LunarGazer

Anyone experience leaving their phone in the USEM vendors lately?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Will be attending alone k1 interview and will take Grab or Uber. Anyone experience leaving their phone in the embassy vendors? Did you have it back safe? Thank you! :D

Timeline
4 minutes ago, LunarGazer said:

Will be attending alone k1 interview and will take Grab or Uber. Anyone experience leaving their phone in the embassy vendors? Did you have it back safe? Thank you! :D

During my interview day I didn’t bring my phone or any gadgets with me. Coz you know it’s hard to trust someone you didn’t know. However, I saw several people leaving their phone with unknown people and pay them after. If that’s your case you can ask someone you know to accompany you or use local taxis.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 minutes ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

During my interview day I didn’t bring my phone or any gadgets with me. Coz you know it’s hard to trust someone you didn’t know. However, I saw several people leaving their phone with unknown people and pay them after. If that’s your case you can ask someone you know to accompany you or use local taxis.

How is a local taxi superior to using Grab?

YMMV

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 minutes ago, payxibka said:

How is a local taxi superior to using Grab?

She didn’t say it’s superior. Her point is you don’t need a smartphone to flag down a local taxi, unlike Uber or Grab. That way you won’t have to risk leaving your phone with the vendors outside the embassy. Or better yet just travel with a companion. 

1 hour ago, LunarGazer said:

I hate those sleeze buckets who hang out there:

They want to sell you a bullpen, or paper.  I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

I rather trust a pok pok holding my wallet.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

I hate those sleeze buckets who hang out there:

They want to sell you a bullpen, or paper.  I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

I rather trust a pok pok holding my wallet.

I laugh reading your comment. Haha! I agree those faces cannot be trusted, that’s why I left my phone at home, I used bus and van to go there. There’s a lot of transportation to go there. No offense but pok pok can run your valuable things also after giving you one night happiness . Hahaha!

6 hours ago, apple21 said:

She didn’t say it’s superior. Her point is you don’t need a smartphone to flag down a local taxi, unlike Uber or Grab. That way you won’t have to risk leaving your phone with the vendors outside the embassy. Or better yet just travel with a companion. 

Lol. Did i said superior? Thanks for making it more clear to her

I would leave the phone at home or find someone to go with you.  Since I was there with Rose, the Embassy will hold the phones for US citizens.  I wouldn't leave my phone with a stranger.  We also didn't need the ball point pen inside.  Why do so many people try to sell them?

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, John & Rose said:

I would leave the phone at home or find someone to go with you.  Since I was there with Rose, the Embassy will hold the phones for US citizens.  I wouldn't leave my phone with a stranger.  We also didn't need the ball point pen inside.  Why do so many people try to sell them?

Why did they sell pet rocks or invisible dogs on a leash ?   ... all about the Benjamins :lol:   

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Just now, Hank_ said:

Why did they sell pet rocks or invisible dogs on a leash ?   ... all about the Benjamins :lol:   

I owned a pet rock AND a weather rock.  I suppose I could have put my pet rock outside but that seemed cruel at the time...:D

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

I owned a pet rock AND a weather rock.  I suppose I could have put my pet rock outside but that seemed cruel at the time...:D

No Chia pet?  :girlwerewolf2xn:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

4 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

No Chia pet?  :girlwerewolf2xn:

Pet rocks were much less maintenance...it is still alive today.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
On 4/24/2018 at 4:54 PM, LunarGazer said:

When we attended the interview we thought we were leaving all of our "devices" in our room. I was unaware of a short cell adapter cord that was still in my brief case. They found it in the search inside and so....... Yes to your question there is an area with shelves in the search area where they put your confiscated items till your departure. There are guards in this area but they are busy so i wouldn't trust it with a nice cell phone. It would be easy for a thief to walk by and grab a couple of phones.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.