LCCF

New Jersey 2017 AOS Filers

59 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi, 

Wanted to hear of aos experiences in NJ. 

There are forums for aos filers for each month, which are very helpful but i see that the local offices work on different times. 

I would be assigned to the Mount Laurel office in NJ per my zip code. 

Filed for aos early Nov. 2017

Completed biometrics dec. 2017. 

My application status online reads 'ready for interview to be scheduled' as of 1/10/18. 

Have not received any other update to date. 

I am a DACA recepient, married to a USC. Have a child together. 

Waiting for interview to be scheduled. 

Did not file for EAD with my initial package but will file soon if no other update is received within the next month. 

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I, petitioner,  am still gathering info to submit my i129f. I also need to show affidavit of support. I am going to be watching this thread to know more. 

"There are forums for aos filers for each month, which are very helpful but i see that the local offices work on different times. "

What do you mean by above sentence?

Timeline

There are other posts in this site for people to share their aos experience/ timelines and updates. However they are by month. So, for exanple, i filed November, i would follow the November aos filers post. And i already do. People share their experience and questions. The community helps eachother. 

But, filers are from all accross the country. So, their local offices work different. Some are faster than. Others, some have more petitions than others and it affects on time frames. Which is why i want to start this thread for NJ only. Weather you files September, November or recently, we may have a better idea of how our individual area is moving along. 

Hey, we are Filers from NJ also. Filed Dec 1st AOS + EAD + AP, did Biometrics 12/26, and no status change as of yet. I did put a service request today so will see how that goes. Our office is Newark and we are in North Jersey. Thanks for starting this thread. will watch this for sure, good luck to all.

K1 visa adventure 

02/20/2017- I-129F packet send to Dallas

02/22/2017- I-129F packet delivered

02/28/2017-- check cashed

03/01/2017-- NOA1 text and email received transferred to (CSC)

03/06/2017-- NOA1 hard copy received in the mail.

05/23/2017 -- Notified RFE

06/16/2017 -- Replied RFE

06/19/2017 -- CSC Received reply

06/26/2017-- Approved 

06/30/2017-- received NOA2

07/10/2017-- NVC Recived case

07/11/2017-- Case number assigned

08/14/2017-- Interview ( APPROVED )

AOS

11/29/17- Packet sent to Chicago lockbox ( I-485, I-765, I-131 included)

12/1/2017- recieved packet

12/6/2017 NOA1 text and email recieved

12/8/2017 NOA1 Hard copy recieved

12/26/2017 Biometrics done

03/31/2018 RFE - I-131

04/19/2018 Approved I-765, I-131 ( EAD & AP )

04/26/2018 Received combo card in mail

12/06/2018 Interview done - no decision

12/27/2018  APPROVED - card being produced

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Recently heard from an august filer from this forum that they have received an email today indicating they have scheduled their interview!!  They are in the Mt. Laurel office as well! 

well at least they are progressing. I think the Newark office is much farther behind than Mt Laurel.

K1 visa adventure 

02/20/2017- I-129F packet send to Dallas

02/22/2017- I-129F packet delivered

02/28/2017-- check cashed

03/01/2017-- NOA1 text and email received transferred to (CSC)

03/06/2017-- NOA1 hard copy received in the mail.

05/23/2017 -- Notified RFE

06/16/2017 -- Replied RFE

06/19/2017 -- CSC Received reply

06/26/2017-- Approved 

06/30/2017-- received NOA2

07/10/2017-- NVC Recived case

07/11/2017-- Case number assigned

08/14/2017-- Interview ( APPROVED )

AOS

11/29/17- Packet sent to Chicago lockbox ( I-485, I-765, I-131 included)

12/1/2017- recieved packet

12/6/2017 NOA1 text and email recieved

12/8/2017 NOA1 Hard copy recieved

12/26/2017 Biometrics done

03/31/2018 RFE - I-131

04/19/2018 Approved I-765, I-131 ( EAD & AP )

04/26/2018 Received combo card in mail

12/06/2018 Interview done - no decision

12/27/2018  APPROVED - card being produced

Hello! We filed last month, so not quite 2017 filers but according to the site, we will be assigned to Mount Laurel as well. We received the NOA1 very quickly so *fingers crossed*

• 1 month later...
Timeline

My status online changed today! My interview has been scheduled! Waiting for the letter for date. 

But super excited! I was calculating i would receive the notification next month, but looks like they are moving along! 

17 minutes ago, LCCF said:

My status online changed today! My interview has been scheduled! Waiting for the letter for date. 

But super excited! I was calculating i would receive the notification next month, but looks like they are moving along! 

Congratulations!! When did you file? And are you going through Mount Laurel or Newark?

2 minutes ago, LCCF said:

@Sarah&Facundo i sent it in late october. 

Got there Nov. 6th. 

My local office is Mt. Laurel. 

Oh man, then we have a long way to go! Thanks for the update! :D

Timeline

I was calculating to receive the interview notice next month. But they may not have many. An august filer got their notice last month and their interview was last week. So, they are moving quick if i got the notification. 

• 5 months later...
Timeline

I filed back in early Nov. 2017 in Mount Laurel and received my interview back in July. I hear Newark has a longer list compared to Mt. Laurel. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.