015: Case Complete letter from NVC

EMBASSY:

2/10/2016: Interview scheduled for March 15th 2016 :dancing:

Medical exam scheduled on March 14th 2016

2/10/2016: Interview Letter Received (P4)

2/16/2016: CEAC shows CASE IN TRANSIT

2/18/2016: CEAC shows READY

3/14/2016: medical exam passed

3/15/2016: interview - APPROVED! Status ISSUED - Your visa has been printed.

3/17/2016: call from Pony Express - visa is delivered to my town

POE:

4/19/2016: Moscow - New York - Atlanta

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody ! I saw my appointment letter updated on my account and I will receive it on next week.
Send my N400 by mail on 8 May 2019 ( apply through marriage) 

7 Nov 2019 interview at ATL office

Edited by Ivan W

6 minutes ago, Ivan W said:

Hi everybody ! I saw my appointment letter updated on my account and I will receive it in hand on next week.
Send my N400 by mail on 8 May 2019 ( apply through marriage) 

7 Nov 2019 interview at ATL office

Congratulation. Gives me hope. Application submitted online June 5, local office Atlanta here.

14 minutes ago, TZKA said:

Congratulation. Gives me hope. Application submitted online June 5, local office Atlanta here.

Thks. You will have the appointment letter between Oct and Nov. My friend send his N400 before me 10 days and his appointment on 5 Nov. Now the processing time is fast ( 4-6 months )

Just received email that interview was scheduled. Nothing online in either USCIS sites about date. Will wait. Submitted N-400 online on June 5th.  Biometric was in early July. Time to study. 

On 10/7/2019 at 10:31 AM, TZKA said:

Just received email that interview was scheduled. Nothing online in either USCIS sites about date. Will wait. Submitted N-400 online on June 5th.  Biometric was in early July. Time to study. 

Interview scheduled for November 13 2019 in Atlanta USCIS office

8 hours ago, TZKA said:

Interview scheduled for November 13 2019 in Atlanta USCIS office

General question about interview/oath ceremony. Initially Completion Time was May 2020. So I booked oversees trip from mid November to Christmas. Now got a pleasant surprise. Interview scheduled November 13. Assuming interview is successful/passed, can one ask the interviewing officer to have Oath Ceremony scheduled after Christmas? Or the interviewing officer has no say about when Oath Ceremony is scheduled, and scheduling done by others?

I hate to cancel the trip, but may have to if Oath Ceremony date fixed and can not be influenced.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone ever had his/her ceremony on the same day of interview here in Atlanta? It is theoretically/legally possible and happen often in other locations. Just wondered about busy Atlanta office?

Hi everyone ! Im just did my test today at ATL office and passed 🤩. I went in and checked in with the receptionist just 2mins earlier ( on the letter they said you can get in 30mins early) im 32 mins early 😅 and she said she couldn't check me in after 2mins Lol. After checked in I went to the fingerprints and photo then I went up to the 2nd floor where I had to waited about 45mins and IO called my number. Everything took fast for me ( 15 mins ) and he was nice .He asked me 6 questions which I corrected all and reading writing test too.

What are two Cabinet-level positions?

Why did the colonists fight the British?

When was the Constitution written?

What did Martin Luther King, Jr. do?
What is the highest court in the United States?

Who sign bills to become law?

Read : Which state has the most people?

Write : California has the most people.

He ask all my information and how many trips I took in the last 5 years. He asked for my spouse information when we married and where we met? 
Yes No questions he asked me very fast and didn't ask me to explain the specifics words in there😛. But just have 1 thing when he asked me "Have you ever not filed taxes ? And the next one is " Do you file taxes every year ?" so you have to pay attention and listen what they ask you. 
Hopefully I can take my Oath before Christmas 🤩. Good luck everyone ! Last journey! 

Edited by Ivan W

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.