dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2018

2,123 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, Bluretto said:

Hello everyone please i need an urgent reply to this question,please while sending out the birth certificate for Nigerians ie the one from NPC,please do I need to include the sworn affidavit from court or do I just send out the certificate alone?please someone should help me it’s urgent 

Both the better! Just in case if they need it so no harm at all... :D 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bluretto said:

Hello everyone please i need an urgent reply to this question,please while sending out the birth certificate for Nigerians ie the one from NPC,please do I need to include the sworn affidavit from court or do I just send out the certificate alone?please someone should help me it’s urgent 

Staple the sworn affidavit of age behind the NPC's Attestation Of Birth both originalsand(for your records and for your interview) then send the photocopies same way you stapled  the originals to NVC

Edited by Abies

Quick question guys. Does anyone in this forum know if the US embassy in Dakar, Senegal, allows petitioners to attend their spouse's interview? I was told by NVC that I would have to check with the embassy as some embassies do not allow petitioners to attend the interview. I have sent a couple of emails to the Dakar embassy but they have not responded. So I thought I would ask the question here to see I could get some answers. Thanks!

16 minutes ago, Kucha said:

Quick question guys. Does anyone in this forum know if the US embassy in Dakar, Senegal, allows petitioners to attend their spouse's interview? I was told by NVC that I would have to check with the embassy as some embassies do not allow petitioners to attend the interview. I have sent a couple of emails to the Dakar embassy but they have not responded. So I thought I would ask the question here to see I could get some answers. Thanks!

I'm sure most do accept but some would stay in the back room. I will be there for my wife's interview with our biological boys. Hope your embassy accepts! Fingers crossed! :D 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, ms_bobdog said:

I have a feeling it's the embassy that is working but the email somehow come from NVC! The embassy replied to my email (really fast) and advised that a new interview date can be weeks or months away... so I am going to have to cancel my vacation plans :( 

I don’t know where you vacation is but hopefully you got insurance on it?? Anyways yes take the interview its not worth it at all to wait more weeks away..no way

2 minutes ago, qianl said:

I don’t know where you vacation is but hopefully you got insurance on it?? Anyways yes take the interview its not worth it at all to wait more weeks away..no way

Thankfully it only cost me $70 to cancel the tickets! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, girlonfire said:

Hey guys! We just got approved last week and I'm just looking to get prepared for the NVC stage. My husband is currently working in Italy but he's from Ireland and will be moving back by the end of the month. He's been in Italy since October and worked in Greece the year before for about 8 months. Does he need to get police certificates from Greece and Italy or just Ireland? 

you are required to have police reports from every place he stayed unfortunately. 

My timeline

ROC

6-08-20 I-751 Package sent

6-09-20 I-751 Package received 

06-15-20 Received text with receipt number (MSC-XXX)

06-16-20 Check cashed 

07-09-20 Called USCIS to enquire about NOA-1. Was told it was sent on 07-01-20.

07-11-20 Received 18-month extension letter NOA dated 06-30-20

05-03-20 Received Biometric Appointment scheduled for May24th (NY/NJ area)

CR-1

6-16-17 I-130 sent 

6-20-17 received NOA 1 Texas Service Center

1-24-18 NOA 2 approved 

2-23-18 NVC Received my case

3-30-18 Case Number Assigned

4-3-18 Welcome Letter email from NVC

4-4-18 Paid AOS and IV Fees 

4-10-18 Sent AOS package and Civil Documents 

4-11-18 NVC Processed all fees and Completed D260 form 

4-12-18 NVC Received packet 

4-13-18 NVC Scanned all documents

4-25-18 Case Complete at NVC ("At NVC")

4-26-18 Interview Scheduled (I called to find out

4-28-18 Received P4 from NVC

6-15-18 Interview Date! 

221G given on interview

6-26-18 Issued (Finally!)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 minute ago, rajeejunie said:

you are required to have police reports from every place he stayed unfortunately. 

Yeah I think we'll try to get them all even though he won't technically be residing there once we get to that stage the NVC page on the US Department of State webpage wasn't very clear. It said that only if they are currently residing in a foreign country and have been there more than 6 months. But I know most people just get them from anywhere they have resided. Do you know if it's easy to get them without actually being in the country?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
13 minutes ago, girlonfire said:

Yeah I think we'll try to get them all even though he won't technically be residing there once we get to that stage the NVC page on the US Department of State webpage wasn't very clear. It said that only if they are currently residing in a foreign country and have been there more than 6 months. But I know most people just get them from anywhere they have resided. Do you know if it's easy to get them without actually being in the country?

I was asked by my lawyer to get from every country if resided for 6 months after the age of 16. It's always safe to have it than run for it last minute. I am not sure about it being easy or not. It depends on the country. 

My timeline

ROC

6-08-20 I-751 Package sent

6-09-20 I-751 Package received 

06-15-20 Received text with receipt number (MSC-XXX)

06-16-20 Check cashed 

07-09-20 Called USCIS to enquire about NOA-1. Was told it was sent on 07-01-20.

07-11-20 Received 18-month extension letter NOA dated 06-30-20

05-03-20 Received Biometric Appointment scheduled for May24th (NY/NJ area)

CR-1

6-16-17 I-130 sent 

6-20-17 received NOA 1 Texas Service Center

1-24-18 NOA 2 approved 

2-23-18 NVC Received my case

3-30-18 Case Number Assigned

4-3-18 Welcome Letter email from NVC

4-4-18 Paid AOS and IV Fees 

4-10-18 Sent AOS package and Civil Documents 

4-11-18 NVC Processed all fees and Completed D260 form 

4-12-18 NVC Received packet 

4-13-18 NVC Scanned all documents

4-25-18 Case Complete at NVC ("At NVC")

4-26-18 Interview Scheduled (I called to find out

4-28-18 Received P4 from NVC

6-15-18 Interview Date! 

221G given on interview

6-26-18 Issued (Finally!)

Timeline
12 minutes ago, rajeejunie said:

I was asked by my lawyer to get from every country if resided for 6 months after the age of 16. It's always safe to have it than run for it last minute. I am not sure about it being easy or not. It depends on the country. 

Yeah it seems that you can only get one from Greece in person and they don't provide it to non residents. They send it directly to the Athens consulate which doesn't make sense for us since his processing will be in Dublin. 

13 minutes ago, girlonfire said:

Yeah it seems that you can only get one from Greece in person and they don't provide it to non residents. They send it directly to the Athens consulate which doesn't make sense for us since his processing will be in Dublin. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Greece.html

Seems like an authorised representative is needed. I thought it would be like Saudi Arabia, because police certificates are not needed for non-citizens who don't live in the Kingdom, but there is no exception for Greece.

Timeline
1 minute ago, ms_bobdog said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Greece.html

Seems like an authorised representative is needed. I thought it would be like Saudi Arabia, because police certificates are not needed for non-citizens who don't live in the Kingdom, but there is no exception for Greece.

Yeah it's weird. I just talked to my husband and he says he is looking into it and might be able to request one at the Greek Consulate in Ireland. So we'll see. Luckily I work for an airline so if he needs to fly to Greece to get it then that's what he'll have to do. Quick question for you @ms_bobdog how long did it take for you to get a case number for NVC? I just called and I know it's early but I just wanted to see what they'd say. The agent gave the whole wait 6 weeks script but did you just keep calling in order to get it or did they send it to you?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hello everyone,

If you guys have multiple pages of same document (i864, tax transcript), did you guys stapled them? I'm just worried sending everything loose thinking they might get mixed up. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.