Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi there, I have my N-400 interview scheduled at 7:55am next month. I am hoping to do the same-day ceremony. My question is, does anyone know how many ceremonies they hold each day (how many chances do I have or getting same-day ceremony)? And, do they let you leave after the interview and come back for the ceremony? My husband would like to come to the ceremony but can't come with me to the interview, wondering if I will have time to leave and go pick him up and come back for the ceremony.

Also if anyone has any recent experience from their interview they could share, that would be very helpful! How was the civics test, etc.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, KPea said:

Hi there, I have my N-400 interview scheduled at 7:55am next month. I am hoping to do the same-day ceremony. My question is, does anyone know how many ceremonies they hold each day (how many chances do I have or getting same-day ceremony)? And, do they let you leave after the interview and come back for the ceremony? My husband would like to come to the ceremony but can't come with me to the interview, wondering if I will have time to leave and go pick him up and come back for the ceremony.

Also if anyone has any recent experience from their interview they could share, that would be very helpful! How was the civics test, etc.

Thanks!

See the earlier post

On 1/14/2020 at 1:59 PM, Jorgedig said:

Ah.  Well, hopefully it will be scheduled soon.  Expect for it to take place in Tukwila though.

Why Tukwila? Is it faster than the other offices?

1 minute ago, Malauriea said:

Why Tukwila? Is it faster than the other offices?

That is where the Seattle, WA local field office is located.  The others in Washington are Yakima and Spokane.

Seattle is anything but fast......

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
5 hours ago, PK_ said:

See the earlier post

I get my interviewed on 7:55 Am Tukwila/Seattle office and I got call in on time and was done likes 20 minutes. I left went to have breakfast with my husband , then come back for oath ceremony at 1:30  and done at 3PM so by then I am officially citizen.

They have 2 oath ceremony a day 8:30 and 1:30.

Yes after interview you can leave and come back for oath ceremony .

I heard if you get junior officer then she/he can not approve the same time so you have to wait again for the decision and oath ceremony shcedule.

6 hours ago, kylat4n said:

I get my interviewed on 7:55 Am Tukwila/Seattle office and I got call in on time and was done likes 20 minutes. I left went to have breakfast with my husband , then come back for oath ceremony at 1:30  and done at 3PM so by then I am officially citizen.

I heard if you get junior officer then she/he can not approve the same time so you have to wait again for the decision and oath ceremony shcedule.

wow congrats! I am one of those that was transferred to Portland. I passed last Jan 14 but still waiting for my oath schedule. The IO said to me that WA applicants will take their oath in Seattle or Olympia. So still a waiting game for me but the hard part at least is over!

Edited by cherry03

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

Can someone please help. I had my interview on 13th Jan and at the interview, they completely blind-sided me with: do you owe taxes? I'm like, sure. Do you have any evidence you're of a payment plan with you today? I'm like, of course not.

So long story short he says I can't get my citizenship etc. (although I got the slip of paper saying I've passed and have been recommended for citizenship) and he'll mail out a request for more info. Should be with me in ten days. Today is day twelve and I call up to inquire. They have no record of having sent anything out. On top of that she said it can take 90 days to schedule the oath ceremony. 

From what I'd read about these interviews, I expected that I'd have been a citizen on 13th, what's the deal with taking 90 days!? and any ideas about how long it can take for A) this request for information form to be sent out but also B) well how long will I THEN have to wait?? it feels to me like, once you're out of that linear queue of ... interview date... ceremony... etc. then you're in limbo and I'm gonna guess that I could be delay for any amount of time feasible.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hey guys, I just saw the newest post on the Seattle office site saying: 

This office is not accepting walk-in requests or scheduling InfoPass appointments.

Does that mean I can only attend my biometric on the scheduled date? I have it scheduled on a date I will be out of town.

On 1/29/2020 at 2:11 PM, trandy said:

Can someone please help. I had my interview on 13th Jan and at the interview, they completely blind-sided me with: do you owe taxes? I'm like, sure. Do you have any evidence you're of a payment plan with you today? I'm like, of course not.

So long story short he says I can't get my citizenship etc. (although I got the slip of paper saying I've passed and have been recommended for citizenship) and he'll mail out a request for more info. Should be with me in ten days. Today is day twelve and I call up to inquire. They have no record of having sent anything out. On top of that she said it can take 90 days to schedule the oath ceremony. 

From what I'd read about these interviews, I expected that I'd have been a citizen on 13th, what's the deal with taking 90 days!? and any ideas about how long it can take for A) this request for information form to be sent out but also B) well how long will I THEN have to wait?? it feels to me like, once you're out of that linear queue of ... interview date... ceremony... etc. then you're in limbo and I'm gonna guess that I could be delay for any amount of time feasible.

Sorry to hear about what happened. So do you owe taxes for previous years or they were talking about this year ?  Because most of us didn't file for taxes for 2019 yet, as we are still waiting for W2 forms/document in the mail. 

Can you clarify what they meant exactly by owing taxes ? And payment plan?

As for ceremony, some people say it will take around 2 to 3 wks to be scheduled. You are almost there. 

On 1/29/2020 at 5:44 AM, kylat4n said:

When was your interview  ?  Any info about public parking in the Seattle office ? If I don't wanna pay for paid parking. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Dantrolene said:

When was your interview  ?  Any info about public parking in the Seattle office ? If I don't wanna pay for paid parking. 

My interview was 13 January 2020 @ 7:55 AM in Tukwila/Seattle office, they called me like 10 minutes after my appointment time and done likes 20 minutes, took oath at the same day @ 1:30 PM

Parking only accept cash $ 8.00 , you have to pay parking, I do not think so there free parking around.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Dantrolene said:

Sorry to hear about what happened. So do you owe taxes for previous years or they were talking about this year ?  Because most of us didn't file for taxes for 2019 yet, as we are still waiting for W2 forms/document in the mail. 

Can you clarify what they meant exactly by owing taxes ? And payment plan?

As for ceremony, some people say it will take around 2 to 3 wks to be scheduled. You are almost there. 

So I owe Taxes for the year of 2018 and yeah, haven't filed yet for 2019. They wanted proof I was actively paying it off, so a payment plan from the IRS. When you set up a direct debit with them, they send you a confirmation payment plan in the mail. So I have that but the annoying thing is, I have to wait for the folks at USCIS to send me some kind of form that will request that I send them more information in order to complete my citizenship. And like I say, the guy said it would take ten days and it's coming up to three weeks now with no sign. Of course THEN I have to wait for them to receive and process the proof of payment plan. And schedule the ceremony. Annoying thing is, I really need to spend some time back home for many good reasons and I've been delaying it for so long because of this whole draw-out process. 

I hope you're right about being almost there! cheers for the reply.

9 hours ago, kylat4n said:

My interview was 13 January 2020 @ 7:55 AM in Tukwila/Seattle office, they called me like 10 minutes after my appointment time and done likes 20 minutes, took oath at the same day @ 1:30 PM

Parking only accept cash $ 8.00 , you have to pay parking, I do not think so there free parking around.

Thanks for the details. And congrats! Did they ask you anything about taxes for 2019? Because I didn't file yet. Is it better to file before my interview by end of Feb? Or it doesn't matter since the deadline is April 15th. 

5 hours ago, trandy said:

So I owe Taxes for the year of 2018 and yeah, haven't filed yet for 2019. They wanted proof I was actively paying it off, so a payment plan from the IRS. When you set up a direct debit with them, they send you a confirmation payment plan in the mail. So I have that but the annoying thing is, I have to wait for the folks at USCIS to send me some kind of form that will request that I send them more information in order to complete my citizenship. And like I say, the guy said it would take ten days and it's coming up to three weeks now with no sign. Of course THEN I have to wait for them to receive and process the proof of payment plan. And schedule the ceremony. Annoying thing is, I really need to spend some time back home for many good reasons and I've been delaying it for so long because of this whole draw-out process. 

I hope you're right about being almost there! cheers for the reply.

Thanks for the details. I hope you hear back from them very soon. Did they ask you anything about taxes for the 2019? Because I didn't file yet. Is it better to file before my interview is end of Feb? Or it doesn't matter since the deadline is April 15th for filing.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Dantrolene said:

Thanks for the details. I hope you hear back from them very soon. Did they ask you anything about taxes for the 2019? Because I didn't file yet. Is it better to file before my interview is end of Feb? Or it doesn't matter since the deadline is April 15th for filing.

they ask if you owed taxes, not if you'd filed yet. Seeing as you're not even obliged to file until April, you're gold.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.