Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, D-1 said:

Update: I logged in this morning and there is a 'Interview De-scheduled' notice. They apparently canceled my interview due to unforeseen circumstances. No other info and when I call I cannot get thru' to an agent since my interview isn't scheduled currently. I have to assume that the location was a system or human error and they rectified it. However, ended up as a cruel joke and my waiting game continues. I hope it is days/weeks and not months before it gets scheduled again. 

Thank you @Orm and @mnt96 for your excellent suggestions. I was planning to call them and preparing to travel to Boise as you suggested before this happened.

Oh wow.  Looks like a human error.  Hopefully, they reschedule soon.  Good luck!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline

D-1

At least, they find out the issue and fixed it in the matter of few days. 

Some people got their appointments, arrive for interviews, and learn from imm. officer or clerk, that their interview was be canceled, or system is down, so you need go back home and wait for another interview notice, another months. 

Still, creepy christmas  “gift”, for sure.

mnt96

Congrats! Now you just need to learn 100 civics questions, and especially remember who’s WA congress representative and senators. I’m glad you’ll learn their names not because of filing an congressional inquiry to uscis about your case, as you planned before. 

Good luck 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Has anyone experienced receiving an update

from USCIS for I-751 despite they already approved and sent new GC while still waiting for update on N-400? It could be a glitch in their system?  Huhmm

K1 Journey : Service Center: California Service Center + Consulate: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

USCIS I-129F Receive Date:  January 13th, 2017

USCIS I-129F NOA2 Date:  April 27th, 2017 (105 Active days )

NVC Received: May 19th, 2017

NVC Left : May 26th, 2017

Packet 3 Received : June 12th, 2017

Interview Date : July 28th, 2017  - Approved

AOS Journey: 

AOS package (I 485, I765, I131) sent: Jan 10th, 2018

USCIS Lockbox Chicago received: Jan 12th, 2018

NOA 1 hard copies received: Jan 22nd, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment Letter received: Jan 26th, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment date: Feb 6th, 2018

Interview date: April 23rd, 2018

Approval date: May 20th 2018

ROC Journey:

Package sent: 02/25/20

USCIS Lockbox Phoenix received: 02/27/20

Text received with case ; check cashed: 03/04/20

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Finally, had my interview today! I submitted my n-400 form online on Aug 16, 2020.

My interview was scheduled for Jan3, 12:45 pm. I arrived at 12:15 pm. Waited in line outside, but it wasn't moving at all. At 12:30, I walked to the door and told the security guard I have an interview at 12:45 pm. He checked my letter and let me go in. Don't wait around in line if you are there for an interview. That is for those who came for biometrics.

I was checked in by 12:36pm, and was called in for the interview at around 1:20 pm. My IO was very friendly. 

Civics test questions:

• What is the supreme law of the land?
  • Who was president during WW1?
  • What are two rights in the Declaration of Independence?
  • How many amendments does the Constitution have?
  • What are the two major political parties in the United States?
  • Name two national U.S. holidays

Fairly straight forward reading and writing test, after which she asked me questions about changes to my employment. The last job on my file was the 2020 presidential campaign which had obviously ended. Went quickly through the yes/no questions.

While we waited for some things to be completed she chatted with me. Asked if it was hard to not be able to vote while working on elections. I said no, because I got tens of thousands of people to vote, so I felt like I did everything I could. Finally I was asked to sign a document asking if anything had changed since my interview (marriage changes, criminal activity etc.) 2 mins ago, and then I took the oath with her.

Waited in the 1st floor lobby/waiting room for about 15 mins, and got my naturalization certificate at 2:08 pm. Almost over! Just need to apply for my US passport, mail in my voter registration form (coz I never got a DL 0_0 ) and update my status with the Social Security Administration.

Edited by supreet4650

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yes -- same here. I've just received notifications that they have moved my I-751 case to a new office even though I received my 10-year GC back in October 2020.

Most likely a glitch, but I'm hoping it means that they've transferred our cases to a new office (Portland or Boise), and because we filed for naturalization within 3 years of becoming permanent resident, they also have to forward the I-751 to the new office so they can evaluate everything?

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
12 hours ago, keixjil said:

Has anyone experienced receiving an update

from USCIS for I-751 despite they already approved and sent new GC while still waiting for update on N-400? It could be a glitch in their system?  Huhmm

Yes -- same here. I've just received notifications that they have moved my I-751 case to a new office even though I received my 10-year GC back in October 2020.

Most likely a glitch, but I'm hoping it means that they've transferred our cases to a new office (Portland or Boise), and because we filed for naturalization within 3 years of becoming permanent resident, they also have to forward the I-751 to the new office so they can evaluate everything?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 hours ago, phdng said:

It could be the case my I-751 was approved without having an interview. If transferring to Spokane/Portland is the case, I don’t know … they are too far away from me lol. 

I receive another email from USCIS today for same update. I think it is system glitch. Well see if I actually receive their letter. 

K1 Journey : Service Center: California Service Center + Consulate: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

USCIS I-129F Receive Date:  January 13th, 2017

USCIS I-129F NOA2 Date:  April 27th, 2017 (105 Active days )

NVC Received: May 19th, 2017

NVC Left : May 26th, 2017

Packet 3 Received : June 12th, 2017

Interview Date : July 28th, 2017  - Approved

AOS Journey: 

AOS package (I 485, I765, I131) sent: Jan 10th, 2018

USCIS Lockbox Chicago received: Jan 12th, 2018

NOA 1 hard copies received: Jan 22nd, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment Letter received: Jan 26th, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment date: Feb 6th, 2018

Interview date: April 23rd, 2018

Approval date: May 20th 2018

ROC Journey:

Package sent: 02/25/20

USCIS Lockbox Phoenix received: 02/27/20

Text received with case ; check cashed: 03/04/20

13 hours ago, supreet4650 said:

Finally, had my interview today! I submitted my n-400 form online on Aug 16, 2020.

My interview was scheduled for Jan3, 12:45 pm. I arrived at 12:15 pm. Waited in line outside, but it wasn't moving at all. At 12:30, I walked to the door and told the security guard I have an interview at 12:45 pm. He checked my letter and let me go in. Don't wait around in line if you are there for an interview. That is for those who came for biometrics.

I was checked in by 12:36pm, and was called in for the interview at around 1:20 pm. My IO was very friendly. 

Civics test questions:

• What is the supreme law of the land?
  • Who was president during WW1?
  • What are two rights in the Declaration of Independence?
  • How many amendments does the Constitution have?
  • What are the two major political parties in the United States?
  • Name two national U.S. holidays

Fairly straight forward reading and writing test, after which she asked me questions about changes to my employment. The last job on my file was the 2020 presidential campaign which had obviously ended. Went quickly through the yes/no questions.

While we waited for some things to be completed she chatted with me. Asked if it was hard to not be able to vote while working on elections. I said no, because I got tens of thousands of people to vote, so I felt like I did everything I could. Finally I was asked to sign a document asking if anything had changed since my interview (marriage changes, criminal activity etc.) 2 mins ago, and then I took the oath with her.

Waited in the 1st floor lobby/waiting room for about 15 mins, and got my naturalization certificate at 2:08 pm. Almost over! Just need to apply for my US passport, mail in my voter registration form (coz I never got a DL 0_0 ) and update my status with the Social Security Administration.

@supreet4650 congratulations!!  Please remember to update the list.  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FcItCasVItCDsUNEbDu15IRQ-AbDMRJWsiljwtz5WRI/edit#gid=1497976778

I am a Nov-2020 filer, my case status is showing 23 days to decision. We have moving plans, but I am willing to postpone the move for a few weeks if these estimated days really mean anything.

I guess none of our Oct-2020 filers (I guess 3 or 4 of them in the google sheet) have received the decision yet.

Curious to know what happens after 0 days to decision - folks who have been through this, please share. Thanks!!

Edited by Jaanu-96

On 1/7/2022 at 12:37 PM, Jaanu-96 said:

I am a Nov-2020 filer, my case status is showing 23 days to decision. We have moving plans, but I am willing to postpone the move for a few weeks if these estimated days really mean anything.

I guess none of our Oct-2020 filers (I guess 3 or 4 of them in the google sheet) have received the decision yet.

Curious to know what happens after 0 days to decision - folks who have been through this, please share. Thanks!!

I am assuming you are asking about the timeframe listed on your online application portal - from everything I've seen on forums and reddit, this datapoint is useless. It is not a reflection of your individual case timeline. It merely uses USCIS averages on processing times for cases submitted in the same month as yours. What's most likely going to happen at 0 days is that the status might change to "taking longer than expected" or something like that. Don't pay too much attention to it. 

The google sheet is definitely better than USCIS's estimates, but can still be hit or miss. Looking at the Oct filers is a good start. The other thing to look at is how accurate prior estimates were. E.g. I was an August filer and my interview date was around 5 weeks later than the calculation. My spouse was an anomaly and got hers months before her estimate. Read through the notes column and you'll see a range, but mostly that the estimates run a little late. 

Also, are you talking about an interstate move, or just moving houses?

3 hours ago, na-1 said:

I am assuming you are asking about the timeframe listed on your online application portal - from everything I've seen on forums and reddit, this datapoint is useless. It is not a reflection of your individual case timeline. It merely uses USCIS averages on processing times for cases submitted in the same month as yours. What's most likely going to happen at 0 days is that the status might change to "taking longer than expected" or something like that. Don't pay too much attention to it. 

The google sheet is definitely better than USCIS's estimates, but can still be hit or miss. Looking at the Oct filers is a good start. The other thing to look at is how accurate prior estimates were. E.g. I was an August filer and my interview date was around 5 weeks later than the calculation. My spouse was an anomaly and got hers months before her estimate. Read through the notes column and you'll see a range, but mostly that the estimates run a little late. 

Also, are you talking about an interstate move, or just moving houses?

Thanks for the insights!! interstate move. The google sheet is currently showing Sep'2020 filers getting interview notices. I guess it will be a couple of months for my turn!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Alpa Alpa said:

Today was my interview and I pass. I would like to thank everyone in this group for their help during this hard journey.

Thank you.

Congratulations! Make sure you update the online tracker spreadsheet with the rest of your info. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FcItCasVItCDsUNEbDu15IRQ-AbDMRJWsiljwtz5WRI/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by PedroDaGr8

Steps Before Citizenship:

Spoiler

K-1

09/24/2016 - I-129F Packet Submitted, 09/26/2016 - NOA1, 10/27/2016 - RFE Received

11/02/2016 - RFE Reply sent

11/09/2016 - NOA2

11/21/2016 - NVC Receives packet

12/12/2016 - Case left NVC for BKK Consulate

01/10/2017 - After travelling via the slowest route possible (likely via carrier pigeon) BKK Consulate receives packet

01/16/2017 - Packet 3 Instructions received 02/28/2017 - Packet 3 Instructions Completed

03/05/2017 - Packet 4 received (now the fun begins) --> 03/29/2017 - Interview disappears from the schedule on the embassy website -->03/30/2017 - She goes to her interview, is told they need to verify her documents since she is Vietnamese interviewing in Thailand, receives a 221G with 'Verification of Viet documents' as the reason. Gave back her passport.-->03/31/2017-04/04/2017 - Case is being continuously touched. We suspect that our case was approved at this point but they didn't have her passport. --> 04/10/2017 (10 days after interview) - Email emabssy to inquire about updates and if there was anything we could do to move things forward. (3h later) - She is told that she is approved and to expect her passport soon (how when they don't have it in their posession?) After clarification, instructed to send our passport to them. Ship out passport in a rush to beat Songkran (which failed) --> 04/11/2017 - Passport at embassy according to Thai Post Office --> 04/17/2017 - Emailed to confirm they received the passport. They issued an evasive answer about Songkran backlog (they love evasive non-committal answers)--> 04/24/2017  Evening - Case changes from Immigrant Visa to Non-Immigrant Visa and a new case created date is given --? 04/25/2017 morning  (less than 12h later) - Case flies through Ready -->Admin Processing --> Issued

04/26/2017 - Checks mail, passport is there. No mention of it being mailed out. 

05/02/2017 - Arrives in the USA, without Issue

06/17/2017 - Marriage!

AOS

7/01/17- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

7/03/17- Packet received

07/07/17 - SMS and Email notification of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP

07/13/17 - Received paper copies of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP

07/21/17 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

08/02/17 - Biometrics Appointment Completed 

11/04/17 - EAD Approved - New Card Is Ready For Production

11/09/17 - AP Approved, EAD - Card Produced Awaiting Mailing, EAD - Card Has Been Mailed.

11/13/17 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received. 

11/05/2018 - Received SMS Notification that Interview Has Been Scheduled

11/10/2018 - Received Paper Interview Notice

12/11/2018 - Interview Date
12/12/2018 - Approved

ROC

11/18/2020 - Mailed ROC packet

11/20/2020 - Packet received

01/16/2021 - Received NOA1 

05/28/2021 - Biometrics Waived

08/04/2021 - ROC Approved

08/11/2021 - GC received

Citizenship

09/15/2021 - N-400 Filed Electronically, NOA-1 received, Biometrics Waiver Received

07/01/2022 - Interview Notice Received
08/10/2022 - Interview Date, Approved, Oath Ceremony

5 hours ago, Jaanu-96 said:

Thanks for the insights!! interstate move. The google sheet is currently showing Sep'2020 filers getting interview notices. I guess it will be a couple of months for my turn!

You're right, it'll probably be in the next couple of months - not counting the ~4-5 week gap between the notice and the actual interview. The easiest thing to do would be to transfer your case to your new state. But depending on your situation in WA, you could make the case that you're maintaining residency here if you have a home that you haven't sold yet / you're paying the utility bills for, or keep visiting here once a month, or pay for a cheap studio rental unit until you fully transition to your new state of domicile over the next few months. Depends on how much patience you have and how creative you want to get with the truth :). 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.