8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

HI all! I'm finalizing my from I-129F for a K-1 visa for my fiancee who is in Colombia.  I have a couple of quick questions for those in the know:

- For the evidence of intent to marry, what to most people submit?  The form's instructions state that a written statement signed by each of the parties, stating their intent to marry within 90 days of the beneficiary's arriaival in the States, can count here.  My question is, Have people sent this in as a formal affidavit or declaration, or simply a written statement signed by each person?  Does that alone suffice in most cases?  All of our text message communications are in spanish, so I imagine that submitting that wouldn't be very helpful without some kind of certified translation, which seems time- and cost-prohibitive. Any thoughts? 

- For evidence of having met in person in the last two years:  Is there anything here that is considered quick and easy proof, which would alleviate sending several pages of documents, evidence, etc?  We have spent a week together each month since we met in September last year, but I didn't keep baggage claim tickets, actual boarding passes, etc., and our photos are not time stamped... but obviously I have proof that I've traveled to Colombia (where my fiance lives) as well as that we both traveled to Mexico where we spent the new years holidays, and plenty of pictures together at those locations.  But  what is the best evidence that people have submitted which tends to be accepted without a further need for delay to submit more evidence?  I'm probably overthinking all of this because we clearly have a legitimate relationship and have spent lots of time together, but I just want to make sure I submit everything correctly the first time so hopefully she can move her by the end of this year.

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated - thanks!  

04/12/18 - Mailed I-129F

04/16/18 - USCIS received I-129F

04/19/18 - NOA1 Notice Date

04/23/18 - NOA1 hardcopy received 

10/16/18 - NOA2

11/13/18 - Received Packet 3

01/08/19 - Interview at Embassy in Bogota

01/16/19 - Visa in hand

01/26/19 - Kelly arrives in US

03/16/19 - MARRIED! 

03/22/19 - Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131

09/05/19 - Notice of Approval for I-765 and I-131 Received

09/11/19 - Employment Authorization card delivered to wrong address, still waiting for it...

11/14/19 - Permanent Residence Interview Schedule

Statement of intent to marry, one from each person and signed. It's easy :)

What you listed should suffice to prove you have met in person within the last 2 years.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

Statement of intent to marry, one from each person and signed. It's easy :)

What you listed should suffice to prove you have met in person within the last 2 years.

Thank you for your response.  After I posted my question, I did more searching and found another thread where this was discussed, and so I feel much better now.  I think I"m stressing out about evidence which really will be more important for the interview process to prove that the relationship is legitimate - although that should not be difficult for us to prove either :) .  But with the signed statements and the proof that we have been together in person recently, I think I have everything I need to submit the I-129F.  Thanks!  

04/12/18 - Mailed I-129F

10/16/18 - NOA2

01/16/19 - Visa in hand

03/16/19 - MARRIED! 

09/11/19 - Employment Authorization card delivered to wrong address, still waiting for it...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

stamps on your entry to Colombia in your passport should suffice that you met her there in the last 2 years. picture of you and her is proof you have seen her. there is no such thing as short list easy quick proof. dont try to shortcut your appplication or you will get an RFE

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

4 minutes ago, VegasJohn said:

Thank you for your response.  After I posted my question, I did more searching and found another thread where this was discussed, and so I feel much better now.  I think I"m stressing out about evidence which really will be more important for the interview process to prove that the relationship is legitimate - although that should not be difficult for us to prove either :) .  But with the signed statements and the proof that we have been together in person recently, I think I have everything I need to submit the I-129F.  Thanks!  

Good luck!! :) Once submitted, it's all about waiting. 

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Alabamak1 said:

stamps on your entry to Colombia in your passport should suffice that you met her there in the last 2 years. picture of you and her is proof you have seen her. there is no such thing as short list easy quick proof. dont try to shortcut your appplication or you will get an RFE

Thanks - this is good advice.

04/12/18 - Mailed I-129F

10/16/18 - NOA2

01/16/19 - Visa in hand

03/16/19 - MARRIED! 

• 3 months later...
Timeline

Hello there, we are on the same boat regarding not boarding passes or time stampad pics, but since our application was accepted (April 16 NOA1) I think all submitted evidence met the requirements for the first filter. We submitted pictures (handwriten dated), passport stamps, airline reservations (the mails you get when buying tickets). 

For what I´ve read here any aditional evidence will be requiered with the NOA2, so, as long as your relationship is genuine you shouldn´t be worried, you will have all the evidence if requested. You guys will be fine just relax and be patient.

®️

Timeline
On 3/25/2018 at 2:07 PM, VegasJohn said:

HI all! I'm finalizing my from I-129F for a K-1 visa for my fiancee who is in Colombia.  I have a couple of quick questions for those in the know:

- For the evidence of intent to marry, what to most people submit?  The form's instructions state that a written statement signed by each of the parties, stating their intent to marry within 90 days of the beneficiary's arriaival in the States, can count here.  My question is, Have people sent this in as a formal affidavit or declaration, or simply a written statement signed by each person?  Does that alone suffice in most cases?  All of our text message communications are in spanish, so I imagine that submitting that wouldn't be very helpful without some kind of certified translation, which seems time- and cost-prohibitive. Any thoughts? 

- For evidence of having met in person in the last two years:  Is there anything here that is considered quick and easy proof, which would alleviate sending several pages of documents, evidence, etc?  We have spent a week together each month since we met in September last year, but I didn't keep baggage claim tickets, actual boarding passes, etc., and our photos are not time stamped... but obviously I have proof that I've traveled to Colombia (where my fiance lives) as well as that we both traveled to Mexico where we spent the new years holidays, and plenty of pictures together at those locations.  But  what is the best evidence that people have submitted which tends to be accepted without a further need for delay to submit more evidence?  I'm probably overthinking all of this because we clearly have a legitimate relationship and have spent lots of time together, but I just want to make sure I submit everything correctly the first time so hopefully she can move her by the end of this year.

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated - thanks!  

evidence: immigration stamps, few pictures, letter of intent ............ then for the interview: letter from employer, I-134, call logs, and you know the rest.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.