Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, py6 said:

Mine was also transferred to NBC. I think that's where it really slowed us all down. My I-751 was filed 27+ months ago. It was transferred to NBC in Dec 2018. There, it took a full year until Dec 2019 when NBC processed it and sent it to Seattle office. Now I'm just waiting to the interview to be scheduled. 

That's super useful! My I751 was filed exactly 26 months ago and has been in NBC for 1 year like yours. How do you know that they finished processsing it and they sent it already to Seattle? Did you call? did they change your status in your myUSCIS page?Thank you so much!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
5 hours ago, GermanG said:

That's super useful! My I751 was filed exactly 26 months ago and has been in NBC for 1 year like yours. How do you know that they finished processsing it and they sent it already to Seattle? Did you call? did they change your status in your myUSCIS page?Thank you so much!

I called. Nothing changed on my homepage.

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-16 I-751 & N400 approved. Sworn in as a US citizen.

2020-07-16 Registered to vote & applied for passport

2020-07-20 Voted!

#VoteLikeYourLifeDependsOnIt

On 1/4/2020 at 7:52 AM, GermanG said:

Same. Mine was transferred to NBC in December 2018. 

I am a combo filer. I sent the I751 in early November 2017 and the N-400, at the end of October 2018.

The I751 got transferred in December 2018 to NBC (in Lee's Summit, MO).

I contacted my US Congressman to ask him about my both pending cases.

This is the response that he received today:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding this constituent’s immigration matter.  These cases are currently awaiting interview scheduling by the Seattle Field Office.  Although the A-File is still physically located at the National Benefits Center (NBC), the scheduling of your constituent's interview is within the jurisdiction of the field office.  Once the field office schedules this case for an interview, your constituent will receive an interview notice stating the date and time to appear for the scheduled interview.  Once the interview is scheduled, the NBC will then forward the files to the field office.  For an approximate interview / adjudicative timeframe, please refer to the local field office’s processing time information found on the USCIS Processing Time Information page.

So, based on the above response, for those combo filers, it seems that the "driver" for the naturalization is the N-400 and not the I-751.

This also makes sense in terms of the reply to the e-request about "both cases will be adjudicated at the same time".

So, the time frame that we should look at is between 16 to 19.5 months for our local Seattle Office.

We don't have to wait 37 months for the I751 to be approved and then be handled to our local office.

4 hours ago, GermanG said:

I am a combo filer. I sent the I751 in early November 2017 and the N-400, at the end of October 2018.

The I751 got transferred in December 2018 to NBC (in Lee's Summit, MO).

I contacted my US Congressman to ask him about my both pending cases.

This is the response that he received today:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding this constituent’s immigration matter.  These cases are currently awaiting interview scheduling by the Seattle Field Office.  Although the A-File is still physically located at the National Benefits Center (NBC), the scheduling of your constituent's interview is within the jurisdiction of the field office.  Once the field office schedules this case for an interview, your constituent will receive an interview notice stating the date and time to appear for the scheduled interview.  Once the interview is scheduled, the NBC will then forward the files to the field office.  For an approximate interview / adjudicative timeframe, please refer to the local field office’s processing time information found on the USCIS Processing Time Information page.

So, based on the above response, for those combo filers, it seems that the "driver" for the naturalization is the N-400 and not the I-751.

This also makes sense in terms of the reply to the e-request about "both cases will be adjudicated at the same time".

So, the time frame that we should look at is between 16 to 19.5 months for our local Seattle Office.

We don't have to wait 37 months for the I751 to be approved and then be handled to our local office.

This is great!!! Thank you so much for sharing! Which Congressman did you contact and how long did it take for them to get back to you? 

I submitted N-400 in April 2018 so it's already past the 19.5 months. Hope I will hear something soon :(

12 hours ago, Dani N said:

This is great!!! Thank you so much for sharing! Which Congressman did you contact and how long did it take for them to get back to you? 

I submitted N-400 in April 2018 so it's already past the 19.5 months. Hope I will hear something soon :(

I contacted the US senator Maria Cantwell and the US Representative Adam Smith. The latter one was because I live in Beacon Hill, which is District 9. That depends where you live. It took approx. 2 months from the moment that I emailed him till the response that he wrote yesterday.   

I've been lurking here for a long time, and the discussion has been super helpful. My appointment was finally scheduled, and here are the dates if it helps anyone else. Seattle office.

N-400

Filed : Jan 21, 2019

Biometrics scheduled: Jan 26, 2019

Biometrics reviewed: Feb 15, 2019

Interview scheduled: Jan 7, 2020

Interview date: Feb 11, 2020

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 11/3/2019 at 2:16 PM, RKX1101 said:

New filer joining in. I submitted on October 10th and got done with my biometrics already. I751 is still pending since Sept 2018 at CSC. When I filed N400 they transferred my I751 to the local office but then transferred it again to Potomac. Estimated completion date is dec 2020 lol. The officer at the biometrics said we're currently one of the slowest ones.

Hi I have a similar timeline as yours! I filed my ROC on Sept 2018 at CSC, then filed N-400 with pending I-751 on August 2019. After I filed N-400, my ROC application transferred to the local office but it got transferred again to another office that has jurisdiction (not sure where). The status havent updated since then.

Therefore, I was wondering how would you know your case was transferred to Potomac? I am not sure if both my applications will be processed at Seattle office or elsewhere. I heard your I-751 was approved. Congratulations! I have a similar timeline but my ROC hasnt been approved yet!

AOS Journey

4/21/16: Aos package sent

10/11/16: Interview at USCIS and got approved

10/15/16: GC arrived

ROC Journey

09/08/18: ROC package sent to CSC

07/12/19: Biometrics done

08/16/19: Case transferred to another office

04/27/20: RFE Received

06/04/20: ROC approved

Naturalization

08/05/19: N-400 filed online

08/29/19: Biometrics done

11/03/20: N-400 interview 

Timeline

Looks like non-combo filers really have it faster than combo filers. It's weird.

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-20 Voted!

15 minutes ago, py6 said:

Looks like non-combo filers really have it faster than combo filers. It's weird.

We are combo filers because they were inefficient. Otherwise, we would be solo filers.

Timeline
1 hour ago, GermanG said:

We are combo filers because they were inefficient. Otherwise, we would be solo filers.

That just made it even worse lol

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-20 Voted!

9 hours ago, huskydawg said:

I've been lurking here for a long time, and the discussion has been super helpful. My appointment was finally scheduled, and here are the dates if it helps anyone else. Seattle office.

N-400

Filed : Jan 21, 2019

Biometrics scheduled: Jan 26, 2019

Biometrics reviewed: Feb 15, 2019

Interview scheduled: Jan 7, 2020

Interview date: Feb 11, 2020

OMG, I am only 9 days behind you. Quick question sir, is your estimation time still way behind? You dp all of sudden got me very excited!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.