1,707 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, K1 2017 said:

Has any April filer received their EAD/AP combo card WITHOUT expediting? 🤔

I did, I am still waiting for the actual card though, was mailed to me on Monday. But my situation is not so typical in one sense as our first attempt of applying for EAD and AP was rejected in February and part of me wonders whether they took it into account or not...

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

2 hours ago, Tomalley said:

Check your case history. I am in the same situation, but some updates that my case was assigned to an officer and it was completed.

no idea what that means. And I called and they asked me to wait ..

My case history reads the same. It states  it was assigned, evidence was requested, and it was completed- all on the same date that I requested the expedite...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/14/2018 at 1:16 PM, QN&CD said:

Hi, thanks for sharing. I am contacting the local Congressman. Hope I got the same result as I am from California too. Could you please advise ?

1. Which reason you choose to expedite the EAD process? I chose severe financial loss

2. Which document you submitted to the office, besides the  signed release form and active job offer. Do I need to submit a letter of explanation and other supporting documents for financial hardship ?

We chose severe financial loss, but since we got the same response as you, USCIS never even gave us the chance to submit the evidence.

As far as what we gave the Congressman: we just submitted the privacy release form and the offer letter.  The Congressman submitted the documents to the NBC the same day, and we got approval notice two days later.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey has anyone had any requests for initial evidence on their EAD work authorisation application? My case status changed Saturday for this. So confused as I dont know what they are after. Initial evidence was mentioned,not additional evidence. So could this be something they need like birth certificate or passport photocopy? Even though I sent all that originally? I know they lose things so I'm not too surpised. Just cant find anyone that had this. I know people get them for the i485 form for adjusting status, but not the EAD form.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, QN&CD said:

Congratulation ! Same here, just refreshed my case status 10 mins ago. When did you send the packet?

congrats you guys!! hope we will be approved soon too.. it's really been a long wait.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

142 days from when my packet was recieved... seeing some of you guys getting your EAD/AP’s now (Congrats BTW! 🙂) is just making me so impatient 😂 Checking my status at least 5-10 times a day, ANY MINUTE NOW! (I hope 🙂)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Cookie13 said:

142 days from when my packet was recieved... seeing some of you guys getting your EAD/AP’s now (Congrats BTW! 🙂) is just making me so impatient 😂 Checking my status at least 5-10 times a day, ANY MINUTE NOW! (I hope 🙂)

Seeing that a lot of April filers got the new update about EAD/AP without expedite. I believe you will got it soon as well. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Woke up to an email from USCIS that my EAD card is in production yay! 115 days after the NOA date. Good luck to everyone else who are still waiting. Fingers crossed yours will come through soon 🤞🏻

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
27 minutes ago, fakeplastictrees said:

Woke up to an email from USCIS that my EAD card is in production yay! 115 days after the NOA date. Good luck to everyone else who are still waiting. Fingers crossed yours will come through soon 🤞🏻

Congratulations!. Next, You'll receive approval letter on mailbox first before you get EAD card. I'm waiting for the card now. 

1 hour ago, JloveN said:

Congratulations!. Next, You'll receive approval letter on mailbox first before you get EAD card. I'm waiting for the card now. 

Hi! How long have you been waiting? I had the notification that the card was sent on Monday and I'm surprised ( and antsy) that it is not here yet. Lots of people got the card like in one day. Nothing in the informed delivery either...

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.