1,707 posts in this topic

Current waiting times for EAD below, expedite if you can

Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 1.12.42 PM.png

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

4 minutes ago, Britinstl said:

You won't get the response you want. Your case IS NOT outside of normal processing times for EAD/AP. You haven't submitted the right request. They're currently at 4-6 months processing times, so you're not outside of normal processing times until around October time.

I am aware it is within normal processing times. As I could not contact a live person on the USCIS hotline, the online link was the only available option to get any update on my case. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Woohoo! I already received the "Ready to be scheduled for an interview notice".

Its great because I now I know my paperwork was OK, but everything will be waiting in another pile for scheduling.

Anyone know anything about Los Angeles interview wait times and how long it took those people to actually get scheduled?

TN to GC: AOS through marriage

Paperwork received: 4/9/18

Biometrics complete: 5/7/18

Ready to be scheduled for interview: 7/16/18

EAD/AP Approved: 9/4/2018

EAD/AP Card Received: 9/10/2018

Interview Notice: ???????????

We have been sitting on "Ready To be Scheduled" since May 21st... :( In looking at how quickly some of the February/March filers moved, I was hoping we would at least have an interview letter by now.

29 minutes ago, msscarlette said:

I am aware it is within normal processing times. As I could not contact a live person on the USCIS hotline, the online link was the only available option to get any update on my case. 

Did they respond to you?

Just now, Sarah&Facundo said:

Did they respond to you?

I didn't receive any response from them via email but my case was updated to "Case is Ready to be scheduled for an interview" this morning. My case was on "Fingerprint Fee was Received" since April 9th before I received the update today. 

I received a notice this morning that as of July 16th, my "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview". Does anyone know how long it will take for an interview to be scheduled? More importantly, what will happen to my EAD/AP application, will that still be processed? At what point does your EAD/AP application get canceled? Is it when your interview is scheduled or only after you've received your greencard. 

My priority date is April 3rd, 2018. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 7/12/2018 at 2:03 PM, KozmicBlues said:

UGH this process is so frustrating!! I can't believe it takes this long to give a person who is in the country legally the temporary authorization to work. What benefit does it do for the country to have people just sitting around when they could be adding to the economy!? My husband is being so patient, but I am going crazy. I try not to talk to him about it much because it's not his fault he can't work, but having 100% of the financial burden on just me is so stressful. How do you guys deal with it??? I make plenty of money to support us, but I've definitely had to sacrifice a lot (which I would do my entire life if I had to, don't get me wrong). Sometimes it just feels so overwhelming to know that everything relies on you. 

I keep coming back to this forum hoping to see other April filers getting their EAD approved, but seems like there still is no movement. We also had filed an expedite request, but the job offer he was supposed to get fell through because he didn't have the EAD (how freakin' ironic, right). So now I'm worried that requesting the expedite just screwed things up even more - we sent a fax response asking them to disregard the expedite request and just process it normally but who knows if it's been properly handled or not.

And the worst part of all, my husband's grandpa passed away last week. He was devastated and felt so guilty that he couldn't go home to be with his family because he doesn't have AP. It made me sick knowing that him being here in this country to be with me kept him away from being there for his family when they needed him. :(

Anyway, no real point of this post. Just felt like venting to people who can relate to what I'm going through!

I feel the same as you. I just put in a request with our congressman today to inquire on our case. He doesn't have a written job offer, but has been approached by a company, we are awaiting the evaluation of his degree before he can formally apply and be interviewed. His grandpa is also very sick and I feel so guilty knowing he can't be there. This whole process is very unfair :( 

Timeline
On 7/16/2018 at 2:18 PM, Tomalley said:

Anyone thinks I can expedite EAD without a job offer? I just called for an expedite because my husband had a surgery and he can’t work much.

My view is it is always worth a shot. I just left our congressman's office asking for them to assist due to change in financial situation and he said usually they only expedite with job offer, not because of it being income related. 

Which doesn't not having a job affect your income?

9 minutes ago, AmbMar18 said:

My view is it is always worth a shot. I just left our congressman's office asking for them to assist due to change in financial situation and he said usually they only expedite with job offer, not because of it being income related. 

Which doesn't not having a job affect your income?

I didn’t look for job yet. But we struggle because my husband can’t work as much as before. They are supposed to call me in 5 days but today is the third day and nobody called at all.. 

2 hours ago, kirikiristar said:

Its great because I now I know my paperwork was OK, but everything will be waiting in another pile for scheduling.

Anyone know anything about Los Angeles interview wait times and how long it took those people to actually get scheduled?

2 hours ago, Sarah&Facundo said:

We have been sitting on "Ready To be Scheduled" since May 21st... :( In looking at how quickly some of the February/March filers moved, I was hoping we would at least have an interview letter by now.

2 hours ago, msscarlette said:

I didn't receive any response from them via email but my case was updated to "Case is Ready to be scheduled for an interview" this morning. My case was on "Fingerprint Fee was Received" since April 9th before I received the update today. 

Here one can check official waiting times for your particular office https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/#mainContent
Quite a few couples in January, February and March got the interview letters 2 months after having done biometrics but the numbers have dropped for April filers. Somebody in May actually posted statistics, I enclose them below, quite sobering!

Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 4.30.48 PM.png

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, kirikiristar said:

Hey we have pretty similar PD. Except for : 1. I had an RFIE on 4/23 which I believed USCIS received on 4/30. 2. I filed EAD expedition, which was approved together with my AP on 6/25/2018. 3. I'm adjusting from F1.

I'm also in Los Angeles/Los Angeles County area.

PD 4/2/2018 

Biometrics 5/7/2018

Ready to schedule interview 5/21/2018

It has been almost two months since any updates from my I-485 and I don't actually look forward to any updates within this year lol.

If you're in Los Angeles, it takes 4.5 months to 23 months; Los Angeles county, takes 13.5 months to 30 months; San Bernardino, 9 months to 17 months.

Good luck and keep in contact!

3 hours ago, Sarah&Facundo said:

Sameeeeeee

Timeline
3 hours ago, Tomalley said:

I didn’t look for job yet. But we struggle because my husband can’t work as much as before. They are supposed to call me in 5 days but today is the third day and nobody called at all.. 

It doesn't hurt to start looking. Mine is. Just getting his resume updated, his documents translated, his degree evaluated. We made him a Linkedin. And he will start applying. Hoping someone will give him an offer and with that offer hoping we can expedite! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 hours ago, NancyLyz said:

Hey we have pretty similar PD. Except for : 1. I had an RFIE on 4/23 which I believed USCIS received on 4/30. 2. I filed EAD expedition, which was approved together with my AP on 6/25/2018. 3. I'm adjusting from F1.

I'm also in Los Angeles/Los Angeles County area.

PD 4/2/2018 

Biometrics 5/7/2018

Ready to schedule interview 5/21/2018

It has been almost two months since any updates from my I-485 and I don't actually look forward to any updates within this year lol.

If you're in Los Angeles, it takes 4.5 months to 23 months; Los Angeles county, takes 13.5 months to 30 months; San Bernardino, 9 months to 17 months.

Good luck and keep in contact!

Sameeeeeee

How long did it take to get your card once they contacted you to fax the job offer?  My wife has an offer and we made the expedite request, now just waiting for them to request our documents.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.