AnaUmo

April 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,361 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jela said:

Hi all! I was wondering how long it takes on average for case to be assigned from the receipt date?

NOA2  3/29, online update 4/2. It reached NVC on 4/18 and still pending. Thank you!

Depends on which number you're calling (actually depends on if it is in the old system (7) or new electronic system (5)) 

5 usually takes longer.

2 minutes ago, Ire said:

How do you kknow when it reached NVC? Calling? 

yes when you call and it reaches there, they tell you if the case got there even if it is not assigned a case number yet.

Timeline

So today we made a new record!

Called 3 times (yep that's how much I don't care)

Morning with Emmett

Evening with (huh forgot the name--- it was that empty of a talk)

Night time with Gus

Poor Gus, cause this was the moment I finally got angry....

He was nice tho.. started the 6 weeks talk and... then well I informed it really is not that... I know it, you know it, everybody who ever handled this really knows it...

So I'll call again tomorrow morning..

By the way, I don'T know why but I have never waited even once on this phone always got connected within seconds.

2 minutes ago, Jela said:

It reached there on 4/18, I've been calling almost daily.

Did they tell you to call 5 or 7?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Naes said:

Morning with Emmett

Night time with Gus

He was nice tho.. started the 6 weeks talk and... then well I informed it really is not that... I know it, you know it, everybody who ever handled this really knows it...

By the way, I don'T know why but I have never waited even once on this phone always got connected within seconds.

I dialed #5 but they said they have to checking for status in another system.

5 minutes ago, Naes said:

Morning with Emmett

Night time with Gus

I called 3 time but I got angry with the second call because George said: I’m sorry I can’t see you case here you have to call uscis because your case is out of process and the 3rd call I put George in trouble.... I don’t care and I will call tomorrow 

Timeline
Just now, Jela said:

I dialed #5 but they said they have to checking for status in another system.

system does not really matter, if you are dialing 5 and they didn't tell you to call 7 specifically (or you can try dialing 7 and see if they tell you to call 5)

I know 5 (electronic system) waits longer, however because everything goes digital then, it does not wait as long for the rest of it (like when it transits to the embassy)

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mariasd21 said:

I called 3 time but I got angry with the second call because George said: I’m sorry I can’t see you case here you have to call uscis because your case is out of process and the 3rd call I put George in trouble.... I don’t care and I will call tomorrow 

I love watching people there telling whatever comes to their mind sometimes, which is either lies or them just playing with people.. 

I don'T care either, if they open their month about me calling, my answer is clear. This is your job, and it is about my future. 

I love watching people there telling whatever comes to their mind sometimes, which is either lies or them just playing with people.. 

I don'T care either, if they open their month about me calling, my answer is clear. This is your job, and it is about my future. 

I think they are sick and tired of us 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mariasd21 said:

I think they are sick and tired of us 

They’re handling me only for 3 weeks. I’m in this mess for 230 days.

im sick and tired of them. (Also they don’t even remember us..the next second..they take phone calls every single second)

Timeline

system does not really matter, if you are dialing 5 and they didn't tell you to call 7 specifically (or you can try dialing 7 and see if they tell you to call 5)

I know 5 (electronic system) waits longer, however because everything goes digital then, it does not wait as long for the rest of it (like when it transits to the embassy)

Thank you Naes so much for your thorough input. I just called  and spoke with Gus who clarified that right option would be#5 as it was sent over digitally which will work for me in a long run( hope it compensates for this drag:).

Timeline
Just now, Jela said:

Thank you Naes so much for your thorough input. I just called  and spoke with Gus who clarified that right option would be#5 as it was sent over digitally which will work for me in a long run( hope it compensates for this drag:).

Oh Gus :rofl: he was nice at least... he congratulated me for my engagement! 

Now at least you know what’s happening: for @Swissmiss82 she got her noa2 on 3/13, received on 3/23(number5), number on 4/12 I think. And well she probably will have her visa on hand tomorrow...(her embassy was really quick! 

However even withot the embassy being quick, her case reached embassy in a day. :) 

good iuck!

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Naes said:

One last question, any clue on how much longer would it take with the electronic system?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ire said:

Is it reckless if I just wait to get the letter in my mail with the case number?

No it’s not reckless. If I didn’t have this extraordinary situation I would do that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.